You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bankroll vs buy ins

edited December 2012 in The Poker Clinic
What is the rule of thumb regarding the number of buy ins you should have in your bankroll before you start to play cash or Sngs/MTTs at any given buy in level?

Comments

• edited December 2012
    Depends on your ability to reload if necessary and how much you wanna avoid going bust.

If you wanna be safe (you can never be 100% safe) from going bust I think you want...

50BIs for cash

50BIs for SnGs

70BIs for MTTs

On Sky at micro stakes, you can probably get away with 20BIs for cash, 30 BIs for SnGs and 40BIs for MTTs
  • edited December 2012
    Ah, cool cheers. seems to make sense. - I'm a bit below that, but I'm not really bothered if I go bust, It's play money at the stakes I play really.

That said, since my switch to cash last week I've increased the funds in my account by over 240% (which is nice!)

cheers for the info though.
  • edited December 2012
    20BI is a good start for cash as your roll grows it steadily increases. In my case now i won't play a stake without 30BIs but above 20 i think its whatever you feel comfortable with
  • edited December 2012
    yeh standard for mirco 25buyin but i used a lot less annd work for me just comfort really