You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

gazza127 - so close to the jackpot - amazing result mate

2»

Comments

• edited November 2012

GR8 effort m8, you should be proud of what you achieved, Not many have got as close as that. Nice Profit.

Last hand was a fold, but maybey the excitement hit and at least you had outs aswell to hit on turn or river.   WELL DONE SIR.

Well played Ian , I did say when you knocked me out, 2 50 50 hands within a few mins youd win it. Well Done

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: gazza127 - so close to the jackpot - amazing result mate:
    So 2 Dragons ( formerly DYM) HU in the main with the jackpot on and not a sniff of any colluding. I hope this puts to bed once and for all team members colluding arguments. I remember not long ago Ian feeling the need to post on this matter after certain players were accused  Once again VWP Gazza and 18
    Posted by scouse_red

+3
  • edited November 2012
    +4      and a great  watch ,  well played  Ian and Gazza,
  • edited November 2012
    So 2 Dragons ( formerly DYM) HU in the main with the jackpot on and not a sniff of any colluding. I hope this puts to bed once and for all team members colluding arguments. I remember not long ago Ian feeling the need to post on this matter after certain players were accused  Once again VWP Gazza and 18
    Posted by scouse_red

+ 5
  • edited November 2012
    Sooooo proud 2 be a dragon ;-) Amazing result 4 our lovely Captainpervdonk(aka 18) taking down the main event+also vul on jackpot attempt but vwp also Gazza coming 2nd+taking down the mini!!!+also welcome 2 our team.... Cant believe i actually missed our dragons HU but sure it will be replayed on skypoker tv channel very soon+will look 4ward 2 watching **proudness** and loads of wonga just b4 christmas too Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii n1 guyz  :-) xXx
  • edited November 2012
    Posted by scouse_red
    Luvz u chris!! such a spot on post...so true ;-) xx
  • edited November 2012
    THANK YOU ALL, WAS A GREAT RAIL ONCE AGAIN, JUST A BIT GUTTED I COST GAZZA A 9K JACKPOT BONUS, VWP SIR AND VERY UL. THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE COMMENTED 
  • edited November 2012
  • edited November 2012
    After a while i would be happy with the cash< right now id be gutted about not winning the jackpot, feel sorry for you, but wp and very nice cash as it is
  • edited November 2012
    Hi gazza,

I guess subconciously one of the reasons I started this thread is I know your pain. 5 mins before it started I bought in direct into the last Viva Las Vegas final for £1100, one seat on offer, and some real cash for the next three. I was 4/4 but ran like you to end up hu as the short stack. fought my way up to be chip leader and got it allin ahead, only to get outdrawn. So instead of winning a £10,000 package I netted £1500, but it felt like -£9000. I was so gutted.

Two things got my mind back on track - one was focussing on the fact that between the VLV and 2 other tournies I played I had ft-ed them all and netted £2000 - the other was knowing the winner - Oldboy - was a great player and deserved it as much as me, if not more.

I still have the occassional "sigh" moments thinking back on it, but generally it's more a case of wanting to perfect my game to be able to win through next year.

So, for sure it was vvvul, but also a big dollop of very well done.

PS forum regs - gazza is new so he hasn't heard it all before - it ain't meant to be a brag post, nor a bad beat story.
  • edited November 2012
    Hi gazza, I guess subconciously one of the reasons I started this thread is I know your pain. 5 mins before it started I bought in direct into the last Viva Las Vegas final for £1100, one seat on offer, and some real cash for the next three. I was 4/4 but ran like you to end up hu as the short stack. fought my way up to be chip leader and got it allin ahead, only to get outdrawn. So instead of winning a £10,000 package I netted £1500, but it felt like -£9000. I was so gutted. Two things got my mind back on track - one was focussing on the fact that between the VLV and 2 other tournies I played I had ft-ed them all and netted £2000 - the other was knowing the winner - Oldboy - was a great player and deserved it as much as me, if not more. I still have the occassional "sigh" moments thinking back on it, but generally it's more a case of wanting to perfect my game to be able to win through next year. So, for sure it was vvvul, but also a big dollop of very well done. PS forum regs - gazza is new so he hasn't heard it all before - it ain't meant to be a brag post, nor a bad beat story.
    Posted by GELDY
    Nice post Geldy
    Big +1
  • edited November 2012
    Hi gazza, I guess subconciously one of the reasons I started this thread is I know your pain. 5 mins before it started I bought in direct into the last Viva Las Vegas final for £1100, one seat on offer, and some real cash for the next three. I was 4/4 but ran like you to end up hu as the short stack. fought my way up to be chip leader and got it allin ahead, only to get outdrawn. So instead of winning a £10,000 package I netted £1500, but it felt like -£9000. I was so gutted. Two things got my mind back on track - one was focussing on the fact that between the VLV and 2 other tournies I played I had ft-ed them all and netted £2000 - the other was knowing the winner - Oldboy - was a great player and deserved it as much as me, if not more. I still have the occassional "sigh" moments thinking back on it, but generally it's more a case of wanting to perfect my game to be able to win through next year. So, for sure it was vvvul, but also a big dollop of very well done. PS forum regs - gazza is new so he hasn't heard it all before - it ain't meant to be a brag post, nor a bad beat story.
    Posted by GELDY

Thank you for the post GELDY.  I appreciate the post and the advice having missed out on a big jackpot.  I sympathise immensely with what you went through (with the difference i went all in behind).  Now that the trials and tribulations from last night has sunk in, I feel very fortunate to have cashed so highly.  I'll be the first to admit I was playing above my level and lost to a much better and more experienced poker player in 18 (many congratulations team captain - I do not want this jackpot malarky to spoil what was a great game and a much deserved win).  I'm only 5 months into my poker career and plan to refer to this experience as a massive positive in the steps im taking to improve my game.  This was not a bad beat by any means, nor is it a claim to knowing it all.  Poker comes with a huge learning curve which im gradually working my way up.  I'd like to thank all those who were routing me on.  The online community is brand new to me and I'll admit I dont understand a lot of the lingo!  But im very proud to be part of a community of poker players who all want each other to do well.  Thanks guys.  I'll be seeing you on the tables.
  • edited November 2012

Once the dust settled, gazza, we came to see that you are a top, top, bloke, a real man, & one who handled a crushing disappointment with tremendous grace & dignity.

I hope you hang around this Community, you'd be a tremendous asset to it.

• edited November 2012
    Thank you for the post GELDY.  I appreciate the post and the advice having missed out on a big jackpot.  I sympathise immensely with what you went through (with the difference i went all in behind).  Now that the trials and tribulations from last night has sunk in, I feel very fortunate to have cashed so highly.  I'll be the first to admit I was playing above my level and lost to a much better and more experienced poker player in 18 (many congratulations team captain - I do not want this jackpot malarky to spoil what was a great game and a much deserved win).  I'm only 5 months into my poker career and plan to refer to this experience as a massive positive in the steps im taking to improve my game.  This was not a bad beat by any means, nor is it a claim to knowing it all.  Poker comes with a huge learning curve which im gradually working my way up.  I'd like to thank all those who were routing me on.  The online community is brand new to me and I'll admit I dont understand a lot of the lingo!  But im very proud to be part of a community of poker players who all want each other to do well.  Thanks guys.  I'll be seeing you on the tables.

Great post Gazza, and vwp. Good luck to you at the tables, and my your good fortune continue.
    Stick around this community and your game will definitely improve.

Regards Alan.
  • edited November 2012
    Thanks Tikay and Alan.... much appreciated.  Please give me a nod when the replay will be on as id quite like to know what you thought of my general play.  What I did well and what i did not so well in particular.

Cheers.
  • edited November 2012

gazza,

I believe the repeat is tomorrow evening (Monday) @ 8pm.
  • edited November 2012
    hi TK,

you wouldn´t know - perchance - when the next replay of any of my VLV final is would you?

might just watch gazza´s repeat - yeah ok i will be definitely wathing it - but starrting to get a bit targetted on next years VLV

and I want to remember how to play it