You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Anyone else suffering from table sort variance?

edited December 2012 in Poker Chat
For the eighth time in succesion in satellites?
I've built up my stack to get into a top five position.
Then as if by magic i'm lifted from my table and sat with four bigger chip stacks.
I check out the lobby and see a table with all the short stacks.
From a poker perspective its good to have most of the chips on one table because obviously if your luck holds you have a great chance of qualifying!
But to be honest I'd just like one time where I was up against shorter stacks. So I had the option to bully as opposed to fire fighting to stay in a tournament!
Anyone else have similar experiences?

Comments

• edited December 2012

I'd much rather be at a table with the big stacks if all the shorties are at the other table together, assuming we're approaching the bubble in the satellite.

If those bigger stacks have an understanding of the strategy involved, they'll be much easier to push around than short stacks. They'll also protect you in a manner the other table will not.

• edited December 2012
    try noticing when you get moved to short stacked tables, rather than just focusing on the times when there are bigger stacks.

your memory is biased to remembering things it doesn't like alot easier than things it does.
  • edited December 2012
    no i literally think that table selection is not random, i think it puts big with big and small with small
  • edited December 2012
    I think the sky is pink.

are we right because we think so?

As some dude called Socrates who had too much time on his hands once said-

"I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing"

or similarly he also said

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing".

fink abooooot it
  • edited December 2012
    lol beneh, becoming my fav poster. true though its like bad beats we remember when we get sucked out on more than when were going in behind and hitting, human nature.
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Anyone else suffering from table sort variance?:
    lol beneh, becoming my fav poster. true though its like bad beats we remember when we get sucked out on more than when were going in behind and hitting, human nature.
    Posted by engy

sigh who was 'literally' your favourite poster before?!
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Anyone else suffering from table sort variance? : sigh who was 'literally' your favourite poster before?!
    Posted by beaneh
    I think it "basically" has to be me... I would be "totes amaze" if not! :)
  • edited December 2012

I dont let what table im at bother me, in the end it doesnt matter wether im big or small stack  i normsally end up donking my chips away :)

• edited December 2012
    HI C

I'd be very surprised if therewas a particular system to changing. At least yu've noticed and can adapt your strategy accordingly. There will be plus points in either situation....you've just got to recognise them and act accordingly. Now if only i knew what THAT was?
  • edited December 2012
    I think the sky is pink. are we right because we think so? As some dude called Socrates who had too much time on his hands once said- "I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing" or similarly he also said "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing". fink abooooot it
    Posted by beaneh
    I've thought about this .... Yet i am still bamboozled.
    Sigh

Help !
  • edited December 2012
    Nevermind, Got it !
  • edited December 2012
    Recently wrote a list down everytime i got a badbeat on sky and visa versa.
    i have outdrawn some1 twice and was outdrawn 98 times over the same period

On Sc_um(sky) poker there are people winning because they are lucky and not through skill.
    Have wrote down the ID's and am looking to see if others are been dealt the same bad beats.

Feel free to message me
  • edited December 2012
    lots of things are improbable not impossible.

variance tho
  • edited December 2012
    lots of things are improbably not impossible. variance tho
    Posted by beaneh
    I didnt say that it was a bad thing to be put on a table with big stacks - so why would I remember that more than being put on a table with short stacks?

I just think it arranges it to have similar stack sizes? No 'rigged' or anything just as standard?!?! NO?

• edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Anyone else suffering from table sort variance? : I didnt say that it was a bad thing to be put on a table with big stacks - so why would I remember that more than being put on a table with short stacks? I just think it arranges it to have similar stack sizes? No 'rigged' or anything just as standard?!?! NO?
    Posted by sighcall

what is rigged if it isn't set up to have it a specific way?

tables are broken when people bust, sky dont choose that (though ofcourse they keep dealing these AA vs KK coolers that never happen live as its rogged but I digress), they don't choose where the free seats are or who goes to which seat.

It just so happens our minds find remembering stuff that negatively affect us more than those that are good for us pretty much because we expect the good stuff because we're good peoples and deserve it and got unlucky yesterday. 
  • edited December 2012
    Recently wrote a list down everytime i got a badbeat on sky and visa versa. i have outdrawn some1 twice and was outdrawn 98 times over the same period On Sc_um(sky) poker there are people winning because they are lucky and not through skill. Have wrote down the ID's and am looking to see if others are been dealt the same bad beats. Feel free to message me
    Posted by chopos180
    i guess they are sat there with the same list but theres says outdrew opponent 98 times, got outdrawn 2 times. so everything is equal
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Anyone else suffering from table sort variance? : what is rigged if it isn't set up to have it a specific way? tables are broken when people bust, sky dont choose that (though ofcourse they keep dealing these AA vs KK coolers that never happen live as its rogged but I digress), they don't choose where the free seats are or who goes to which seat. It just so happens our minds find remembering stuff that negatively affect us more than those that are good for us pretty much because we expect the good stuff because we're good peoples and deserve it and got unlucky yesterday. 
    Posted by beaneh
    Speak for yourself on that, beaneh. I for one am certainly not a good peoples.
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Anyone else suffering from table sort variance? : Speak for yourself on that, beaneh. I for one am certainly not a good peoples.
    Posted by BorinLoner

ove we're not, don't tell them all that though!
  • edited December 2012
    I am right and you are right. All we know is past and all we know is what others tell us or what we see. But what we see is in the past and memory is fallible. What we are told depends on others thoughts and memories who in turn depend on others before them. Prove that this Socrates person ever existed other than in somebody elses mind. So there is no truth.; there is no right ; there is no wrong. It is all imagination. Truth becomes myth;myth becomes truth . It's all a dream.
    In fact do any of us exist or are we figments of each others imaginations?  Sigh !!!

n Response to Re: Anyone else suffering from table sort variance?:
    I think the sky is pink. are we right because we think so? As some dude called Socrates who had too much time on his hands once said- "I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing" or similarly he also said "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing". fink abooooot it
    Posted by beaneh