You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

multitabling advantage

i used to play no more than 3 tables at a time, but found myself drifting away surfing the net etc. so i played 6 tables at once, and my concentration levels were fully on the poker. I played much better poker, played alot tighter and lss fishy because i had to act quickly etc. in the end i made a nice profit overall.

do others think this, if you do 6 tables+ do u play alot tighter and seem to have more concentration on the game, i seemed to play alot less hands on each individual table aswell which resulted in bleeding less money playing speculative hands.

Comments

• edited July 2009
    i only 3 table so i CAN watch the tv :)
  • edited July 2009
    There was a long period of time where I was constantly 4-tabling. After a bad run (and a reload!) I decided to cut it down to 2, and I immediately saw an improvement in my results. I haven't found myself drifting off and surfing the internet because instead I spend the time when i'm not in a hand watching my opponents and figuring out their tendancies and I believe it is this that is the contributing factor.

I think multi-tabling also goes hand-in-hand with the edge you have over the majority of the players on that level. If you have a huge edge, multi-tabling is fine because you're restricted to playing ABC poker which should still be good enough to take in profits quickly as you're on several tables. If you don't have an edge, however, multi-tabling is super bad, because you become so exploitable to your opponents that you almost become a cash machine to them.
  • edited July 2009
    Whats multitabling?
  • edited July 2009
    Personally i do 3 at a time, same as above so i can watch a dvd or tv, stops tilt to an extent i find.
  • edited July 2009
    Playing more tables certainly can help you play tighter.

In Response to Re: multitabling advantage:
    Whats multitabling?
    Posted by bonniedog

BD, what the he ll  comp set up and browser do you use to stay so stable on so many tables with minimal timeouts (other than being a nit obv :p)?

I find IE works best but even so as with all browsers they seem to freeze up alot and the graphics slow down a he ll of a lot randomly. Ill often not know my hole cards and the graphics will still be on last hand when ooops i'm sat out and folded my hand already..... :(
  • edited July 2009

I play on my tv.

I only play what the Hot-o-meter tells me.

• edited July 2009
    Yes yes of course you do honey.

PM me lol I assume you have a V nice pc and connection just wondering what browser etc as it often times me out when I want to stack off lightly to you.
  • edited July 2009
    I can play no more than 5 on sky due to browser and speeds etc. Its not too bad as its all 6max and decision time is quick. On other sites between 12-16 tables full ring.

I find that if I`m not having to make a decision every couple of seconds, I get bored.

It is def an advantage for me esp on other sites as If I was playing 1 table, AJ off utg would be the nuts.
  • edited July 2009
    i do multi tab tourneys from time to time especially if they overlap... or are on different sites... may have up to 5 on the go... but sometimes i find this as a disadvantage...as ur trying to spot flaws in opponents... so i generally do 3 max now... which im comfortable with... but youngun makes a very good case in what he states as exploitable.. which i found i was for a spell a while back...