You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Should I of called this?

Comments

• edited December 2012
    temp link added till photo approved
  • edited December 2012
    yeah nothing wrong with anything in this hand, best hand wins.

1 thing maybe raise a bit bigger pre
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Should I of called this?:
    yeah nothing wrong with anything in this hand, best hand wins. 1 thing maybe raise a bit bigger pre
    Posted by benc
    I didn't want them to fold away my queens though? Not sure what to do in those situations
  • edited December 2012
    Yeah super straight forward. I'd be 3x'ing pre though to 150, chances are if they'll call 100, they'll call 150 too and you just want max value.

On the flop I call, be pretty shocked if anyone played a set or 2pr like that on such a dry flop.
  • edited December 2012
    The pre-flop opening raise size is dependent on the size you've been making it with other hands. At this blind level I'm stealing quite often from late position, so my raise is very likely to be a min-raise. Obviously that means that I have to min-raise with my big hands too. Taking this one hand in isolation, the 3x raise seems better but if you've been raising the minimum before now, then you're almost obliged to min-raise here too...

I think the hand is played fine. I might like making a slightly larger c-bet on the flop because it's 3-handed and you're out of position to one of your opponents, but we're talking about a difference of fourty or fifty chips to 2/3 pot or so. Hardly a massive issue.

Don't worry about sucking out on people, it will happen to you just as often. When he shoves the flop it wouldn't be rational to put him on two-pair with this board and sets are unlikely to play so fast on dry boards like this. I think folding to this shove would be a mistake.
  • edited December 2012
    The pre-flop opening raise size is dependent on the size you've been making it with other hands. At this blind level I'm stealing quite often from late position, so my raise is very likely to be a min-raise. Obviously that means that I have to min-raise with my big hands too. Taking this one hand in isolation, the 3x raise seems better but if you've been raising the minimum before now, then you're almost obliged to min-raise here too... I think the hand is played fine. I might like making a slightly larger c-bet on the flop because it's 3-handed and you're out of position to one of your opponents, but we're talking about a difference of fourty or fifty chips to 2/3 pot or so. Hardly a massive issue. Don't worry about sucking out on people, it will happen to you just as often. When he shoves the flop it wouldn't be rational to put him on two-pair with this board and sets are unlikely to play so fast on dry boards like this. I think folding to this shove would be a mistake.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    you won a totp seat yet? ;-) 
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Should I of called this? : you won a totp seat yet? ;-) 
    Posted by percival09
    No. I don't really deserve one either. I hardly post in here at all these days.
  • edited December 2012
    Profman does though, right? IDCU posts tonnes in the shed, too.
  • edited December 2012
    IDCU for the shed is a bit comical, though he does post alot elsewhere. Profman puts in the effort too. I think it's fair enough.

As I said in the TOTP thread, it's pretty silly to have it segmented in the way it is. It doesn't add up to say that a random post in the shed or Area 51 has the same value as some of the better clinic and GPC posts.

But it's Sky's promotion and they can do what they like with it.
  • edited December 2012
    bigger pre, bigger on flop, get it AWWWWWLLLLLLLLLL INNNNNNN AND PrAy to the poker godz