You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Disgusting behavior by teams on SKY

edited December 2012 in Poker Chat
Can somebody kindly help me because I have just experienced some disgusting behaviour by a team member on here. I was sat on a Omaha game and watched a player called XXX from (team dragons) joined the game... There was a player called Ken62 who was there before XXX sat down. Now it's safe to say and I'm sure XXX would admit this... he likes to play a lot of hands and calls any bet... XXX got trebled up from XXX and then proceeded to call him a proper donkey in the chat box... Now I can understand this behaviour if the player had sucked out on him or gave him bad beats but XXX took his cash... I then jumped into the chat and pointed out that a player who represents teams on here and being a sky regular should show some decorum for other sky customers especially when he is representing a team on here and it's not nice for sky customers to experience such classless behaviour from a regular to the site.... 

When i challenged XXX to this he told me to SHUT UP U MUG was his exact words and then proceeded to try and justify why he can call people that after taking their money... I said chill out or I will report him for his behaviour and he literally started to offer me a bet of a 100 poiunds that nothing would happen to him if I reported him for his chat mannerisms... And offensive attitude to new players and the site... I then said I would write this on the forum and he said go ahead I will get it removed and shot down anything you write there... So can anyone in this team tell me what I can do about this because this gentlement is acting like a GANGSTA and is discrediting his team name for number 1 and also taking for granted that he has been a SKY customer for so long and feels that gives him a licence to talk to people how he wants and no one can do anything to him cos he acts like he is untouchable...

I was not the person on the receiving end of the intital classless comments but I feel this is totally out of order because the player XXX was a gentlemen and didn't deserve some guy who just took his money abuse him. Sorry for the long post but I didn't know where else to post this because I came to the team talk section of the forum after watching the sky channel so I thought this would be the best place to post this.

Thanks, 

A concerned Newbie to the site 

Comments

• edited December 2012
    +1 to the fact there should be none of this at the table from anyone.

I'm pretty sure I've seen said player do this before, but you shouldn't really name and shame. Mods will come and remove the username shortly.

But yeah, win or lose, you shouldn't be dishing out abuse at the tables, probably 99%+ of online poker players play purely for fun and it's not very fun getting someone having a go at you.

Speak to customer care, tell them the username, table name and the rough time it happened. They'll look into the chat log and can chat ban him/her if necessary.

EDIT: Lol and he turns up to prove OP's point... sigh.
  • edited December 2012
    Its' classless... How can he be allowed to be apart of a team and do as he wants on here to playes who are here for fun... HIS CHAT SHOULD BE BANNED so he cannot do this and make others uncomfortable while they have their enjoyment and lets face it... they are turning over money for sky and are entitled to a bit of respect from someone who is rolling around like he owns the site...

Thanks for your post LAMBERT 

Enjoy your game

• edited December 2012
    Nice sincere post, lot of keyboard warriors on every site.  Hope you didnt take that £100 bet though....

Noticed he's carried it on here, so sad.  Probably picks fights at bus stops too....

• edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Disgusting behavior by teams on SKY:
    +1 to the fact there should be none of this at the table from anyone. I'm pretty sure I've seen said player do this before, but you shouldn't really name and shame. Mods will come and remove the username shortly. But yeah, win or lose, you shouldn't be dishing out abuse at the tables, probably 99%+ of online poker players play purely for fun and it's not very fun getting someone having a go at you. Speak to customer care, tell them the username, table name and the rough time it happened. They'll look into the chat log and can chat ban him/her if necessary. EDIT: Lol and he turns up to prove OP's point... sigh.
    Posted by Lambert180
    like throwing stones in a glass house
  • edited December 2012
    But why is he representing a sky team?? Why don't they ban his chat and maybe then he will start to show some manners to others... I wouldn't mind but he got TEAM DRAGONS as his location... Wonder if the team leader is comfortable knowing he has a player going around like he MR. SKY POKER himself. It's like he can say what he wants cos sky will not do anything and their chat service is down to report him so another person abused by him and sky cannot get to hear about this.... MARVELLOUS...

Thanks for the support everyone... 

Happy times ahead I hope :/ 
  • edited December 2012
    But why is he representing a sky team?? Why don't they ban his chat and maybe then he will start to show some manners to others... I wouldn't mind but he got TEAM DRAGONS as his location... Wonder if the team leader is comfortable knowing he has a player going around like he MR. SKY POKER himself. It's like he can say what he wants cos sky will not do anything and their chat service is down to report him so another person abused by him and sky cannot get to hear about this.... MARVELLOUS... Thanks for the support everyone...  Happy times ahead I hope :/ 
    Posted by LocoLady
    That's why I said speak to customer care. If you tell them the table, and the rough time you were playing, they will check the chat log and if they deem it to be offensive can chat ban him.
  • edited December 2012
    i dont like mocking people but playing chillie is like printing money.
    I might be called a bumhunter for mocking clowns like him but reload son
    anytime u like. Me vs You is like Tony G vs Ralph Perry lol
  • edited December 2012
    But Lambert he said they would NEVER ban him and wanted a 100 pound bet they wouldn't... So I guess he is some gangsta or a valued customer to the site and he feels he has a licence to do what he likes on here. Is it because he is apart of a team??....

I tried to report him to the customer care team but the chat box opens when i request to chat to someone but no one is there and the screen is just blank. :/ 

• edited December 2012

doubt they will ban him, why would u wanna take the chance of him leaving, he is super good 4 the site!
  • edited December 2012
    wel im sure ken is going to lose a load of sleep tonight because someone has called him a donkey in a chatbox.
    what an over reation, it happens all the time. stop making drama on forums over nothing!!!
  • edited December 2012
    doubt they will ban him, why would u wanna take the chance of him leaving, he is super good 4 the site!
    Posted by SHANXTA

is that because he spends a lot of money on here SHANXTA or is it cos he is a team member??
  • edited December 2012
    I'm closing this down and will go about editing/deleting posts which are bandying around accusations.

OP, if all you said was true then you are rightly aggrieved, the proper way to deal with this is to contact the site direct either through email or through Customer Care.  If I was you I'd email support will a full description of what happened, time, date, table and the people involved.  However the forum isn't the place to 'name and shame.'

Also may I say how he/she acted should not be taken as how either his team or all teams in general act.  The teams are a great feature of the site, hugely beneficial to many players and the vast majority of members across all teams act with class and dignity.
  • edited December 2012
    But Lambert he said they would NEVER ban him and wanted a 100 pound bet they wouldn't... So I guess he is some gangsta or a valued customer to the site and he feels he has a licence to do what he likes on here. Is it because he is apart of a team??.... I tried to report him to the customer care team but the chat box opens when i request to chat to someone but no one is there and the screen is just blank. :/ 
    Posted by LocoLady
    The teams are purely for fun, and just set up by people on the forum, it's not actually anything to do with Sky, and imo Sky probably couldn't care less if someone is in a team or not when it comes to someone being blatantly offensive.

Hope you don't mind but I posted a link to this thread on a FB group alot of Sky players use and within 20 mins, there's about 10 players who have already said they've had the same kinda abuse from him regularly. If you don't report him, then deffo nothing will happen to him.

Dunno if there's a problem with customer care at the moment though.
  • edited December 2012
    I'm closing this down and will go about editing/deleting posts which are bandying around accusations. OP, if all you said was true then you are rightly aggrieved, the proper way to deal with this is to contact the site direct either through email or through Customer Care.  If I was you I'd email support will a full description of what happened, time, date, table and the people involved.  However the forum isn't the place to 'name and shame.'
    Posted by TommyD
    +1
  • edited December 2012

Just to clarify, the 'teams' on here are just forum generated groups and have nothing to do with Sky Poker. Many team members have been banned so do not think there is an exception to the rule just because they are a part of a team.

You should report this to customer care though, not start a forum thread FWIW.

• edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Disgusting behavior by teams on SKY : The teams are purely for fun, and just set up by people on the forum, it's not actually anything to do with Sky, and imo Sky probably couldn't care less if someone is in a team or not when it comes to someone being blatantly offensive. Hope you don't mind but I posted a link to this thread on a FB group alot of Sky players use and within 20 mins, there's about 10 players who have already said they've had the same kinda abuse from him regularly. If you don't report him, then deffo nothing will happen to him. Dunno if there's a problem with customer care at the moment though.
    Posted by Lambert180
    You're a star Lambert.... And I guess awareness and word of mouth can be just as powerful as getting him banned... I just wished I could of got through cos it's clearly obvious this guy has no care of others and more importantly himself. 

Thanks once again
  • edited December 2012
    Interesting, this thread keeps coming open.  My spider sense went off when I started reading this, I hate it when I'm right.

If another Mod is doing this, leave it closed and either PM or email me now please.

Anyone else, the same.

The next time it opens it's getting deleted.