You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HOW HARD CAN IT BE

edited December 2012 in Poker Chat
to change the payout structure in tournaments. Evidently, not very as you guys did for some tournaments in ukops. If you want more regular mtt players like myself I'd suggest you change it.

Tonights £33 doublestack.

200 entrants.
30 paid
30th gets £45
11th gets £51
10th gets £60.

1st gets over 25% of the prizepool. this is crazy

Comments

• edited November 2012
    I dont think its the 1st getting 25% thats the problem its the fact that there was 200 runners and they payed 30.
    Surely it would be better to pay the top 20.
  • edited November 2012
    30th gets £45
    11th gets £51

----

This is ridonkulous.
  • edited November 2012
    well 1st should get something in between 15 and 20%, and the remaining money should be put into the lower half of the cash. 15% isn't too bad, but they need to distribute it fairer
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: HOW HARD CAN IT BE:
    30th gets £45 11th gets £51 ---- This is ridonkulous.
    Posted by diablo_pez
    Big +1
  • edited November 2012
    i dont know the % but the payouts in the UKOPS ME were brilliant. £220 BI and min cash was £630 so was meaningful.
  • edited November 2012
    + 1 to me willows the payout structure for the ukops was great 230 runners i believe in 1  and paid top 10 per cent if u cash u doble your buy in not win a lil bit
  • edited November 2012
    yep, well said sir. I know sky love following the poker life of 1998, but its like they are rubbing it in our face saying they do actually have a clue about these things but choose to punish us with they dreadful regimes instead.
  • edited November 2012
    I quite like the top-heavy payout structure. I also think it's a better system for the sake of the television channel, since the big prize to the winner makes better headlines. I don't think that's something Sky will want to change.

I think the min-cashes could be looked at, though. Perhaps, as has been suggested, a reduction of the number of positions that actually pay, in order to make the min-cash and the payout jumps a little more meaningful.
  • edited November 2012
    I think there needs to be a happy medium. Personally I think the UKOPS payout structure was a little too harsh. If your only paying top 21 or what ever it was out of 400+ runners you will soon see a lot of players leave MTTs and go to STT's.

I don't know the exact figures but say for example 1st prize in the open is £1800, 2nd is usually around £1200. I think you could skim £200 off 1st and £50 off 2nd and share that amongst the 11th  - 20th players. Maybe even add a bit more for 21st - 25th but eave the 26st to 30th as it is IMO.
  • edited November 2012
    Sky's MTT payout structures are fine imo, I agree they're pretty top heavy but that's standard. Tournaments should reward those with killer instinct who have the balls to play for the win, not more the nitty types who prefer to stall and fold in the late stages to ladder a few spots. Most online poker sites and decent live tournament are similar, eg on PS if you enter a tournament with 1000s of runners you'll still need to make final table for a decent bink.
  • edited November 2012
    Paying 20 when theres 199 runners and paying 30 when theres 200 runners is just so bad
  • edited November 2012
    Paying 20 when theres 199 runners and paying 30 when theres 200 runners is just so bad
    Posted by CrazyBen23
    True actually, I like the top-heavy aspect but there should be more steps to make the proportion paid more consistent.
  • edited November 2012
    tournaments are top heavy ofc, but sky is the only online site that will pay 25%+ to first when there's 200 runners! Cut that by 5%, cut 2nd by a couple of %, pay 10-12% of the field, and add the $$ left over to the cashes. It's so not worth playing a 200 runner tournament if you have to finish in the top 9 to make a decent profit
  • edited November 2012
    Posted by CrazyBen23
    +1
  • edited November 2012
    Raised this with Adam at DTD SPT, who told me it was a simple change and would be done, and for the UKOPS the payout did change, but hasn't been changed for the ME.  If they stick to ten percent get paid insted of nearly 20% when the number of runners tip just over 100/200 etc thn the places below the top six cd get a bit more.
  • edited December 2012

currently playing a 5.75 bh, 201 entered and 10th place currently recieves £5.03, im a nit so i wont take any bounties which also means i have to finish in the top 9 to make any profit :/