You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!
Options

Pokerstars

edited December 2012 in Area 51
In Response to Pokerstars:
if you have played pokerstars how many of you thing its rigged?
Posted by loololollo
they make $100.000 a day so why in the world do they need to rigg there site. pokerstars have a sick amount of traffic so why would they risk upsetting there customers. to answer yuor question, no its not rigged.

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2012
    if you have played pokerstars how many of you think its rigged?
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    In Response to Pokerstars:
    if you have played pokerstars how many of you thing its rigged?
    Posted by loololollo
    Why pick on pokerstars - all sites are rigged.
    those that think otherwise are naive or employed by the site to counter your view. 
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Pokerstars:
    In Response to Pokerstars : they make $100.000 a day so why in the world do they need to rigg there site. pokerstars have a sick amount of traffic so why would they risk upsetting there customers. to answer yuor question, no its not rigged.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Is this an estimate or have you read it somehwere?

I've never even thought about it before.........
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Pokerstars certainly isnt rigged. I play most of my volume on there but i do think you get some serious outdraws on Sky Poker  than on any other site. You need to play a lot of volume for these things to work out accuratly and although i dont play much on ere, i think the being outdrawn shouldnt matter as the majority of players are fish/donk/bingo players
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    What I never get is this....

Let's assume Sky have rigged it for some reason that AA v KK only wins 60% of the time rather than about 80% (as an example). Then we're all in the same boat anyway, we'll lose AA v KK more than we should, but we'll win KK v AA more than we should too.

Unless you you Sky have randomly hand picked certain players to win which is just silly.

So basically, even if the odds were off slightly (Which I personally think is nonsense), we're all subject to the same odds, so ultimately  just like in any form of poker, you take away all the coolers, all the bad beats blah blah cos we'll all get the same amount over time and you're left with the winning players being the ones that make the best decisions.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Pokerstars : Is this an estimate or have you read it somehwere? I've never even thought about it before.........
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    i heard helmuth talking in an interview, he was talking about if online poker is rigged and so on, he went on to say these sites make up to $100k a day and so on, he didnt specifically say pokerstars but obv there the biggest site going so they wil make the most!!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    defo rigged

the hands on there just don't happen anywhere else
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Stars rake $4mil/day and spend $1mil/day on advertising.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Stars rake $4mil/day and spend $1mil/day on advertising.
    Posted by percival09
    Glad someone bothered to look it up!..........100k per half hour is more like it........and no it's not rigged!

• Options
    edited December 2012
    thanks alot for all your thoughts guys 
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I've run terribly there lately, including an ongoing 18 month downswing in MTTs, but I don't think it's rigged.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I've run terribly there lately, including an ongoing 18 month downswing in MTTs, but I don't think it's rigged.
    Posted by GaryQQQ

Yeah man in pokerstars i've had so many bad beats on the run that it makes you think about if the game is actually fair
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    n Response to Re: Pokerstars:
    What I never get is this.... Let's assume Sky have rigged it for some reason that AA v KK only wins 60% of the time rather than about 80% (as an example). Then we're all in the same boat anyway, we'll lose AA v KK more than we should, but we'll win KK v AA more than we should too. Unless you you Sky have randomly hand picked certain players to win which is just silly. So basically, even if the odds were off slightly (Which I personally think is nonsense), we're all subject to the same odds, so ultimately  just like in any form of poker, you take away all the coolers, all the bad beats blah blah cos we'll all get the same amount over time and you're left with the winning players being the ones that make the best decisions.
    Posted by Lambert180
    we should all know by now.....that AA or KK are not potentially winning hands.....they're traps...lol

• Options
    edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Pokerstars : Yeah man in pokerstars i've had so many bad beats on the run that it makes you think about if the game is actually fair
    Posted by loololollo
    its just sheer volume on pokerstars....and there's always callers with bad hands that fill...so many callers sometimes that all two card hands become of equal strength....I play on it a lot under another user name...and usually find that patience offers the best rewards....and I have had some more than decent wins and place...sometimes 3 or four times in a week.....but though I grumble and moan about the volume of bad beats on sky.....it's still and will remain my preferred site....pokerstars tournaments last far too long
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    i have has alot of upsetting bad beats on skypoker aswell as pokerstars, i feel that as soon as i withdraw cash everything goes down hill it's really wierd :/
  • Options
    zzrzzr
    edited December 2012
    pokwrstars is far easier to win money on imo, i like to play on sky as it is more of a challenge. take that as you will lol

• Options
    edited December 2012
    pokwrstars is far easier to win money on imo, i like to play on sky as it is more of a challenge. take that as you will lol  
    Posted by zzr
    i think its the opposite
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Posted by zzr
    Haven't played stars in a while, but lol