You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bubble just burst in DTD2

edited November 2012 in The Poker Clinic
but its only for pennies .... Thoughts on this please

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancexxSmall blind 1000.001000.0025425.00xxxxBig blind 2000.003000.0044544.74 Your hole cardsAK   xxRaise 6000.009000.0097395.94whipitFold    smarrCall 6000.0015000.0054175.75EBBERDONFold    xxAll-in 25425.0040425.000.00goldenb238Fold    xxxxAll-in 97395.94137820.940.00

Comments

• edited November 2012
    3 bet to get it in or shove

doesn't matter the amount be it 1p or £1000 - play should be the same
  • edited November 2012
    Hi smarr

You have the perfect stack size to 3-bet raise as a resteal or get the call and shove the river for something near to a pot sized bet probably regardless of the flop. You will most probably be well ahead or flipping at best.

As it stands here i call the all-in as XX is just doing what you should have done instead of calling. Your stack size dictates this imo.

You may have touched lucky as XXX may not have tried to resteal if you had rer before him. If he had AI'd after your rer then you are pot committed anyway. Hope it worked out for you.

We need that bit of luck to win a T. You may need to hit A or K but you have good odds of doing that so its +Ev.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Bubble just burst in DTD2:
    3 bet to get it in or shove
    Agree 100%
    doesn't matter the amount be it 1p or £1000 - play should be the same
    Agree even more with this. Make the correct decision,regardless of outcome/cost

Posted by rancid
  • edited November 2012
    3b pre

as played I get it in
  • edited November 2012
    Dont like the 3x open min raise is fine.  Get it in.
  • edited November 2012
    i didnt 3x open ??
  • edited November 2012
    Ah sorry it was him 3xd it my mistake!  Prefer you to 3bet pre to get it in instead of just calling as opponant is only playing 27bbs.  Hes not deep enough here for us to just flat and hes going to cbet every flop and when we miss its very hard to continue.

Edit.  We are only playing 27 big blinds so 3 bet pre to get it in i hate flatting here with our stack size.
  • edited November 2012
    Induce a shove 3 bet to like 1589.98
  • edited November 2012
    3 bet pre here always, to around 1620

As played you have invested 6000, 2 all ins i can probably fold here. Although it would help my decision if you had any reads on either of the opponents, cos its easy to call here aswell.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Bubble just burst in DTD2:
    Hi smarr You have the perfect stack size to 3-bet raise as a resteal or get the call and shove the river for something near to a pot sized bet probably regardless of the flop. You will most probably be well ahead or flipping at best. As it stands here i call the all-in as XX is just doing what you should have done instead of calling. Your stack size dictates this imo. You may have touched lucky as XXX may not have tried to resteal if you had rer before him. If he had AI'd after your rer then you are pot committed anyway. Hope it worked out for you. We need that bit of luck to win a T. You may need to hit A or K but you have good odds of doing that so its +Ev.
    Posted by profman15
    WTF u on about bro?
  • edited November 2012
    Definitely 3-bet pre but if it goes shove then re shove I probs find the fold button. Not a massive fan of getting it in 3 way with 30bbs with ak vs 2 oppos. Even though they do both have aq :P