You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

After no answers to a clinic question....

edited November 2012 in Poker Chat
HI folks
I put the equivalent in the clinic but after recieving precisely no replies in 36 hours partly, no doubt, because my copy and paste has refused to work for weeks, i wanted peopleto know that i feel that it was out of order. I take time to take part in the forum and want to learn more. I've shown interest in you and as a forum we shouldn't leave people out. If i see a post with no answers then i post. No i can't for cash orPLO as i don't play them but otherwise i do. So please get your fingers outand give an opinion, eh!!
This post may have something to do with the poor play(both mine and others) which has cost me recently both financially and fun wise. However, i'm sure i'll be cheering in the aisles when i get your hard-nosed answers telling me how poor my play was!!
Remember this is a forum and if you are ignoring people then they will move elsewhere. Once i stop enjoying it then  i'll do something else. Learning more is part of that enjoyment. I'm sure others would agree and i apologise if this post comes across as a little harsh but i really am cheesed off with the response to my clinic post.
Pease tell me if this is wrong as if that's the general consensus then maybe poker isn't for me!!
Your opinion Tikay?

Comments

• edited November 2012
    change the browser you use for copying the hh
    peeps - well me at least - find reading a text hh offputting
  • edited November 2012

Hi Profman, i think your right and that people should be trying to write back to as many clinic posts as possible to help people learn, but i dont think you should take it personally that your post hasnt been replied to, it would be a little bit optimistic to expect a reply to every single post. try not to let it get you down i think a high % of posts do get replied to so please keep on posting on there and im sure people will give views on your play.

if your really want an opinion on a particular hand jusr add another comment underneath it to bump it back up to the top of the forum and hopefully grab everyones attention.

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: After no answers to a clinic question....:
    Hi Profman, i think your right and that people should be trying to write back to as many clinic posts as possible to help people learn, but i dont think you should take it personally that your post hasnt been replied to, it would be a little bit optimistic to expect a reply to every single post. try not to let it get you down i think a high % of posts do get replied to so please keep on posting on there and im sure people will give views on your play. if your really want an opinion on a particular hand jusr add another comment underneath it to bump it back up to the top of the forum and hopefully grab everyones attention.
    Posted by RLT16

Hi Prof,

I think RLT has it pretty much spot on. Sometimes a hand is posted that is really similar to another one that (unknown to you) might have been commented on by the Clinic. Also, check what kinds of hands you're posting. Is it somewhat 'standard'? There's only so much that can be said in some spots, so those hands don't tend to get as much traction.

Obviously this is just my feedback, but the HH pasting is a good point by Geldy too - I always find it easier to get into the hand if I can see stacks, positions, etc :)

GL!

• edited November 2012
    Cheers guys

Appreciate it....just felt a bit aggravated this morning. TY.
  • edited November 2012
    LOL at this post! Are you on some kind of entitlement tilt or something!

If you want people to give opinions on your hands and take more notice then making a post slating everyone on the forum like an attention seeking spoilt brat is not the right way to go about it! Get a grip.
  • edited November 2012
    Your hand was pretty standard and its one where you can't really play it wrongly.. thats probably another reason why you didn't get any replies.

If you can't get the hang of the copy+paste HH, then try posting the hand details with different fonts/colours to make it stand out. One big 'wall' of text that is all the same size/colour discourages people from reading sometimes.
  • edited November 2012
    LOL at this post! Are you on some kind of entitlement tilt or something! If you want people to give opinions on your hands and take more notice then making a post slating everyone on the forum like an attention seeking spoilt brat is not the right way to go about it! Get a grip.
    Posted by Curt360x27
    had to laugh at this post
  • edited November 2012
    LOL at this post! Are you on some kind of entitlement tilt or something! If you want people to give opinions on your hands and take more notice then making a post slating everyone on the forum like an attention seeking spoilt brat is not the right way to go about it! Get a grip.
    Posted by Curt360x27
     Wow...thanks Curt...you really are such a nice guy! You must be a godsend when people have problems in your family and need an understanding person. Have you thought about starting a radio show dealing with people's problems?
    Yes, after spending a lot of time on other people's post, i was a bit cheesed at being ignored but i realise how stupid it is. No i' m not 'a spoilt brat' and i wasn't slating everyone on the forum. I was trying to say that we should try to answer a post if it hasn't had a reply. It just seems like good manners to me.
     Entitlement tilt? Aaaah, you've read The mental game of poker then? Nice one.
    By the way, why are you called CURT? Aaaah say no more!!!! So next time you see a post that you want to rant at , why don't you just refrain as you've done this before, i've noticed, i had nothing of any significance to contribute but bile. Mind it did make me laugh, so mission accomplished Curt........TY
    PS Don't forget to say "HI" when we're are at a table together.......
  • edited November 2012
    Your hand was pretty standard and its one where you can't really play it wrongly.. thats probably another reason why you didn't get any replies. If you can't get the hang of the copy+paste HH, then try posting the hand details with different fonts/colours to make it stand out. One big 'wall' of text that is all the same size/colour discourages people from reading sometimes.
    Posted by NColley
     Hi N
     Yes a wall of text is off putting. Just fed up with copy and paste....believe me, it's been working fine until just lately and trying 4 or 5 times with a poker problem was driving me up the wall mate. Then taking the time to transfer it to text and no one bothers was the final straw. My apologies to all who took offence. I feel purged now!! Oh well...its nothing really. I am surprised that a couple of people have been a bit OTT HERE THOUGH....NO NAMES MENTIONED!!! c_u_r_t.....
  • edited November 2012
    For me if it's not pasted properly I can't be asked to dicpher  walls of text

two way street, post properly and you'll get some replies

think your over reacting

people ain't responding because it takes too long to work out what the hand is

seriously take the time yourself to post the HH correctly and you may find that beneficial rarther than having a go at everyone for not taking the time out to post - when you can't even take the time out to learn to post a HH

pot kettle - greenhouses & all that

chill pROF !!

Use Firefox btw - doesn't even work inside the client download & some browsers

Hand History #589466118 (23:29 22/11/2012)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    AirLite Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £18.43
    Donttelmum Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £18.76
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • Q

tatohead Fold        
    Kevwinsome Fold        
    rancid Fold        
  • edited November 2012
    Hi Prof,

On the forum we like it when peeps are forthright with their views, as long as they have a valid opinion. Curt said it like he saw it - didn't say you were a spoiled brat, just acting like one. Sometimes we don't realise how we are coming across and yes, we do want members of our family to be forthright when they think we have stepped out of line. I fear your reply was more hostile than it needed to be. 
  • edited November 2012
    TBH Pro, the other day i saw noone had post and i usually prefer to post first. BUT your hand was very hard to read, it wasnt rocket science getting part of it but still was unclear so i didnt bother.

Dont take it personally, sometimes its a case of people not seeing it. Or it may just be because it was hard to read so people didnt bother, dont stop posting and hope you sort out your HH because then people will be more then happy to comment.
  • edited November 2012
    If you start getting offended because people ignore you, you will end up a very annoyed person!

Mr Angry
  • edited November 2012
    Definately try changing your browser Prof. I could not post hands with IE and now I use Firefox I have no problems at all.
  • edited November 2012
    OK GUYS. PLEASE NO MORE. YES I WAS GRUMPY. YES YOU'VE TOLD ME AND I ACCEPT IT NOW. I WILL SAY THAT I'M DOING THE COPYING AND  PASTING NO DIFFERENT THAN WHEN IT WAS SUCCESSFUL HOWEVER. i SHAN''T POST A HAND UNTIL IT WORKS OR UNTIL MY OBV SILLY BRAIN CAN WORK IT OUT.
    I APOLOGISE FOR THE TANTRUM.
  • edited November 2012
    and breathe (caps lock off)