You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

cash for points targets

edited November 2012 in Poker Chat
call me nosey but just wondered if and what ur cash 4 points targets are? ive never really bothered really going for it cos i mainly play mtts and its hard to accrue points with them, the most ive ever got was 14k and thats only cos i was playing a few £55 dyms.

im gona really go for it tho in the month of december, my target for december is gona be 28k cash for points, my rolls took a hammering in the ukops so will be playing £22 dyms, i can only play 4 tables at a time tho or my comp crashes midgame. is this achievable if i put the hours in?

Comments

• edited November 2012
    No sorry mate but 28k is nowhere near achievable playing 4 tables of £22 dyms.  I played 50nl all of last month 6 tabling probly averaging around 4 hours a day last month including happy hours and i finished the month with around 25k in c4ps.  You should lok to get a proper poker setup with a monitor and it will be a good investment for you in the long run.
  • edited November 2012
    I'm currently on 430 points. Trying my hardest just to make the 500 mark in time! Think I should just about do it. I enter tourneys pretty much all hours of the day. And also play some low cash games during happy hours.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: cash for points targets:
    I'm currently on 430 points. Trying my hardest just to make the 500 mark in time! Think I should just about do it. I enter tourneys pretty much all hours of the day. And also play some low cash games during happy hours.
    Posted by G_Emery
    Is £4 that important to you?

Don't do anything silly, like playing more than you're comfortable with just to accrue cash for points... 500 points shouldn't be too much for anyone, just generally speaking setting cash for points targets seems self-defeating unless you're close to priority or a major boundary.
  • edited November 2012
    903.3 points a day playing all 31 day's(including xmas & new year's eve) ,1000 for 28 day's.
    If you play 6 £22 an hour almost 8.5 hours for 1k points a day.
    if you manage 8 £22 an hour(tough imo 4 tabling 30min a game alot will go 40-45min) its still 6.25 hrs for 1k.
  • edited November 2012
    i dnt really aim for anything but i like to get 200 c4p a day 
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: cash for points targets:
    In Response to Re: cash for points targets : Is £4 that important to you? Don't do anything silly, like playing more than you're comfortable with just to accrue cash for points... 500 points shouldn't be too much for anyone, just generally speaking setting cash for points targets seems self-defeating unless you're close to priority or a major boundary.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Hi mate no not doing anything stupid mate just saying would be a bit of a bummer getting to say 495 points lol. Im playing well within my bankroll the £4 is irrelavant its just the principal :).
  • edited November 2012
    I don`t set myself any targets but I usually get around 3-5k c4p every month the most I ever had was december last year I got over 8k c4p no be doin that again lol.

• edited November 2012
    I've been 4 tabling £11 and £16 DYMs this month, I play 2 hours in the evening (about 12 games) and play a bit at the weekends, so far I have 3.8k C4P, so no way is 28k possible.

Like others have said, concentrate on making profits, cash that profit out and spend it on a new computer setup. That way you can then play more tables and in the long term it will pay for itself and more!
  • edited November 2012
    I find it funny i wer on over 6k points within the 1st week of the month!

Due to playing not as much since shorter hours day eg ive just dwindled away and nowive only just passed 8k so yea not good.

Should just scrape priority tho
  • edited November 2012
    I aim for 40k each month.

30k isn't to much trouble but the last 10k gets tougher.  Its like looking at the clock on the treadmill and it seems to go so slow.

I'm going to be feeling festive in December so might just get 20k.  Unless theres a fab promo that tempts me into the mega grind.

Jan - I will be back on it and will be making at least 30k.

GL Rocky!
  • edited November 2012
    I let cash for points come on there own. No point chasing caah for points.. or like above said if you are going for priority. You could end up loosing more then what the cash for points is worth. This is my 1st month back at poker for a while. Im playing mainly 10nl6max and sattilites and i have 4500 c4p, if im near a target where it is a big jump i might put in a few hours or some thing if it is close to the end of month. 

I think i can get to 5k easy so then if i get to 5500 near end of month for £99 i might make a push to 6k to get £120. But i wont play out off my limit or play every hand just to get points, 
  • ckdckd
    edited November 2012

im on 14k at the mo from stt games looking for 16k finish