You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Anyone else think Norman Chad spoils the WSOP coverage?

edited December 2012 in Poker Chat
Don't get me wrong i have nothing against the bloke, i am sure he is a nice man but i have been watching all of the coverage of the WSOP 2012 Main Event from start to finish and Lon McEAchern is very good but Norman Chad has to make a quick gag everytime he speaks and it gets really annoying after a while. Really spoils it imo and it is a shame as the coverage is top class and really enjoyable.

Comments

• edited December 2012
    HI sir,
    Mind so does Joe Stapleton when he's on with Mr Hartigan. It's the accepted thing now and is expected on these poker shows I don't mind it myself but i can see how it could grate. As long as there are personalities playing too then i'm happy.......Tony G included!
  • edited December 2012
    Absolutely not. I think he is great and it would not be the same without him.However maybe they could have 3 presenters like they did for the final table to add some more serious critic of the play.
  • edited December 2012

Agree with OP. It would help if he was funny but personally I find him hard work.

• edited December 2012
    i think norman chad is funny so no
  • edited December 2012
    one of the reasons i dont watch wsop coverage anymore
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Anyone else think Norman Chad spoils the WSOP coverage?:
    HI sir, Mind so does Joe Stapleton when he's on with Mr Hartigan. It's the accepted thing now and is expected on these poker shows I don't mind it myself but i can see how it could grate. As long as there are personalities playing too then i'm happy.......Tony G included!
    Posted by profman15
    really? I like stapes w/ haritgan.

agreed that most poker commentators are poor. I can't even think of the name of 1 that is shockingly awful and gets it wrong so often

I quite like david tuchman. he's obv passionate about the game and tries to explain each move
  • edited December 2012
    I mean they compliment each other dont they?  Chad and Mcearchern, Hartigan and stapleton.  Have to admit Hartigan/stapleton has me in stitches at least once an episode.

I get where your coming from, do remember Chad wearing abit thin last two years but he is a wsop "staple" so I forgive him.

Am a "tad" drunk, so cant remember name or click google.  But the gentleman they had doing the last series if HSP was just woeful.  Better the complimentary devils you know imo
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Anyone else think Norman Chad spoils the WSOP coverage?:
    In Response to Re: Anyone else think Norman Chad spoils the WSOP coverage? : really? I like stapes w/ haritgan. agreed that most poker commentators are poor. I can't even think of the name of 1 that is shockingly awful and gets it wrong so often I quite like david tuchman. he's obv passionate about the game and tries to explain each move
    Posted by percival09
    I'm gonna go with either Robert Williamson during the Million Dollar Cash Game, or the what seems like extremely awkward atmosphere bewteen Nick Wealthall and Liv Boeree in the UKIPT coverage
  • edited December 2012
    nah i like him if it the funny guy with the glasses just because poker is such a boring game u need the jokes to entertain the new watcher as the diehard poker fan will meanly watch anyway