You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NL10 annoyed, but not for the obvious reason

edited November 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Interested to hear the thoughts of people that read this... what hand or hands do you put the villain on?  And with that in mind, is it a call/all-in or a fold at this stage?

I find it rare to get check-raised on flop and turn, which kind of got my limited spidey senses tingling a bit. But not sure I could veer away from call or all-in at that stage because well, I'm not very good lol

That said, the end to the hand, not a result of actions by the villain or me, kinda made me want to throw the laptop onto the floor - and I do blame Sky for that :)
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Painlad57 Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £5.15
fossil24 Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £10.07
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

shakinaces Raise   £0.40 £0.55 £9.56
d27 Fold        
-Typhoon- Fold        
Painlad57 Fold        
fossil24 Call   £0.30 £0.85 £9.77
Flop

• K

fossil24 Check        
shakinaces Bet   £0.60 £1.45 £8.96
fossil24 Raise   £1.20 £2.65 £8.57
shakinaces Call   £0.60 £3.25 £8.36
Turn

• Q

fossil24 Check        
shakinaces Bet   £2.00 £5.25 £6.36
fossil24 Raise   £4.00 £9.25 £4.57

Comments

• edited November 2012
    lol, get it in then move on, you can call turn and and just sigh chk river if villain checks, but vs unknown fish i think you migh lose value a lot, you will be kicking your self if he has some random k.

You can ovc fold, but i rather pay off fish with the stron hands than fold the best hand, thats prob bad, dunno.
  • edited November 2012
    whatever u do gain some reads init
  • edited November 2012
    Thanks for the replies... disappointed they don't tell me it was a 100% fold as I was facing the nuts though :)

That still confuses me as a play though, I don't recall ever facing a double check-raise. Perhaps he was watching the same TV poker I was the other night when Phil Laak kept trying this as a bluff (IIRC) and was trying it out for themselves.

Sky Broadband decided to lose connection as the re-raise came in on the turn so I didn't even get to see what the fella was playing... FWIW I genuinely don't think anything happens other than going broke if I was beaten at this stage (short of a miracle ace on the river) - I'm not a good enough player to fold aces unless I am very obviously beaten (to flushes, straights etc)