You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

good / bad fold - flopped house 200bb deep 20nl

edited November 2012 in The Poker Clinic
that is all
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
rossjb14 Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £14.51
steve1602 Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £32.16
  Your hole cards

gibbzy Raise   £0.40 £0.70 £52.06
KKrippler Fold        
rancid Call   £0.40 £1.10 £43.88
ulstertom Fold        
rossjb14 Fold        
steve1602 Fold        
Flop

gibbzy Bet   £1.10 £2.20 £50.96
rancid Raise   £2.75 £4.95 £41.13
gibbzy Call   £1.65 £6.60 £49.31
Turn

• K

gibbzy Check        
rancid Bet   £3.60 £10.20 £37.53
gibbzy Raise   £7.20 £17.40 £42.11
rancid Call   £3.60 £21.00 £33.93
River

gibbzy All-in   £42.11 £63.11 £0.00
rancid Fold

Comments

• edited November 2012
    IDK... I mean, am I being dense or can he only really have KK here if you are beat?  A dodgy combo of K8, 82, 83 seems unlikely...

I think I have to figure that oppo is on AA, KK, KQ(dd?), AK(dd?) - beating 3/4 of those, I'm not sure I can fold unless I have info to say they always/almost always bomb the river with the nuts...

In truth, maybe I'm way off, but I think I'd call an AdKd hand without reads on oppo.

Either way, with my dodgy play I think I'd call almost all the time here*

* that may well be why I'm not yet even close to the step up to NL20!
  • edited November 2012
    reads? I prob call
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: good / bad fold - flopped house 200bb deep 20nl:
    reads? I prob call
    Posted by percival09

Do you think it's possible oppo is shoving 8x as played
  • edited November 2012
    You beat to much and your readless. Easy call.
  • edited November 2012
  • edited November 2012
    Is everyone saying easy call because it says I folded )

I lied, I never foled I actually called and oppo shows K8 - bombs for the win

I am surely ahead the majority the way this is played - right ?
    At least that's my thinking, what ya rekon !
  • edited November 2012
    Kind of looks like he wanted you to make the flush (was waiting for you to make the flush) to value ship.  But could just as easily be him bloating pot with the fd himself.  Looks kind of levelly, the turn click back would worry me but given the short thinking time on sky i'm much closer to a call than fold.

Really hard to see what hand he's repping @ turn..... would again bring me closer to calling.  Would be interested to see the result ranny.
  • edited November 2012
    Sorry just scanned up, ul
  • ommomm
    edited November 2012
    Ive not been playing poker long but thought this is a really interesting hand so id like to contribute my thoughts. I'd be looking at what he would be min raising with UTG (has this been his usual raise and how often?) we could easily put his range at Any pair 88 and above as well as AK, Q and J, depending on how he has been playing I would even add in suited connectors like 910d. For him to bet call the flop would tell me he must have hit it somehow, could be on a flush draw with Ad, surely it's more likely an over pair seeing as the board has paired. Although calling your raise on the flop might indicate he is not sure if u have an 8. The turn for me is massive as he is surely telling us he has at least AA, AKd or KK, what was your plan for the river by calling his raise? I presume u would be calling a smaller bet? But what cld he have to overbet the river, this has to be down to how u are both perceived at the table, wld he shove the river with 88 or KK for max value hoping you had the nut flush, he is obviously not afraid of the flush so he either has it or thinks u do. I think it is more likely to have KK here as his line is too strong hoping u have the nut flush. But how profitable is it for him to be pushing the river with such a strong hand? Without knowing the dynamics of the table I think u were right to protect your stack and lay it down, but I'm not sure in the long run if we could always be laying this down. Interested to hear what the table images were like? 
  • ommomm
    edited November 2012
    Interesting to see a min raise oop  with K8, what a perfect board to hit. But what is he saying he has got when he raises the turn?