You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

bad hand play

edited November 2012 in Poker Chat
hi Tikay Antobe here.  you ask me to come on here for some advice about my play when i had K 4 and the other guy had KK lol so i have thanks for any help. 

Comments

• edited November 2012
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: bad hand play:
    Fold pre.
    Posted by AcidMan27
    You're far too tight AcidMan27, maybe he was BB and it wasn't raised pre. ;-)

I've pointed tikay in the direction of the post, hopefully he'll see it sometime soon and reply.
  • edited November 2012

Antobe!

This was a goodly while ago, maybe 1 or 2 months?

I've reviewed a lot of hands since then, & my memory is not what it was, but........

I SEEM to recall that you were limping every hand, & did so on this occasion with K-4 offsuit.

The chap with K-K then raised, & you called.

The flop came K-high.......he bet, you called, & this repeated on the Turn, & on the River he went all-in & you called.

Apologies if that was not exactly how it panned out, BUT......

My point was that you were limping in every hand with hands like K-4 off, in fact literally, any two cards.

You will almost ALWAYS lose your chips &/or money if you limp in with hands like that - there is never, under any normal circumstances, a reason to play a hand like K-4 offsuit.

Just "muck" - throw it away. Always.

Also - look for clues. When the other chap Raised, it was a signal that he (may...) have a big hand. These are the clues we get when we play poker, & we must take note of them.

It was almost certain before the hand played out that you would lose all your chips if the K flopped.  

So, wait for stronger hands - made pairs, suited connectors, two "paint" cards before entering any regular hand, & then do so by raising, & preferably in late position.

There ARE some very particular situations where a really bad hand - say K-4 offsuit - can be played, but even then, it can only be done from late position, & by being the raiser, not the caller.

I said "contact me" because I wanted to help - I don't like to see players losing their money in that manner, especially when it is shown on TV.

If you have any questions about the best way to pay poker, PLEASE JUST ASK, & either myself, or some of the very good players on this Commnunity, will always try to help you.

Does that help?