You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

APAT Qualification standings

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
Really enjoyed the game tonight!!! feel the gloss has been taken off it all though with all the arguing that has surrounded it all though :( but well played everyone real crackin game!!!

Comments

• edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: APAT Qualification standings:
    IF there is another tourney it will only be open to the players who were both registered for last nights game ( I think 1 or 2 wernt) and were not registered tonight. I think that leaves 11 or 12 ... points will just go 1,2,3, etc same as tonight worked out to be. But nothing is confirmed on the other trny yet
    Posted by FlashFlush
    So if this happens, I'm losing out x2 because I registered for tonight thinking I might be able to play if I got back quick enough - as it turns out I didn't and I don't even get a point for being registered. Fair play, that was the risk I took, because this was the only opportunity to try and get points. Had I known that there was going to be another tourney, I wouldn't have registered knowing I was 20% at best to play!

Just scrap tonight's tourney and have a 4 week league, ignoring the monumental cock-up that has been this week. That's fair for everyone. We all agreed at the start that tourneys were going to be on Thursdays for the next 5 weeks. So we all cleared our calendars for Thursdays. As Mike has said in numerous threads, people weren't finding out about this tourney until after it started. There was no PM, no e-mail, no nothing. This is ridiculous and unfair on the pretty much half of our group who didn't know. How can we have a qualifying tournament where only half the bloody players get to play all 5 qualifiers????
  • edited November 2009
    Totally agree scrap the last tournament and just have it over 4 weeks instead of five. Nobody can have any complaints then.
  • edited November 2009
    Totally agree scrap the last tournament and just have it over 4 weeks instead of five. Nobody can have any complaints then.
    Posted by tallboy
    i can cus i got points last nite m8 so how can it be fare or can we keep the points that we have so far?
  • edited November 2009
    I also picked up points Delta but i cant think of any other way to resolve this, as i think its going to run and run with nobody being happy. To be honest after last night's farce im not sure i want to even try and qualify, the whole thing is turning into a joke.
  • edited November 2009
    Posted by tallboy
    The correct decision would have been to scrap the tournament BEFORE it started.

You can't scrap it after it has been played (sorry Tottenham your 9-1 win doesn't count because the Man C v Liv match was abandoned (example) )

My suggestion is play week 3 for DOUBLE points, that in my opinion is the only fair way or make FlashFlush captain and get him to pick 7 players.

After last night I doubt we have 27 to pick from now anyway as there are way too many egos on this site.

Just my opinion, wait for the bullets Dave
  • edited November 2009
    Best solution is to half the points earnt for last nights tourney

half the runners = half the points

simple solution

• edited November 2009
    Best solution is to half the points earnt for last nights tourney half the runners = half the points simple solution
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Thats not a bad idea at all Greg

+1 from me
  • edited November 2009
    Best solution is to half the points earnt for last nights tourney half the runners = half the points simple solution
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Best idea so far, nice one
  • edited November 2009
    Perhaps next year - if APAT let Sky back in!

* there could be an all in tournament. Everyone up for the APAT tournament has one chip and has to go all in every hand. Last 8 are in the team and then no one can complain.

* ONE tournament only

* Sky Rich chooses the team

* 8 tournaments - The winner of each gets a seat in the team and winners can't enter the remaining competitions (obv!)

APAT is about enjoying poker and not getting our knickers in a twist.

Lets all have fun and get back to enjoying the game we love. Otherwise Sky may not be welcome at APAT next time. :(
  • edited November 2009
    looks like its shapeing very nicely at the top gl all
  • edited November 2009
    Hardly thinks its fair to scrap last nights tourny, i played for three hours i would not of bothered i rearranged my evening hardly thinks its fair and i cant play the last one on the thursday.
  • edited November 2009
    if you look on the other thread under tournament section I have come up with a solution
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: APAT Qualification standings : So if this happens, I'm losing out x2 because I registered for tonight thinking I might be able to play if I got back quick enough - as it turns out I didn't and I don't even get a point for being registered. Fair play, that was the risk I took, because this was the only opportunity to try and get points. Had I known that there was going to be another tourney, I wouldn't have registered knowing I was 20% at best to play! Just scrap tonight's tourney and have a 4 week league, ignoring the monumental cock-up that has been this week. That's fair for everyone. We all agreed at the start that tourneys were going to be on Thursdays for the next 5 weeks. So we all cleared our calendars for Thursdays. As Mike has said in numerous threads, people weren't finding out about this tourney until after it started. There was no PM, no e-mail, no nothing. This is ridiculous and unfair on the pretty much half of our group who didn't know. How can we have a qualifying tournament where only half the bloody players get to play all 5 qualifiers????
    Posted by Kaidus

100% the same here