You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Yuk what have i done

edited November 2012 in The Poker Clinic
villian is an unknown to me, but havent noticed him do anything funky yet, well havent seen at showdown anyway. in hindsight my turn play is poor. Thought i was trying to rep a large pp but storey makes no sense as i would always bet the flop with that in this situation. so iv ballsed up, then hit the river. Is it a value bet here or a check behind with good showdown value?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
tommo14 Small blind   £0.20 £0.20 £13.25
kev_t Big blind   £0.40 £0.60 £70.26
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • K

??
Raise   £1.20 £1.80 £45.27
kano33 Fold        
jams88 Raise   £3.60 £5.40 £49.09
SteamyD Fold        
tommo14 Call   £3.40 £8.80 £9.85
kev_t Call   £3.20 £12.00 £67.06
??
Call   £2.40 £14.40 £42.87
Flop

tommo14 Check        
kev_t Check        
??
Check        
jams88 Check        
Turn

tommo14 Check        
kev_t Check        
??
Bet   £5.20 £19.60 £37.67
jams88 Raise   £12.00 £31.60 £37.09
tommo14 Fold        
kev_t Fold        
??
Call   £6.80 £38.40 £30.87
River

• K

??
Check        
jams88 Bet   £22.00 £60.40 £15.09
??
All-in   £30.87 £91.27 £0.00
jams88 Call   £8.87 £100.14 £6.22
??
Show

jams88 Show
  • A
  • K

??
Win Full House, 8s and 6s £98.34   £98.34

Comments

• edited November 2012
    Check behind on river for s/d value.  You only really rep a 6 on turn like 76s, 65s, A6s.... IF its concievable that you capable 3betting these hands pre plus maaybe flush draws, AK-Js obv.  

I personally would prob stab at flop immediately. betting summing like 8.5.. and fold to a c/r or x/c donk turn which is basically always a flopped set. 
  • edited November 2012
    worth cbetting into 3 callers do you think?
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Yuk what have i done:
    worth cbetting into 3 callers do you think?
    Posted by jams88
    Definately not
  • edited November 2012
    checking back river way too nitty
  • edited November 2012
    When UTG raises we 3bet IP and have 2 callers from the blinds... yeah i would cbet this board... but i can understand why some wouldn't.  If we have a caller behind us then I might have similar thoughts 4way.  

But we have absolute position on original raiser... BB will close action very wide and x/f a tonne... flop is ridic dry so sets can only play face up.  I'd slow down on flops with two or more cards above 7 like 874r, T85r, J84xxy etc. 

Pot control river all day; villain bet/calls turn so i dont think we can get enough value to bet river. 

• edited November 2012
    action table huh! i might c-bet this but i would make it big purely because its a rainbow board and think you can take it down a good amount of time, big because it would be a 1 bullet bluff.

i would never take your line it just doesn't make sense imo, also you are never going to get a six to fold, you may as well call to see the river, you dont get the odds to hit your 6 outer but you may have the best hand, his £5 may thin the field and he might have a draw (a bit ambitious!), BUT regardless of his small bet size i am folding the turn.

My action on this hand is c-bet or just give it up, nothing fancy.

river: if you bet for value, what are you expecting to get called by? for this reason checking is ok imo, but i am betting small here like £9 to get called by an 8.

Edit: Just read the hand again, you can bet bigger on the river, didnt realise he opened utg, he prolly has the same hand lol
  • edited November 2012
    just fold the turn

flop fine

im too happy w/ the river to check, but I think it might be best cos idk what villains flatting a turn raise with and calling a big bet otr that we beat. he's prob flatting trips, boats, and maybe like 99-JJ, but he's prob folding 99-jj to a river shove, so if i do bet i bet small, but then again I think he has 99-jj sometimes and might call a shove cos your line is so weird
  • edited November 2012
    action table huh! i might c-bet this but i would make it big purely because its a rainbow board and think you can take it down a good amount of time, big because it would be a 1 bullet bluff. i would never take your line it just doesn't make sense imo, also you are never going to get a six to fold, you may as well call to see the river, you dont get the odds to hit your 6 outer but you may have the best hand, his £5 may thin the field and he might have a draw (a bit ambitious!), BUT regardless of his small bet size i am folding the turn. My action on this hand is c-bet or just give it up, nothing fancy. river: if you bet for value, what are you expecting to get called by? for this reason checking is ok imo, but i am betting small here like £9 to get called by an 8. Edit: Just read the hand again, you can bet bigger on the river, didnt realise he opened utg, he prolly has the same hand lol
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    i knew the turn made no sense a split second after clicking bet i thought to myself that was a waste of £12. Then hit the river and got confused whether i was v betting or bluffing the best hand :/
  • edited November 2012
    probably polite to c bet, u 3 bet right

just fold turn a/p

as you bluffing turn, bet river card - uL - no way is this a check on river
    oppo flats turn with range that we can still get value from
    unless you think oppo is super nitty and folds 8x and overprs - but then again you obviously do because you raised turn )
    OMG dats a level!!

what are you repping by checking flop and raising turn :S
  • edited November 2012
    LOL pretty obv he had 8's here

if your going to c bet flop would be best IMO

After probably a check on the river as i cant think of much hands you will get called by that you beat, as played 99-QQ can discount so what do you beat??
  • edited November 2012
    LOL pretty obv he had 8's here if your going to c bet flop would be best IMO After probably a check on the river as i cant think of much hands you will get called by that you beat, as played 99-QQ can discount so what do you beat??
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN

why is everyone discounting these hands - 3bet, yeah ok call, check to raiser, ok bet turn, aggro monkey raises me, i CALL!!
    O SIGH A KING - naaaaa aggro monkey had a draw //LEVEL//- ICALL - sigh ///
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Yuk what have i done : why is everyone discounting these hands - 3bet, yeah ok call, check to raiser, ok bet turn, aggro monkey raises me, i CALL!! O SIGH A KING - naaaaa aggro monkey had a draw //LEVEL//- ICALL - sigh ///
    Posted by rancid
    There is nothing in this post that makes sense.

Did you read the OP Hand History right?

I just give up when its gone 4 way, I mean are random stationy players gonna ever fold a pair if you cbet flop? It seems unlikely.