You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Raised on river with flush. What next?

edited December 2012 in The Poker Clinic

I should bet again, shouldnt I? Or does anyone think it's a call?  If I bet, how much?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
ashers Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £2.79
Padzz77 Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £10.86
 Your hole cards
  • Q

hacking09 Fold     
paulsdiagn Call  £0.08 £0.20 £5.37
elmakem Fold     
ashers Call  £0.04 £0.24 £2.75
Padzz77 Check     
Flop

• A

ashers Check     
Padzz77 Bet  £0.16 £0.40 £10.70
paulsdiagn Call  £0.16 £0.56 £5.21
ashers Call  £0.16 £0.72 £2.59
Turn

ashers Check     
Padzz77 Bet  £0.16 £0.88 £10.54
paulsdiagn Raise  £0.32 £1.20 £4.89

Edit.  For some reason, I can't post the remainder of action.

I called on turn.  River was 7s.  I bet 32p (too small?) and he raised to 64p.

Comments

• edited December 2012
  • edited December 2012
    personally i would make it about 90p on the river (roughly 2 3rds of the pot) and if he raise's, i would shove. or if he shoved i would call. there's only one card that beats you. you should of raised pre-flop in my opinion tho. Always come in with a raise!! Otherwise you can get yourself into some serious trouble down future streets. you want to know roughly where you are in the hand. 
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Raised on river with flush. What next?:
    personally i would make it about 90p on the river (roughly 2 3rds of the pot) and if he raise's, i would shove. or if he shoved i would call. there's only one card that beats you. you should of raised pre-flop in my opinion tho. Always come in with a raise!! Otherwise you can get yourself into some serious trouble down future streets. you want to know roughly where you are in the hand. 
    Posted by ladd07
    Hero is in the big blind with a marginal hand no need to raise oop when we can see a flop for free.

Any reads on opponant in this hand? i am always raising again here opponant has shown poor bet sizing through the streets probably sitting on an ace or 2 pair i think your have to raise again/shove
  • edited December 2012
    why are you bluffing the flop

why are you badly bluffing the turn

why then after doing all this are you considering folding when you hit your hand

come on son think about it