You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TKO - Leg TWO, Tuesday December 1st.

edited November 2009 in Sky Poker Tournaments

So, with Leg One safely out of the way, & Orford's Rabble reduced to allegations of  cheating, when in truth it was a doddle - a walk even - we prepare for Leg Two, next Tuesday, December 1st, at 7pm, on Sky Poker.com.

A few points you should be aware of.

1) It's not been decided whether to open a new, seperate "Board" dedicated to special Tournaments & Events such as TKO. So for now, it will remain in General Poker Chat, until Sky-Rich, who's rather busy today, makes a decision. Any queries or questions on that, please direct to him.

2) The Tournament is ALREADY up in the Lobby.

3) Everyone who is eligible has been Entered - you don't have to do anything. Just turn up at 7pm next Tuesday & play.

4) You CANNOT change sides now. Whatever Team you started in, that's it. Sky Poker have been inundated with Players wishing to desert Orford's motley crew & transfer to the winning "Team tikay". Sorry, no can do. I'm happy with my Team, we are WINNERS, & it's be wrong to accept the deserters from Orford's sinking ship now we have the series sewn up.

5) NO FURTHER ENTRIES will be accepted into TKO - if you are in, you are in for all five Legs, but it was agreed at Suit-City this morning that it'd be unfair on those who entered on time to allow late entries. A further version of TKO will almost certainly follow-on from TKO early in the New Year.

6) If you have ANY questions on anything TKO-Related, please Post them on THIS Thread. If Posted elsewhere, there's no guarantee they will get answered. All questions on this Thread will be answered. (Unless they are daft questions, such as "how come Team Orford got such a thrashing?" or "are walks allowed?").

7) There were some concerns at Suit-City as to what happns if (when) Team tikay go 3-0 up - will the remainng "dead" Legs be played. All Five Legs WILL be played, come what may.

8) Once the 5 Legs have been completed, plus the £1,000 Winning Team Freeroll (I'm looking forward to that), a new Series will be considered. It will be "Winner Stays On", so it will be Team tikay v whoever Sky Poker deem a worthy opponent. A fresh round of Voting will be done if & when TKO Mark II starts.

There you go, the countdown begins.

Question, what's a 5/2 shot? It's when its just 5 days to a 2nd victory for Team tikay. 5 to 2.

Comments

• edited November 2009
    Tikay you've gone to all this trouble and no-one has posted a reply.

Found this thread skulking about on page three looking very sorry for itself.

Opened it and found a goldmine of information.

I will post this just to get it back on page one.
  • edited November 2009
    No, your leader.

I follow the dark lord.
  • edited November 2009
    thanks achill for doing just that.

great read from our leader, keep the troops rallied and lets kickon for the victory!!!!!!
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: TKO - Leg TWO, Tuesday December 1st.:
    No, your leader. I follow the dark lord.
    Posted by achill
    look out for a shocking interview with tikay done by poker pensioner weekly published in 1946. gonna try reproduce snippets from said article. could cause mayhem in "team tikay"
  • edited November 2009
    Jaeger u got the date wrong it was published in 1846!!!! and is writen in "ye old english" lol
  • edited November 2009
    Somehow I cant see many Orfordians wanting to desert, its more than likely the Tikayers have realised that we are more of a challenge than we were given credit for, and have seen the error of there ways and wishes to join what will be the more successful team ;)

Aski :)

PS thanks for the infor tho Tikay, a lot of useful info there and not one mention of a train either
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to TKO - Leg TWO, Tuesday December 1st.:
    So, with Leg One safely out of the way, & Orford's Rabble reduced to allegations of  cheating, when in truth it was a doddle - a walk even - we prepare for Leg Two, next Tuesday, December 1st, at 7pm, on Sky Poker.com. A few points you should be aware of. 1) It's not been decided whether to open a new, seperate "Board" dedicated to special Tournaments & Events such as TKO. So for now, it will remain in General Poker Chat, until Sky-Rich, who's rather busy today, makes a decision. Any queries or questions on that, please direct to him. 2) The Tournament is ALREADY up in the Lobby. 3) Everyone who is eligible has been Entered - you don't have to do anything. Just turn up at 7pm next Tuesday & play. 4) You CANNOT change sides now. Whatever Team you started in, that's it. Sky Poker have been inundated with Players wishing to desert Orford's motley crew & transfer to the winning "Team tikay". Sorry, no can do. I'm happy with my Team, we are WINNERS, & it's be wrong to accept the deserters from Orford's sinking ship now we have the series sewn up. 5) NO FURTHER ENTRIES will be accepted into TKO - if you are in, you are in for all five Legs, but it was agreed at Suit-City this morning that it'd be unfair on those who entered on time to allow late entries. A further version of TKO will almost certainly follow-on from TKO early in the New Year. 6) If you have ANY questions on anything TKO-Related, please Post them on THIS Thread. If Posted elsewhere, there's no guarantee they will get answered. All questions on this Thread will be answered. (Unless they are daft questions, such as "how come Team Orford got such a thrashing?" or "are walks allowed?"). 7) There were some concerns at Suit-City as to what happns if (when) Team tikay go 3-0 up - will the remainng "dead" Legs be played. All Five Legs WILL be played, come what may. 8) Once the 5 Legs have been completed, plus the £1,000 Winning Team Freeroll (I'm looking forward to that), a new Series will be considered. It will be "Winner Stays On", so it will be Team tikay v whoever Sky Poker deem a worthy opponent. A fresh round of Voting will be done if & when TKO Mark II starts. There you go, the countdown begins. Question, what's a 5/2 shot? It's when its just 5 days to a 2nd victory for Team tikay. 5 to 2.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Your leader is really old
    our leader is really young
    your leader likes trains
    our leader hates trains
    your leader is scared
    our leader is brave
    but most importantly - our leader has loonies lol
  • edited November 2009
    Our leader may be old and like trains, but he is certainly not scared.
    He is doing a fine job with the team and we will be victorius.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: TKO - Leg TWO, Tuesday December 1st. : look out for a shocking interview with tikay done by poker pensioner weekly published in 1946. gonna try reproduce snippets from said article. could cause mayhem in "team tikay"
    Posted by JAEGERBOMB
    JaegerBomb, I've heard on the grapevine that this article could be Tikaygate!  I'm sure your article will be a well researched, balanced piece of investigatory journalism!  Pulitzer prize winning perhaps???
  • edited November 2009

Well done leader,

All we wanted to know with some side swipes at the opposition to liven the info up.

Nice rhyme loonytoons and looking forward to Jaefgers drivel , I mean article.

By the way TK is there a position for Team Chaplain in our team , if so I'd like to apply.

Might help to keep those devil worshippers in team Orford exorcised.

• edited November 2009
    hi all
    thanks for the info there tikay and very interesting too.
    so what are the odds on TEAM TIKAY taking all five games down and is there any betting odds on skybet for this tourny if not i think there should be?
    gl all for next week
  • edited November 2009
    Hi

TEAM TIKAY IS READY
  • edited November 2009

4 days to go. Confidence grows by the minute. I can see that Bannerr on the Home Page now.

Team tikay 2 - Tame Orford 0
  • edited November 2009
    Well done leader, All we wanted to know with some side swipes at the opposition to liven the info up. Nice rhyme loonytoons and looking forward to Jaefgers drivel , I mean article. By the way TK is there a position for Team Chaplain in our team , if so I'd like to apply.   Might help to keep those devil worshippers in team Orford exorcised.
    Posted by vaigret
    You are Duly Appointed.

Vaigret - Team Chaplain

Lisa - Official Team Heckler

Applications for other Posts considered, including Walk Monitor.
  • edited November 2009
    HI TIKAY
    i will be the walk monitor if u need me
  • edited November 2009
    When Team Tikay has the series sewn up 4-0, do we let Team Orford win one out of politeness or do we go for the grand slam?
  • edited November 2009

all hail king tikay

• edited November 2009
    HI TIKAY i will be the walk monitor if u need me
    Posted by silver8ack
    show them no mercy
  • edited November 2009
    Lets hope that this week Tikay doesn't have the sky suits under is thumb and doesn't have an entire table of sitting out players for the first half of the game. Then we'll see how good he really is, he might talk the talk but will he be able to walk the walk without the use of a zimmer?
  • edited November 2009

Enough Miss Dell!

I SAT-OUT when the other Players at my Table were all absent!

PS - Hope you feel better today. Would you like you swap Teams & join Team Tikay? Too bad, you can't.

x
  • edited November 2009
    Enough Miss Dell! I SAT-OUT when the other Players at my Table were all absent! PS - Hope you feel better today. Would you like you swap Teams & join Team Tikay? Too bad, you can't. x
    Posted by Tikay10
    Do I detect a hint of weekness Tikay? Asking players to swap teams........You must be a little worries that the Orfs have the strength and skill to rise from this defeat.

Leg 2 Here we come.
  • edited November 2009
    Enough Miss Dell! I SAT-OUT when the other Players at my Table were all absent! PS - Hope you feel better today. Would you like you swap Teams & join Team Tikay? Too bad, you can't. x
    Posted by Tikay10
    Swap?? How very dare you? I have a 'Team Orford' t-shirt and everything.

And I could never be unfaithful to a man who not only will lead the winning team to victory but who last night, in my sickness induced comalike existence, made his voice come out of the tv and say those immortal words "And now here is more Friends" before I slipped back into a vomit induced sleep. It was surreal.

Today - I am feeling quite a bit better and I can only assume it's all down to the healing powers of Orfords soothing voice eminating out of the tv. I will be watching the programme tonight in my jammies in the hope that by tomorrow I will be able to run a marathon after hearing him speak for a few hours. I couldn't run a marathon before but the powers of Orford know no bounds......

Gl Tikay - enjoy being a winner for what little time it will last. xx
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: TKO - Leg TWO, Tuesday December 1st. : Do I detect a hint of weekness Tikay? Asking players to swap teams........You must be a little worries that the Orfs have the strength and skill to rise from this defeat. Leg 2 Here we come.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    You misunderstand. I felt sorry for Miss Dell, she deserves better.

I can picture that Banner next Wednesday already.....2-0.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: TKO - Leg TWO, Tuesday December 1st. : You misunderstand. I felt sorry for Miss Dell, she deserves better. I can picture that Banner next Wednesday already.....2-0.
    Posted by Tikay10
    She already has better - Team Orford.

And as for the Banner - Only in your Dreams..........The Lord will Prevail....................Lord Orford.
  • edited November 2009
    better with team orford dont make me laugh tikay is king
  • edited November 2009
    Thanks TK Won't let you down On my knees now
    Posted by vaigret
    Not quite sure what type of team Tikay is running but apparently this is acceptable......?  Not sure if I'm delighted or disappointed that the Orford team is not running the same sort of initiation ceremonies....