You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I'm fed up with this happening.

we all have bad beats i do with JJ all the time and AJ i never win with these hands someone always seems to call my all in with two off suit cards like 6 9 and win. why you would call with that i dont know but thats poker. good luck for in future

Comments

• edited November 2009
    The last couple of days I have felt exactly the same, it seems like every time I get a premium hand its beaten by someone calling with 3 7 off and hitting the miracle straight. 

Not complaining cause I have played long enough to know that these things happen, but its darn annoying when it seems to happen several days running.
  • edited November 2009
    More bad beats as there seems to be a lot of bad players on here, getting their money in bad, which is exactly what you want until they outdraw you.  Fire up another table and crack on.
  • edited November 2009
    At least it's not just me!
  • edited November 2009
    i remember this hand and it was very unlucky 
  • edited November 2009
    We all know it happens. It's sick when it does but that's poker. That's why we keep playing, we know that we do the same to others, take a big sigh of relief and laugh it off.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to I'm fed up with this happening.:
    I'm getting rather fed up with this happening. Seems every game I play something happens to stuff me. This was followed with a period of total junk hands until with 3 BB's I go in with JQs and meet the monster BB hand. Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance elsadog Small blind   400.00 400.00 12080.00 BloomDog Big blind   800.00 1200.00 8250.00   Your hole cards K K       XXX  Raise   1600.00 2800.00 3320.00 natedogg Fold         unbpower Fold         Poker-Gaz Fold         elsadog Raise   3600.00 6400.00 8480.00 BloomDog Fold         XXX  All-in   3320.00 9720.00 0.00 elsadog Call   920.00 10640.00 7560.00 elsadog Show K K       XXX  Show K 10       Flop     J 3 10       Turn     2       River     4       XXX  Win Flush to the King 10640.00   10640.00 I'm not knocking the guy for calling as he didn't have a lot of choice. I expected him to go all-in when I raised him. But this sort of thing happens every tournament I play on Sky. This was the first major showdown and being a 90% favourite wasn't enough but then just lately it never is.  What is amazing is that I wasn't a bit shocked, stunned or even surprised. If the truth's known I was expecting it every card that dropped.
    Posted by elsadog
    Hi Elsa, i had virtually the same thing happen to me last night in the main tourney yet the guy pulled a set calling with K10 to my KK and pulling the 10 on the river. When you see the flop you just know its coming!  all the best for the future.
  • edited November 2009
    Been happening a lot to me recently.

Have had trips beat by runner runner flush cards around 6 times in 24 hours!
  • edited November 2009
    Thanks for the comments all. This seems to be happening every game so I'm ''resting'' for a while. I will however be in the $million (won a nice 200 player sat) at another place tonight as I still seem to have the touch over there.

GL all and see you in a while.
  • edited November 2009

I know the feeling, but it cuts both ways, & unlike most, I remember when I am the one who gets outrageously lucky.

I was lucky enough - & I was lucky - to win Friday's £22 Deepie, netting £185 I think.

Two Tables out, I was low, as always, & I shoved with J-Q, only to be called by Anj1970, who had 6-6. 

The Board came 6 (ouch!) -7-8-9-T.......

It was, in truth, a standard flip, but it played out oddly.

I saw another player bemoaning his Tens got turned over by A-Q, too, when the Board came 5-5-5-5-x. "Sick Beat"? Not really - it was another standard flip, but it just fell peculiar.

So much of it is in the mind.
  • edited November 2009
    I agree it's luck, or a lack of it. I played 3 tourneys elsewhere tonight, one had 10k runners and I came 28th (note the time of posting lol) I also played a 180 seat s&g and came 3rd, and the other I just don't want to talk about :o)

It's just not happening for me on Sky, and it hasn't been for months ........ simple as that.
  • edited November 2009
    poor poor elsa its not a dogs life after all,

chin i mean tail up m8y,

it will turn your way again soon  .
  • edited November 2009
    MISS YOU DOGGIE , NOT THE SAME WHEN YOU ARE GONE . PLUS ... I GOT HU STALKING ME NOW ;)
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: I'm fed up with this happening.:
    MISS YOU DOGGIE , NOT THE SAME WHEN YOU ARE GONE . PLUS ... I GOT HU STALKING ME NOW ;)
    Posted by PILLOWMAN

Take care of Hu 'till I get back :o) Be nice to him Pillowman.

Played a small entry rebuy, in that other place, with 3000+ entrants and came in the small money about $38 up, and also played 2 x 180 player S&G's. Blobbed in one but got 2nd in the other, So I'm well up on the two days and it's doing my confidence a lot of good. Not playing the short handed bit too well though, I need the practice.

I'll be over here for the Poster's tomorrow and the TKO on Wed, but that's all at the moment.
  • edited December 2009
    NW DOGGIE , ME AND HU GET ON WELL . HE ALSO GOT ON WELL WITH SOMEONE ELSE ON MY TABLE . THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT EBAY AND BUYING MUPPETS , NO IDEA WHAT THAT WAS ALL ABOUT . TC , C U SOON.
  • edited December 2009
    NW DOGGIE , ME AND HU GET ON WELL . HE ALSO GOT ON WELL WITH SOMEONE ELSE ON MY TABLE . THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT EBAY AND BUYING MUPPETS , NO IDEA WHAT THAT WAS ALL ABOUT . TC , C U SOON.
    Posted by PILLOWMAN

You mis-read it wasn't buying muppets....it was being muppets:o)
  • edited December 2009
    DONT BE GONE TO LONG ELSA YOU KNOW WE ALWAYS MISS YA.GL dav
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: I'm fed up with this happening. : Take care of Hu 'till I get back :o) Be nice to him Pillowman. Played a small entry rebuy, in that other place, with 3000+ entrants and came in the small money about $38 up, and also played 2 x 180 player S&G's. Blobbed in one but got 2nd in the other, So I'm well up on the two days and it's doing my confidence a lot of good. Not playing the short handed bit too well though, I need the practice. I'll be over here for the Poster's tomorrow and the TKO on Wed, but that's all at the moment.
    Posted by elsadog
    It will be great to see you back but it will probably work best if you come back for the TKO "tomorrow" and the Poster's freeroll on Wednesday.
  • edited December 2009

Don't be a stranger here Elsa, even if you play elsewhere - your thoughtful Posts & humour are much missed.
  • edited December 2009
    I was playing in a DYM game last night and three times I gave a bad beat when I went in miles behind.
    I finally went out to a bad beat of my own, so the poker gods do act in strange ways.
  • edited December 2009
    I find the ups and downs stick to a site,

If I'm getting a load of bad beats on one site, I do ok on another, so I'll stick to the good one for a while then come back in.  Works for me.

I also find a low stake DYM a really good "training ground" as bad beats don't hurt so much............  also  by god some of the players who are playing for a £1 DYM, don't half fight for their extra quid lol.  Makes you concentrate 

But then as I've only been playing for a few months, what on earth do I know.

Disclaimer:   All of the above is absolute nonsense and the parents, family and friends of JockBMW disavow all knowledge or responsibility for his garbled rubbish.    

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: I'm fed up with this happening. : It will be great to see you back but it will probably work best if you come back for the TKO "tomorrow" and the Poster's freeroll on Wednesday.
    Posted by MereNovice
    No wonder it's going wrong I'm playing the wrong tournaments........ I need a social secretary.
  • edited December 2009
    Don't be a stranger here Elsa, even if you play elsewhere - your thoughtful Posts & humour are much missed.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I don't intend to disappear Tikay, I'm just better off playing ''away'' at the moment.

I very much regard this as my ''home'' site.
  • edited December 2009
    unlucky elsa dont let it get u down forget it move on
  • edited December 2009
    hi elsa i think the hand you highlighted was against me playing badly as usual please dont let it be me to make you leave sorry
  • edited December 2009
    hi elsa i think the hand you highlighted was against me playing badly as usual please dont let it be me to make you leave sorry
    Posted by simally
    HEY SIMALLY , GREAT POST !!!!  DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT , WE ALL MAKE BAD CALLS AND PLAY BADLY AT TIMES . DOGGIE WILL BE BACK SOON , GUARANTEED . WILL PROBABLY START MISSING DONKEY ( MERENOVICE ) AND MONKEY  ( huflungpu ) SOON ENOUGH AND COME RUNNING BACK HOME .