You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tracking Software

edited November 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Is there any Tracking software compatible with Sky Poker?

Failing that, then from a developer's perspective is there any API connectivity available with the Hand history feed of the download client? (or the online version).

Comments

• edited November 2012
    nothing compatible specifically, you have to screen scrape anything you want and reformat it, output it in a generic format some db software will accept. and go from there.

short answer no

long answer not really without alot of work.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Tracking Software:
    nothing compatible specifically, you have to screen scrape anything you want and reformat it, output it in a generic format some db software will accept. and go from there. short answer no long answer not really without alot of work.
    Posted by beaneh
    Sky Poker seem to have some preference for preventing the use of Poker Tracker/HEM for some reason. They use a totally different hand history format to the majority of other sites and most post I've seen in the forums about it get short shrift from the regs. it's interesting. I play mostly on another site so that I can use tracking softwear, I enjoy it more (being able to look through all my hands and filter certain situations to find my leaks helps my play a lot) and I think I learn more.

What I have noticed on Sky though is far less of the more modern aggressive techniques, especially pre-flop. I'm sure that this is down to people not having a HUD with VPIP/PFR/3-bet/fold to 3-bet etc. Regs pretty much play their cards and there are loads more fish. Especially at the micros. At other sites it's not uncommon to see players 4-bet folding the button vs agressive players in the blinds. On Sky at the micros 4-bets usually mean AK/QQ+.

Personally, I can't multi-table effectivly without a HUD. I'm therefore at the mercy of the cards I'm dealt more often when I multi-table on here. For example, if I'm playing 8 tables at NL4 I don't know if I can c-bet a flop heads up in possition against a player. A quick glance at my HUD will tell me.

The way I approach Sky is just to single-table (or two if I'm feeling adventurous) at higher stakes than normal and treat it like live poker. Really pay attention to the players at the table and use the notes relentlessly.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Tracking Software : Sky Poker seem to have some preference for preventing the use of Poker Tracker/HEM for some reason. They use a totally different hand history format to the majority of other sites and most post I've seen in the forums about it get short shrift from the regs. it's interesting. I play mostly on another site so that I can use tracking softwear, I enjoy it more (being able to look through all my hands and filter certain situations to find my leaks helps my play a lot) and I think I learn more. What I have noticed on Sky though is far less of the more modern aggressive techniques, especially pre-flop. I'm sure that this is down to people not having a HUD with VPIP/PFR/3-bet/fold to 3-bet etc. Regs pretty much play their cards and there are loads more fish. Especially at the micros. At other sites it's not uncommon to see players 4-bet folding the button vs agressive players in the blinds. On Sky at the micros 4-bets usually mean AK/QQ+. Personally, I can't multi-table effectivly without a HUD. I'm therefore at the mercy of the cards I'm dealt more often when I multi-table on here. For example, if I'm playing 8 tables at NL4 I don't know if I can c-bet a flop heads up in possition against a player. A quick glance at my HUD will tell me. The way I approach Sky is just to single-table (or two if I'm feeling adventurous) at higher stakes than normal and treat it like live poker. Really pay attention to the players at the table and use the notes relentlessly.
    Posted by jugglegeek
    You answer your own question
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Tracking Software : Sky Poker seem to have some preference for preventing the use of Poker Tracker/HEM for some reason. They use a totally different hand history format to the majority of other sites and most post I've seen in the forums about it get short shrift from the regs. it's interesting. I play mostly on another site so that I can use tracking softwear, I enjoy it more (being able to look through all my hands and filter certain situations to find my leaks helps my play a lot) and I think I learn more. What I have noticed on Sky though is far less of the more modern aggressive techniques, especially pre-flop. I'm sure that this is down to people not having a HUD with VPIP/PFR/3-bet/fold to 3-bet etc. Regs pretty much play their cards and there are loads more fish. Especially at the micros. At other sites it's not uncommon to see players 4-bet folding the button vs agressive players in the blinds. On Sky at the micros 4-bets usually mean AK/QQ+. Personally, I can't multi-table effectivly without a HUD. I'm therefore at the mercy of the cards I'm dealt more often when I multi-table on here. For example, if I'm playing 8 tables at NL4 I don't know if I can c-bet a flop heads up in possition against a player. A quick glance at my HUD will tell me. The way I approach Sky is just to single-table (or two if I'm feeling adventurous) at higher stakes than normal and treat it like live poker. Really pay attention to the players at the table and use the notes relentlessly.
    Posted by jugglegeek
    the hud alone will not tell you how much, when to bet things such as texture of board, type of villain, your percieved range etc give you a better indication if you should c-bet or not.

the hud only comes effective 2k +hands (even more)and that then gives you an idea of what range you can 5-bet shove with, call 4-bets with, if you can 3-bet bluff profitably, it sorta can help along the streets aswell building a solid range to your villain...

But this is not essential, on sites such as stars (i do use HM2) as the player traffic is huge and stats can help in a big way. But the beauty with sky is theres no need for HUDs imo, the traffic is small its easy to keep a mental notes on player habbits although there are a few stats i would like to know.