You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Top of the Posts strategy

Hi guys,

Here's a novel one for you. I was nominated for a place in the top of the posts T. Four of the other five were very experienced with good records. Prize pool was £10 for sixth and stepping up to £50 for 1st. I think the blind levels may have been the same as a dym and the starting stack was 2000 chips. Well, it is a sitngo and i thought i'd play it like a DYM. I'd played just a few pots, been reraised off one and so i was about 14000 chips by the time i got JJ in sb.
He raises , i reraise, he ai's but by now i'm like 900 chips and call. He has QQ and i don't catch. Hey ho. C'est la vie. Maybe i should just have called and reassessed on flop...yes?
Mind you the flop was ten high so the chips were going in , weren't they?

Now the prize structure is different so surely the bubble play would be altered...your thoughts?

PS One of the players was AWAY and cashed better than moi.....maybe this was the strategyi should have taken eh? hA.

Comments

• edited December 2012
    Sounds pretty standard tbh i dont think im folding jj with 1400 chips left in what is essentially a freeroll. Never played a top of the posts tourny but imagine some of the play can be very loose.

Becuase of the pay out structure you need to lossen up abit from DYM game play as the bigger money is at the top not for top 3 if you get what i mean.
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Top of the Posts strategy:
    Sounds pretty standard tbh i dont think im folding jj with 1400 chips left in what is essentially a freeroll. Never played a top of the posts tourny but imagine some of the play can be very loose. Becuase of the pay out structure you need to lossen up abit from DYM game play as the bigger money is at the top not for top 3 if you get what i mean.
    Posted by jams88
    Wrong! lol

I railed one a couple of months ago and as profman says, they played it super-tight like a DYM. I could not believe what I was seeing; three-handed two of the players were folding out of their 3-6BB stacks and the chip leader with about 50BB was giving walks.

Anyway, profman would you mind posting the hand history? It sounds straightforward enough, though.

I'd also ask you to contribute to a thread in GPC about SNG liquidity. I've posted up a couple of suggestions but I'd appreciate constructive criticism from you. I hope you don't mind me referring to you as a recreational, relatively new player but it's that sort of player that I think the whole idea must appeal to if it's to succeed.
  • edited December 2012
    Sorry Borin....triedbut cut n' paste temperamental. I'll try again. Cant see that post by the way...title?
    ......FOUND IT!!!!