You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

100NL - Line check

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
v Small blind   £0.50 £0.50 £95.00
delboy10 Big blind   £1.00 £1.50 £106.61
  Your hole cards

cottlad Fold        
ajs4385 Fold        
LadyFingrs Raise   £3.00 £4.50 £100.08
guy1964 Fold        
v Raise   £10.00 £14.50 £85.00
delboy10 Fold        
LadyFingrs Call   £7.50 £22.00 £92.58
Flop

• J

v Check        
LadyFingrs Check        
Turn

v Bet   £18.00 £40.00 £67.00
LadyFingrs Call   £18.00 £58.00 £74.58
River

v Bet   £26.00 £84.00 £41.00
LadyFingrs Call   £26.00 £110.00 £48.58

Comments

• edited November 2009
    Reads - Opponent is capable and thinking, has the propensity to make very very light call-downs and spazzy bluffs. He has been causght bluffing once or twice already this session and may be slightly tilted. Flats raises pretty light, but first time i've seen him 3b pre (this session).

His perception of me - Probably a pretty standard TAG, made a somewhat light calldown with JJ on an A high board getting sick odds on every street, which he may or may not have checked the HH to see what I mucked.

Relevant history - Called him down in a hand where I 3x JcJx UTG, CO flats, he flats btn, blinds fold. Flop Ac7c5c, 3 checks, Turn 3c (or some other irrelevant club), me and CO check, he fires 5.55, I call, CO folds. River bricks. I check call £16 and he shows Qs5s.
  • edited November 2009
    The only hand he's really repping here is 55. He definately bets all his value hands on this board and his gutshot over combo's. He might take a pot control mine wih A10 and not want to get cr. From a balance perspective he cant really have a hand and we're gettin nearly 3/1 on a call. I call but im not thrilled about it.
  • edited November 2009
    What do we think about the % of his range thats of him pot controlling the flop /w AJ (dont think he 3b's KJ)?
  • edited November 2009
    I dont think its really a flop that we can pot control (if we're villain) with hands like AJ. Theres just too much value we're losing by checking and also tons of bad turns that we give for free. Maybe he was going for a c/r with a nut hand but then his river bet makes no sense. Pretty confusing all round tbh, would be interesting to see what he had. Also if you dont think he's 3 betting that light (kj etc) i not a fan of calling pf.
  • edited November 2009
    Yeah, I thought about this, but I don't think it can ever be terrible to defend 88 here, and, if it's close i'm leaning towards calling, just so we don't open ourselves up to light 3b and also just to generally be able to have more hands.

I PM'ed you what villain had.
  • edited November 2009
    i would fold pre. Seems like youre just gonna get into too many marginal spots like this where you have to call down. Unless theres an 8 on the flop i cant think of any good flops for your hand. I'd much rather fold hands like medium pp's and call sc's or broadway cards. 

would he not bet flop if he was gonna bluff. I dont know what he would expect you to fold after calling turn. Seems like he would be more likely to have QQ/AJ than a hand without showdown value
  • edited November 2009
    Before reading your post to say what he had I was thinking AK.

Only reason is his check on the flop makes me think he is either slowplaying a very strong hand or missed it and wants a free card himself. He is also representing a strong hand preflop as it was his first 3bet (AJ+), but he's definately betting AJ on that flop.

My turn/river opinion is a bit biased as I hadnt thought it through before seeing the result so I'll keep that to myself...

Good call tho, on that turn/river I'm calling here too unless he overbets it.