You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Santa Hunter? X'mas Ideas

edited December 2012 in Poker Chat

Terrific Post Trev!

Comments

• edited November 2012
    Its nearly that time again......................

Well at least I'm hoping that Sky Santa & his Elv's will be visiting us again this year. So I was just wondering if it were possible to have a "Santa Hunter" throughout one of the weeks in December?

Its like a Bounty Hunter but if you take Santa out you get added prizes or a bumper bounty. These could be done at different levels to suit all bankrolls.

NEXT.........................

What about a "Snowball" Tourney?

A Superfast and Furious Snowball fight of a tourney till the last man is standing. Each night for a week in December. 3 or 4 min Blinds

NEXT..........................

What about a "Get Out Clause" as in Santa Clause

This is a Timed Tourney" where at any point during the game you can "Click Stand" and exit the tourney taking your current monetry value with you.

Well we have all been there.........one minute your the chip daddy.......next minute your a gonna. Now you can leave the tourney whilst your still in profit, thats the "Get Out Clause" or try and stick it out till the end.

NEXT..........................

What about a "Chrismas Stocking" Tourney

Top 3 players get a Christmas Stocking full of goodies - This can be run as a "Main X'Mas Stocking" and a "Mini X'Mas Stocking" event for a week in December.

Shall I go on.........................? OK! OK! Thats enough now :)

Can't you tell i'm X'Cited?

Right i'm off to get the Turkey..............................................
  • edited November 2012

Well hello!

Did someone mention my name?

• edited November 2012

Sigh.......just when the Thread was going so well.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Santa Hunter? X'mas Ideas:
    Terrific Post Trev!
    Posted by Tikay10
    Did I mention the "X'mas Tree" Tourney?

Payout is structured as an X'mas Tree - See Pic below

example.....
    1st = £100
    2nd & 3rd = £50
    4th 5th & 6th = £30
    7th, 8th, 9th & 10 = £ £20 etc..etc..etc

• edited November 2012
    Well hello! Did someone mention my name?
    Posted by Sky_Santa
    Knew you would'nt be able to resist lol

Hi Sky Santa - I've missed you :)
  • edited November 2012

I ♥ Sky Elf.....but hate Xmas!
  • edited November 2012
    Sigh.......just when the Thread was going so well.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Behave Mr K!

Oh by the way...     ... I got your letter with your Christmas wish list for 2012.

I filed it with the ones from previous years...

• edited November 2012
    Some quality ideas there Trev mate, nice one.
  • edited November 2012
    I ♥ Sky Elf.....but hate Xmas!
    Posted by MAXALLY

Love you too Maxy!

XXX
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Santa Hunter? X'mas Ideas : Love you too Maxy! XXX
    Posted by Sky_Elf
    Hi Elfy
    I expect your getting very busy this time of the year - How is everyone?
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Santa Hunter? X'mas Ideas : Hi Elfy I expect your getting very busy this time of the year - How is everyone?
    Posted by POKERTREV
    Good Trev thanks.

I wrapped some of your presents the other day, you had a lot!

You must have been a good boy his year (or maybe you just run good!)
  • edited November 2012
    What about going back to the old days?
    A 30 Bob Sleigh
    A £1.50 deep stack timed to keep big kids with small bank rolls amused as they wait to hear Sky Santa's Sleigh bells.
    Timed to start at 23.55 hrs should go down well with the mince pie and brandy beside the chimney
  • edited November 2012
    What about going back to the old days? A 30 Bob Sleigh A £1.50 deep stack timed to keep big kids with small bank rolls amused as they wait to hear Sky Santa's Sleigh bells. Timed to start at 23.55 hrs should go down well with the mince pie and brandy beside the chimney
    Posted by cleansweep
    A "30 Bob Sleigh" - Nice Tourney Title

I Like It :)
  • edited November 2012
    I am so excited by this thread :D
  • edited November 2012

Brilliant idea Trev can we add some as well
  • edited November 2012
        Brilliant idea Trev can we add some as well
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    Crack(ers) on m8 - The More the Merry'er :)
  • edited November 2012
    What about a 

SNOW LIMIT HOLDEM

BUT NOT TO DEER...

OR

A DEER HUNTER
  • edited November 2012
    Jinglema would sleigh them all !
  • edited November 2012

What about a "Boxing Day Bounty Hunter"
    Knock Out your Opponent to win - (100% of Prizepool is split into bounties.)
  • edited November 2012
    How about a Selection Box Series where there are a series of different types of tourney and a leaderboard is developed based on your finishing position . A quid from every player in every tourney is put in to a pot for a Boxing Day Knockout tournament , where the top of the leaderboard fight it out for the pot , and the title of Super Santa
  • edited November 2012

What about a "Christmas Snowroll" Tourney?

A Crimbo Freeroll with double the Guarantee to celebrate the season of giving.  Each night for a week in December.

Are you starting to get the feeling I have no plans this christmas apart from poker? :)

That reminds me...........Where is Tikay Hiding out this crimbo? He usually goes away doesn't he?
  • edited November 2012
    This could be total pants or funny (I expect it would have to be a small buyin or people wouldn't be interested...)

Basically the payout positions are flipped... So say top 10 are paid... once you make the money, the top prize is for 10th and lowest is for 1st... Could be pretty funny seeing everyone desperatly throwing all their chips in and folding aces. 1 things for sure, the game wouldn't last long once they made the cash...
  • edited November 2012
    This could be total pants or funny (I expect it would have to be a small buyin or people wouldn't be interested...) Basically the payout positions are flipped... So say top 10 are paid... once you make the money, the top prize is for 10th and lowest is for 1st... Could be pretty funny seeing everyone desperatly throwing all their chips in and folding aces. 1 things for sure, the game wouldn't last long once they made the cash...
    Posted by FlashFlush
    HaHa - That would be quite a novelty - certainly worth a small buy in just for a laugh lol

Now you just need to think of a Christmas Name for it.

Maybe the "Christmas Pudding Tourney" cause they usually contain a shilling, which is about all we will probably get for unfortunately finishing in 1st place lol.
  • edited November 2012
    the new years eve freefall
  • edited November 2012
    How about a "Secret Santa" where you can't see your hole cards but can see all the others?
  • edited November 2012
    How about a "Secret Santa" where you can't see your hole cards but can see all the others?
    Posted by VespaPX
    think that 1 could be a bad idea, MSN, cheating made easy.
  • edited December 2012

What about a "Christmas Jumper" Tourney?

Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without having a Jumper for X'mas, so why not have a tourney where the blinds levels jump up and down throughout the tourney.
  • edited December 2012

What about a "Sleigh Ride" Tourney? 1.2K GTD

A super fast Sleigh Ride of a tourney where blind levels get quicker and quicker throught the tourney.....

12min - 11mins - 10min 9mins etc

Similar to the 5,4,3,2,1 SnG's but MTT Mode.
  • edited December 2012
    This could be total pants or funny (I expect it would have to be a small buyin or people wouldn't be interested...) Basically the payout positions are flipped... So say top 10 are paid... once you make the money, the top prize is for 10th and lowest is for 1st... Could be pretty funny seeing everyone desperatly throwing all their chips in and folding aces. 1 things for sure, the game wouldn't last long once they made the cash...
    Posted by FlashFlush
    OH I like this!   Could be fun.  Also, what about the top prize possibly going to "Bubble boy"? 
  • edited December 2012
    this used to happen in the satellites. I used to play them and the final seat eg top 7 got a seat. but 7th seat would get a seat and the overlay say 18quid, i remember not many ppl in the sats used to catch on to this. so i was trying to bust out in 7th like playing 23os and quiet alot of times managing to bust out to get the seat and the money. obv theses dont happen now, but i remember i got it in on turn with 23 opponent had 34 and luckily my hand held (so to speak) and i crashed out lol.