You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Rebuy MTT's

edited November 2012 in Poker Chat
Is it possible to win or cash in these without rebuying or add-ons?

I had a free entry into last nights £6k rebuy and ran pretty well without rebuys or add-ons.
Finished 37th out of 196 so didn't make the cash but had the pleasure (i think) of sharing tables with some of the "bigger" players (sam1986 , phil12uk , gerrard9).
I learnt a lot watching these guys play, pity my BR doesn't allow me to play more on the higher stakes tables.

Exit hand , got it all-in with A10 got looked up by phil12uk with 66 and they held :-(

Oh and thanks to Sky for the free entry.
Cheers
Mick

Comments

• edited November 2012
    It's possible to win, but a rare occurance.

One of the attractions of rebuy tournaments is that there are a lot of runners in the field (often a third or so) taking a shot for the entry price only, ie they have no intention of rebuying or adding on. The truth of the matter is that these guys have very little chance against the properly rolled players who'll be fully prepared to start with a double stack and will take add-on every single time. Essentially there's a lot of dead money in the prizepool.

Undoubtedly people will come on here and post impressive stories about winning big rebuy events with just one entry, but these are the exception to the rule, the winner will nearly always come from the pool of properly rolled participants.
  • edited November 2012

i won the £6k friday night rebuy open last year without a rebuy or an addon. 

not that it was by choice.  i was in a hotel in luton with my netbook, the table doesnt fit the small screen and therefore the rebuy and addon buttons weren't in sight.

• edited November 2012
    1,001 ways to disguise a brag post, entry 742 :)

Of course it is! 

Congrats on your deep run.
  • edited November 2012
    Cheers guys.

Was tempted to add-on for £22 , maybe could have managed a min cash for £80.

And yes Dohhh it was a thinly veiled brag , don't get to do it often :-)