You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Full Respect

edited December 2012 in Poker Chat
Just a quick note to say thanks to Tommy D (twice) and Tallytink for not exploiting me last night when I lost connection. Said a lot about their character. 

Memo to Sky Broadband:- There is DEFO an issue with your service!! 

Comments

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Full Respect:
    Just a quick note to say thanks to Tommy D (twice) and Tallytink for not exploiting me last night when I lost connection. Said a lot about their character.  Memo to Sky Broadband:- There is DEFO an issue with your service!! 
    Posted by joesman1
    Yes was on the Final Table rail last night when you lost connection.

Well done Tommy & Tally - Very Sporting Behaviour - WD.
  • edited November 2012
    what did they do then? fold round?
  • edited November 2012
    Just a quick note to say thanks to Tommy D (twice) and Tallytink for not exploiting me last night when I lost connection. Said a lot about their character.  Memo to Sky Broadband:- There is DEFO an issue with your service!! 
    Posted by joesman1
    That is great sportsmanship, awesome to see.  Hope you got reconnected relatively quickly in order to play out the game.

I'm having the same issues with Sky's broadband over the last week, which is far more tilting than anything that happens on the tables!
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Full Respect:
    what did they do then? fold round?
    Posted by smarr
    Yes m8 and run the time bar down.
  • edited November 2012

Could you not have lost connection when I shoved with 55 and you called with 99!

Well played last night.

Tommy is such a nice guy, he even said he would get drinks in at SPT Luton for everyone on the final table including all the railers!

Matt

• edited November 2012
    Could you not have lost connection when I shoved with 55 and you called with 99! Well played last night. Tommy is such a nice guy, he even said he would get drinks in at SPT Luton for everyone on the final table including all the railers! Matt
    Posted by MattBates
    I'm suspicious of this statement.
  • edited November 2012
    Posted by joesman1
    Do you mean just on Sky poker or overall as i,ve had similar problems in the last week with internet explorer just not responding and i,m also with Sky broadband?

Paul
  • edited November 2012
    I'd have been min clicking til my finger broke :p

On the connection issue, I was with -can I say?- BT for along time.  They had a real knack for disconnecting me on MTT final tables.  Something about routine Maintenance in the early hours, plus I live out in the sticks.  Been with sky maybe 4months now and not a single disconnection.  No complaints.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Full Respect : Do you mean just on Sky poker or overall as i,ve had similar problems in the last week with internet explorer just not responding and i,m also with Sky broadband? Paul
    Posted by MP33
    Sky Broadband in general. Not specific to Sky Poker. 2/3 times a week it disconnects, normally for approx 5 mins. 
  • edited November 2012
    Could you not have lost connection when I shoved with 55 and you called with 99! Well played last night. Tommy is such a nice guy, he even said he would get drinks in at SPT Luton for everyone on the final table including all the railers! Matt
    Posted by MattBates
    Yeah really long and interesting final table. Bedroom door was locked and do not disturb sign put up!!
  • edited November 2012
    wow, thats very sporting behavior indeed. there both better men than il ever be cos i wouldnt have cared. dog eat dog in poker!!
  • edited November 2012
    HUGE respect for doing this. Not sure I could have done the same myself given variables to be honest. 
  • edited November 2012
    Yeah big respect indeed. Only way I'm ever doing this is if the disconnected player is a good mate AND I know the other player will do the same, cos obv no point in me being nice if the other guy is just taking advantage.

Not gonna get in them spots often and don't wanna time down so he comes back and stacks are terribly shallow and you ever up losing all play in the game.
  • edited November 2012
    Yes, a very 'nice' position to adopt. Very sporting but i wonder how they came to do this. Was the table just three of them then if they chat it through in the box could that be considered collusion/ NAH! It was a sporting gesture in a game which has little tbh as deception is the key.
    I doubt if it could happen if there were six seated as the position of the loss of connection would be disadvantageous to some more than others. Just a thought but well done...nice to see...
    The  other player wasn't Tony G, was it?
  • edited November 2012
    Yes, a very 'nice' position to adopt. Very sporting but i wonder how they came to do this. Was the table just three of them then if they chat it through in the box could that be considered collusion/ NAH! It was a sporting gesture in a game which has little tbh as deception is the key. I doubt if it could happen if there were six seated as the position of the loss of connection would be disadvantageous to some more than others. Just a thought but well done...nice to see... The  other player wasn't Tony G, was it?
    Posted by profman15
    I wasn't going to post here as it may look like I'm after some attention, but I feel the above point needs to be addressed.  In fact I was ready to post about it after the final table.  I know Proffy isn't accusing me or TallyTink of any impropriety but for the sake of clarity:

When we were three handed and Joesman lost connection I said:

'Gonna slowplay for 5 till Neil (Joesman) gets back'

TallyTink replied with:

'I'm not stealing'

At no point did we verbally agree to not play any hands, soft play, not play against each other or in any way collude.  No verbal agreement was brokered.  We both did timeout fold until Neil returned, but no agreement was made between us to do so.

Phew that's the legal stuff done.  Mucho respect for Tally.  As for why do it, my outlook is poker has been good to me, so no need to lose the element of gentlemanly conduct and class for a few more sheets.  I don't think any less of anyone who do hammer the steal button, but I think more of people who don't.
  • edited November 2012
    i think tommy and tallytink were colluding and should be banned................from all my tables. ;)

Hats off to you both
  • edited November 2012
    tbh i think they done it coz it didnt matter u was the value on the table only messing :p
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Full Respect : I wasn't going to post here as it may look like I'm after some attention, but I feel the above point needs to be addressed.  In fact I was ready to post about it after the final table.  I know Proffy isn't accusing me or TallyTink of any impropriety but for the sake of clarity: When we were three handed and Joesman lost connection I said: 'Gonna slowplay for 5 till Neil (Joesman) gets back' TallyTink replied with: 'I'm not stealing' At no point did we verbally agree to not play any hands, soft play, not play against each other or in any way collude.  No verbal agreement was brokered.  We both did timeout fold until Neil returned, but no agreement was made between us to do so. Phew that's the legal stuff done.  Mucho respect for Tally.  As for why do it, my outlook is poker has been good to me, so no need to lose the element of gentlemanly conduct and class for a few more sheets.  I don't think any less of anyone who do hammer the steal button, but I think more of people who don't.
    Posted by TommyD
    And as reward, our Heavenly Father (after what seemed an eternity) pronounced u the winner, was some duel, and a lotta fun.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Full Respect : I wasn't going to post here as it may look like I'm after some attention, but I feel the above point needs to be addressed.  In fact I was ready to post about it after the final table.  I know Proffy isn't accusing me or TallyTink of any impropriety but for the sake of clarity: When we were three handed and Joesman lost connection I said: 'Gonna slowplay for 5 till Neil (Joesman) gets back' TallyTink replied with: 'I'm not stealing' At no point did we verbally agree to not play any hands, soft play, not play against each other or in any way collude.  No verbal agreement was brokered.  We both did timeout fold until Neil returned, but no agreement was made between us to do so. Phew that's the legal stuff done.  Mucho respect for Tally.  As for why do it, my outlook is poker has been good to me, so no need to lose the element of gentlemanly conduct and class for a few more sheets.  I don't think any less of anyone who do hammer the steal button, but I think more of people who don't.
    Posted by TommyD

Hiya Tommy

I know you wouldn't collude to cheat and i commend you for what you and Tallytink did. Excellent stuff. All i was pointing out was that it's easier when there's just two of you and one disconnect. The chat box is fine to say 'hey,let's wait as long as wecan eh and give him a chance to connect again!' When i first started, i put this in the chatbox when i was playing a DYM. The suggestion didn't go down so well i'm afraid!!  That's all Tommy. I wouldn't  want you to think i don't have the utmost respect for your etiquette as well as game especially as a fellow maths teacher! Heard you're taking some time off teaching. Hope things go well and with the new home etc. All the best.
  • edited December 2012
    I'd have been min clicking til my finger broke :p On the connection issue, I was with -can I say?- BT for along time.  They had a real knack for disconnecting me on MTT final tables.  Something about routine Maintenance in the early hours, plus I live out in the sticks.  Been with sky maybe 4months now and not a single disconnection.  No complaints.
    Posted by AMYBR
    But you dont play on sky hmmmm
  • edited December 2012
    Posted by TommyD
    well played tommy and tally,,,, total respect.
    remember i was railing Tommy, so i will go to Luton for a free drink.
  • edited December 2012
    Posted by joesman1
    Neil

very well done for reaching a final table,  and that explains Tommy and Tallys actions, they were amazed at seeing such a rare sight, YOU on a final table.
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Full Respect : Hiya Tommy I know you wouldn't collude to cheat and i commend you for what you and Tallytink did. Excellent stuff. All i was pointing out was that it's easier when there's just two of you and one disconnect. The chat box is fine to say 'hey,let's wait as long as wecan eh and give him a chance to connect again!' When i first started, i put this in the chatbox when i was playing a DYM. The suggestion didn't go down so well i'm afraid!!  That's all Tommy. I wouldn't  want you to think i don't have the utmost respect for your etiquette as well as game especially as a fellow maths teacher! Heard you're taking some time off teaching. Hope things go well and with the new home etc. All the best.
    Posted by profman15
    Hey Proffy

That's why I made it clear in my reply I didn't think you were in any way accusing us of doing anything wrong.  I felt I just needed to set out the events.  Lots of people read this forum without ever posting and I was just trying to clear up some potential misunderstandings.

DYMs are different beasts to MTT FTs.  I was (and probably will return to be) a DYM grinder both here and elsewhere.  Discons are just an occupational hazard there and I have long since given up the ghost in slowplaying in those spots, four (or even six elsewhere) is just too big of a number for it to work.

Yup, home's good, stories and pics to be shown in the diary very soon.
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Full Respect : Hey Proffy That's why I made it clear in my reply I didn't think you were in any way accusing us of doing anything wrong.  I felt I just needed to set out the events.  Lots of people read this forum without ever posting and I was just trying to clear up some potential misunderstandings. DYMs are different beasts to MTT FTs.  I was (and probably will return to be) a DYM grinder both here and elsewhere.  Discons are just an occupational hazard there and I have long since given up the ghost in slowplaying in those spots, four (or even six elsewhere) is just too big of a number for it to work. Yup, home's good, stories and pics to be shown in the diary very soon.
    Posted by TommyD
    Hi tommy,

Iknow from readin afew of yr post yr a sound guy. Did u & the other guy clash when the dissconnect happened(i aint read any posts) sorry if im being ignorant but hey oh
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Full Respect : But you dont play on sky hmmmm
    Posted by seppe
    I do on occasion actually.  Think more here than anywhere last couple of months.
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Full Respect : Neil very well done for reaching a final table,  and that explains Tommy and Tallys actions, they were amazed at seeing such a rare sight, YOU on a final table.
    Posted by ctbn[/QUOTE

Colin

Well lightning struck a 2nd time the following night!! Dunna worry big man, I'm having a night off tonight.