You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

how is weighted contribution likely to work

edited November 2012 in Poker Chat
i understand how it works i think - people putmony in pot and then get C4P's depending on how much they put in, more points for bigger contributors ?

my question is how will the C4P system likely to be changed and what is the likely % of rakeback that will be given

don't play here no more play on different site but still like the forum and noticed the other site i play on now has weighted too so thout id get a discussion goin.

also how do vthe top grinders who play a tiny amount of hands think this will affect their play

the likes of that guy tintin who won the kings for cash does he think it will make him play looser

or what about the hi stakes 'reg's who just buy in for 100bb no matter what the table and then just fold for a living?

Comments

• edited November 2012

Hi there

The actual cash for points system will likely not change in the short term.

However, the way you earn points will and will be proportional / weighted to the rake & fees each player contributes. It is a fairer system. Those who contribute more (possibly from playing looser) will earn more points and vice versa.

The more points you earn, the greater your cash for points bonus will be.

Thanks
    Sky Poker
  • edited November 2012
    thank for the response

i understand all you have written

what i meant was right now it's 20 raked hands per point, how many points are you likely to get per raked hands? will it be something like X amount of points per X amount of £ paid?
  • edited November 2012
    im referenced in 2 threads in 2 days lol.

no i dont think the change will make me play looser as im not uber tight as it is. i cant comment on how my bonus payments would change as ive not seen the official release from sky on how the points will be allocated.

i can only assume that the cash points will be of same value as the raked fees that people pay in stt/mtt. ie as it is stt/mtt get 10 points per £1 in rake so i would imagine rightly or wronly this scale will be introduced to the cash element, so for every £1 in rake on the cash tables theres 10 points to be divided up
  • edited November 2012
    ^ ah that makes sense
  • edited November 2012
    This should benefit us PLO players who generate a lot of action. 
  • edited November 2012
    The new rake system will definitely benefit PLO players.
  • edited November 2012

It will reward players who create the most rake. Rake is created when someone presses the call button. So if you like to limp in to a lot of pots you will receive more points. If you like to raise or fold when entering pots you will be worse off. So if you are a 15/12 (vpip/pfr) 22/18 or 30/26 you will be worse off. If you are a 55/3 you will be better off. 55/3 don't play much so the extra points to them will be worthless. The first 3 examples will have worse c4p payments.

The first 3 examples will most probably play less (these people generally play 4 to 12 tables), so less tables will be running, but the tables that are running will have a better ratio of the first three examples to the fourth example. So the first three type of players will see a loss in c4p but a rise in winnings.

From a personal point of view I am not for or against it as I am not sure how it will affect what I make. If the overall amount would go up I am for it. If the overall amount went down I am against it obviously.

• edited November 2012
    It will reward players who create the most rake. Rake is created when someone presses the call button. 
    With infinite bankrolls this would prob be very accurate but w/o infinite bankrolls i'll take the rake of a redline player over a station any day. 
  • edited November 2012

In the interests of keeping this friendly, we have deleted a couple of posts.

Thanks guys.

Sky Poker
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: how is weighted contribution likely to work:
    In the interests of keeping this friendly, we have deleted a couple of posts. Thanks guys. Sky Poker
    Posted by Sky_Poker

I put alot of time and effort into sizing and colouring that text.

All very 'you cant handle the truth-esque'.
  • edited November 2012
    So pleased I got to see the post before it went!

The effort was appreciated!
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: how is weighted contribution likely to work:
    So pleased I got to see the post before it went! The effort was appreciated!
    Posted by MattBates

It wasn't even rude,  I didn't do any swears, didn't lie or bend the truth.

tis like the Tom Cruise film scene, YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTHIES