You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

very poor customer service i am afraid

edited December 2012 in Poker Chat
a few months back i witnessed two players playing softly against eachother (softly as in not actually playing any hands eachother and checking down every street)

i reported this to customer care at the time and was told i would receive an email when sky had looked into this

no email

and worse still the same two players were doing exactly the same thing last night. This is not a dubious case and sky have still not reprimanded the players involved (or at least it appears that way)

were is the incentive to report collusion?

once again i will compare sky to starz (ok somebody will tell me it is a bad comparasion as starz are a massive site e.t.c e.t.c)

reported somebody i just suspected of collusion last week on there site , received an email within two days confirming collusion and two buy ins on affected games refunded. 

Comments

• edited December 2012
    In Response to very poor customer service i am afraid:
    a few months back i witnessed two players playing softly against eachother (softly as in not actually playing any hands eachother and checking down every street) i reported this to customer care at the time and was told i would receive an email when sky had looked into this no email and worse still the same two players were doing exactly the same thing last night. This is not a dubious case and sky have still not reprimanded the players involved (or at least it appears that way) were is the incentive to report collusion? once again i will compare sky to starz (ok somebody will tell me it is a bad comparasion as starz are a massive site e.t.c e.t.c) reported somebody i just suspected of collusion last week on there site , received an email within two days confirming collusion and two buy ins on affected games refunded. 
    Posted by bugaloo
    I had the opposite reaction from Sky:
    Reported - dealt with within a day.

See my thread:
    https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=poker_community_forums&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a2e4f51cb-c64c-449f-a843-8db9c5fe7283Forum%3a1c6aca1e-3fea-4914-8d99-3f30a0f01e50Discussion%3af6665749-8a34-497d-aa7a-68f07090dd9e
  • ckdckd
    edited December 2012

sky will close this in a min 

theres alot of it happening and then it carries on even after being reported to cc 

there is a fraud team that is meant to look at it but in my opinion nothing is done that i have seen as the same players still carry on doing it 

sky really needs to do somthing and show that it is being done as at the mo it just looks like a joke 

ok thank you we will look into it 
    same happens again 
    same happens again

so on so on 

• ckdckd
    edited December 2012

i do like sky and there cc is good on other matters dont get me wrong but when it comes to reporting someone its poor 

the only thing i can say is find a way to use what they do to your advantage and bust them both 
  • edited December 2012

Hi Bugs,

Such matters are VERY serious, as are any potential penalities or bans.

Before the business can make a decision on such matters, it is absolutely essential that the facts are properly established, & this involves a lot of delving through past records.

In addition, in many cases, collusion is VERY hard to prove, & I don't think (personally) that a player can safely be banned after a single reported incident UNLESS the evidence is absolutely watertight.

Rushing to judgement is all very well, as is "outing" players, but imagine someone took a dislike to YOU & then decided to make groundless accusations that you were colluding? The very least YOU would expect (& rightfully) is that the accusation is thoroughly tested & verified before action takes place.

A public Forum is not the place for such discussions, in my personal view. Cusatomer Care is the correct & only route.

Where collusion is proven, the appropriate penalties ARE imposed, but only after due process.

Rushing to judgement without carefully checking & proving all the evidence on such matters where people's reputation is at stake is never acceptable.  

• edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: very poor customer service i am afraid:
    [QUOTE]i do like sky and there cc is good on other matters dont get me wrong but when it comes to reporting someone its poor  the only thing i can say is find a way to use what they do to your advantage and bust them both 
    Posted by ckd

Hi ckd,

You have twice Posted along these lines today.

Please see my previous post.

Imagine, for a moment, that you upset another player, or bust him & he gets the losers curly lip.

So he thinks it would be clever to report you for collusion, without a shred of CREDIBLE evidence. ("credible" is the key word here).

Would you expect.....

1) Sky Poker to insta-ban you & seize the funds in your account?

2) Sky Poker to investigate it THOROUGHLY?

The answer will ALWAYS be 2). 

And the outcome will never be made known on this Community. Data Protection rules & all that.

It is very easy to criticise the business for this that & the other, but imagine if the accusations of collusions were made against you?

• ckdckd
    edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: very poor customer service i am afraid:
    In Response to Re: very poor customer service i am afraid : [QUOTE ]i do like sky and there cc is good on other matters dont get me wrong but when it comes to reporting someone its poor  the only thing i can say is find a way to use what they do to your advantage and bust them both  Posted by ckd
    Hi ckd, You have twice Posted along these lines today. Please see my previous post. Imagine, for a moment, that you upset another player, or bust him & he gets the losers curly lip. So he thinks it would be clever to report you for collusion, without a shred of CREDIBLE evidence. ("credible" is the key word here). Would you expect..... 1) Sky Poker to insta-ban you & seize the funds in your account? 2) Sky Poker to investigate it THOROUGHLY? The answer will ALWAYS be 2).  And the outcome will never be made known on this Community. Data Protection rules & all that. It is very easy to criticise the business for this that & the other, but imagine if the accusations of collusions were made against you?    
    Posted by Tikay10

yes i totally understand the fact of someone could report for any reason  but when the same people are reported over and over again and it is clear that they are dumping chips to each other you would think that something would be done and not see them on the same table doing the same thing again.i understand the fact of the data protection as well and know that info cannot be given.just gets a bit frustrating when your told to report and then see it happen over and over again with people.ends up looking like reporting does nothing.not really criticising sky for this and that as i have said that the cc are very good with other matters but in my opinion when reporting people it looks poor as you do see them over and over again doing the same. i do understand what you are saying thought and i do know how easy it would be for someone to report out of spite but when it comes to  multiple times would be nice to at least see it stopped.. i will say for anyone new here that is reading this and getting a bad idea about the site that these cases of cheating is very small and see it very little but it does happen as it does on all sites but please don't be put off.sky is a good site and 99% of players on here are great.

anyway thanks for the time to reply tikay and hope you have a great Christmas and new year mate 

gl at the tables all