You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

question 4 presenters

edited November 2009 in Sky Poker Live
dont watch much ch 865 due to no sky subscription but when I do, and see some truly awful play, the presenters say stuff like `hmmmm, interesting call` or `he doesnt believe he has got it`......etc.  Do you ever feel like saying what a f***ng donkey w.t.f does he think he is doing, wot a f******g fish, omg he is soooo bad.  I would find it hard to keep a straight face commentating on some of these hands.   You must laff inside, no?

Comments

• edited November 2009

The question, if I may be pedantic, is for the Analysts, not the Presenters. Big Difference! Presenters are Professional Presenters, paid well to do as dfifficult job. The Analysts, we are just poker players, & entirely amateur as to TV.

It is sometimes difficult to make constructive comments, yes. You may hear "hmm, creative Call, that" from time to time, yes.

But it's our job to help players who have basic flaws in their game, as most new players do, so mocking them is a definite no-no, as it achieves nothing - it does not help them to be mocked on TV, & it's hardly good for business.

We have to remember we were all newbies once.

Any Analyst that laughed at our players making basic errors would be fired in a shot, & quite right too.

I take your point, but it's just not how we think, or Analyse.