You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Strange Question

edited November 2012 in Poker Chat
I have read elsewhere that Sky Poker dont own or run this forum.

My Question is, is that at all true?

and if it is then who does own and run it?

As I have always presumed by the title of the forum and the fact have not seen any contradicting info. saying anything different, when I was contibuting to this section of this site I was dealing solely with Sky Poker.

Comments

• edited November 2012
    They're talking absolute nonsense.
  • edited November 2012
    I think somebody may have seen the Pluck link down at the bottom right and put two and two together and made five.

• edited November 2012
    The Forum is Powered by Pluck - A Company who offer an integrated community platform, which Sky have to pay for - But Sky own & have full control over it - (Well whilst they continue to pay their subscription anyway) :)

So tell peeps to behave Donut!!! or else their pulling the plug. :):)
  • edited November 2012
    what, what so all those we thought sky poker banned, it was some one else, fix i tell you
  • edited November 2012
    pull the plug i say
  • edited November 2012
    LOL looks like I have walked into a private joke, and allowed my chain to be yanked! But thanks for your re-plys! Now I really do feel like a right Donut! :P
  • edited November 2012
    How long Before Some Hit-Fool Posts...

I Couldna give a Pluck!!!

Actually I would be interested to Know Who did run/police This Forum, if that is possible..

Is it Sky at Leeds, Or Sky Poker Team, Or contractors Or Mods??

Is there a formal seniority order, & who has final say on stuff, like content or discipline issues??

I am not being controversual, just interested, as others maybe too!!

Thank You In advance

The Hitman
  • edited November 2012
    Spot on hitman, 

Having read your post, I too would be quite intersted to see who actually does wield the axe :p

Same as, no controversy, just intrigue...

Thanksss,

Chrissy
  • edited November 2012

Donut take what some of the ex forum members post on a social network site with a pinch of salt. I've seen some right rubbish posted on there.

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Strange Question:
    Donut take what some of the ex forum members post on a social network site with a pinch of salt. I've seen some right rubbish posted on there.
    Posted by FlyingDagg

Not like you to be disrespectful Dale.

You forget that one man's rubbish is another man's treasure!!

• edited November 2012
    How long Before Some Hit-Fool Posts... I Couldna give a Pluck!!! Actuall y I would be interested to Know Who did run/police This Forum, if that is possible.. Is it Sky at Leeds, Or Sky Poker T eam, Or contractors Or Mods?? Is there a formal seniority order, & who has final say on stuff, like content or discipline issues?? I am not being controversual, just interested, as others maybe too!! Thank You In advance The Hitman
    Posted by HITMAN_RV

http://www.pluck.com/products/engines/moderation/
  • edited November 2012
    Actually I would be interested to Know Who did run/police This Forum, if that is possible.. Is it Sky at Leeds, Or Sky Poker Team, Or contractors Or Mods??
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    I am god.

... joking.

There are essentially several different bodies that help to run the forum. We have a group of forum moderators (some of which you know, some of which wish to remain anonymous) who help to flag things that need looking at. Thye do a grand job and have some admin power. They're able to delete/lock threads etc.

Then you've got the mighty Tikay who does a splendid job in liasing with you guys and flags issues to the suits  (who are based in Leeds, yes.)

Then there are the rest of the Poker Team, myself, Sky_Jordan, Sky_Lee and Sky_Dave who help run the community side of things, community tournaments, competitions etc. We all try and police it in a way that keeps the forum a fun place to visit. We also have the unfortuante job of revoking people's posting permissions. This doesn't really happen that often which I think is a testament to the community itself. 

That's pretty much it, I think. Decisions about what platform we use to support the forum come from much higher up. Do you think the forum caters for your needs? Are there any other poker (or  websites in general) which you've visited and thought: "this is a cool forum!" that you think we could learn something from? Go ahead and let us know!

Sam.
  • edited November 2012
    Thanks for the quick and helpful reply mate :-)
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Strange Question : Not like you to be disrespectful Dale. You forget that one man's rubbish is another man's treasure!!
    Posted by kaymac
    Didn't intend it Keith but the stuff that some people put on there ( and not just poker stuff)  and believe and then pass on is comical at times.
  • edited November 2012

Hi Donut,

Sam's Post says it pretty succinctly, but just to confirm, Sky Poker own & manage this Forum lock stock & barrel.

"Pluck" (see google) are a company that provide "integrated community platforms".

• edited November 2012
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    ........Many people with many views and many questions, not always being answered so it's only rubbish when these answers aren't forthcoming and/or answered truthfully.

Why bother to have a forum if we aren't allowed to speak.  
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Strange Question : I am god. ... joking. There are essentially several different bodies that help to run the forum. We have a group of forum moderators (some of which you know, some of which wish to remain anonymous) who help to flag things that need looking at. Thye do a grand job and have some admin power. They're able to delete/lock threads etc. Then you've got the mighty Tikay who does a splendid job in liasing with you guys and flags issues to the suits  (who are based in Leeds, yes.) Then there are the rest of the Poker Team, myself, Sky_Jordan, Sky_Lee and Sky_Dave who help run the community side of things, community tournaments, competitions etc. We all try and police it in a way that keeps the forum a fun place to visit. We also have the unfortuante job of revoking people's posting permissions. This doesn't really happen that often which I think is a testament to the community itself.  That's pretty much it, I think. Decisions about what platform we use to support the forum come from much higher up. Do you think the forum caters for your needs? Are there any other poker (or  websites in general) which you've visited and thought: "this is a cool forum!" that you think we could learn something from? Go ahead and let us know! Sam.
    Posted by Sky_Sam
    hi sky sam,you say a fun place to visit,i say no,it was once when sky rich was here,also candi, banana dog, and so many more, who were not disrespectful,so where are they now
  • edited November 2012
    Hi Paige,

Sky_Rich left the business some time ago, I'm afraid. I've only been here a short while myself so I can't account for the whereabouts of the other folk you mentioned. Sorry. People come and go I guess..

We try to make it as fun as we can for everyone, but as in all walks of life, there are folk who try and upset the ship and make it less of a fun place to visit, so we do try and deal with those appropriately. 

If you can think of anything we could do try and reinvigorate the forum then feel free to PM me and we'll see what we can do.

Sam.
  • edited November 2012
    TY Sky Sam!!

A prompt & honest Reply!!

May I pm You please on another Team thread issue later?

thanks again!!
  • edited November 2012
    May I pm You please on another Team thread issue later?
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    Sure ;^')
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Strange Question : hi sky sam,you say a fun place to visit,i say no,it was once when sky rich was here,also candi, banana dog, and so many more, who were not disrespectful,so where are they now
    Posted by paige55

Hey lady!!

Sky_Rich went to work at SkyBingo I think..

Candi left after some personal insults directed towards LML - she swore never to come back. Though she did once a few months later but not further as far as I remember...

Bananarama is just busy dealing with life and seldom plays these days..

xx

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Strange Question : Hey lady!! Sky_Rich went to work at SkyBingo I think.. Candi left after some personal insults directed towards LML - she swore never to come back. Though she did once a few months later but not further as far as I remember... Bananarama is just busy dealing with life and seldom plays these days.. xx
    Posted by TRIP5
    thank you lady, yes you lady,but iv,e never been to me xxx }}} xxx thank you for the info, TRIP5 XXX HOPE BANANA DOG IS OK XXX
  • edited November 2012

Here's a ? 4 u, how do u feel it is run
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Strange Question : Sure ;^')
    Posted by Sky_Sam
    TY Sam!!

I will just bounce something off ALL other Team Captains in confidence, then I will send a confidential message To You, Other forum admins & TK!!

From Me, just to You, I will not copy anywhere!! It is my opinion, just want to canvass 5/6 others first!

An issue, to be resolved I feel for good of Forum!!

The Hitman
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Strange Question : Hey lady!! Sky_Rich went to work at SkyBingo I think.. Candi left after some personal insults directed towards LML - she swore never to come back. Though she did once a few months later but not further as far as I remember... Bananarama is just busy dealing with life and seldom plays these days.. xx
    Posted by TRIP5
    Hi Irene & Paige, FYI Sky_Rich left completely and went to work for, I believe, LateBookings.com