You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Not a brag but want opinions

edited December 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Hand History #593352545 (17:30 03/12/2012)PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancedavido105Small blind £0.10£0.10£44.29dubzsBig blind £0.20£0.30£19.80 Your hole cards66   kidwiz10Raise £0.60£0.90£19.40RickyyyyFold    igor1966Fold    cheesecapeFold    davido105Raise £2.10£3.00£42.19dubzsCall £2.00£5.00£17.80kidwiz10Call £1.60£6.60£17.80Flop  6K8   davido105Bet £4.95£11.55£37.24dubzsRaise £12.20£23.75£5.60kidwiz10All-in £17.80£41.55£0.00davido105Raise £20.10£61.65£17.14dubzsAll-in £5.60£67.25£0.00davido105Unmatched bet £7.25£60.00£24.39davido105ShowKA   dubzsShowKA   kidwiz10Show66   Turn  5   River  2   kidwiz10WinThree 6s£58.20 £58.2Leave the sarchism out!

Got 1 loosey and 1 tight reg!

When he raises over the top of loosey rings alarm bells as most regs would usually just slow play and let him bet his stack off.

Im never folding the set here but ino most tight regs aint betting like this with an alone king usually.

First thoughts wer 88 then i thought would he really bet like this?
And now i htink maybe the extra aggro from the REG wer to issolate me eg

Comments

• edited December 2012
    Well it is a brag really, dont get why you posted it?........
  • edited December 2012
    Calling the 3-bet may be a bit marginal. If the tight player were the player making the 3-bet pre-flop rather than the loose one, it would be a super-easy call as you can be more assured of getting paid off if you hit your set. With that said, I still think the call is right with two opponents in the hand and with position.

As for the flop, I'm not sure what you're asking. If you're asking whether you should fold because one of your opponents might have 88 or KK, then the answer is no.
  • edited December 2012
    Why am i gunna brag about hititng a set and getting paid thats just sad?

Im asking how many times will i be up against 88 here.

I didnt ask u to post but i also mentioned i wasnt bragging yet you do the very thing
  • edited December 2012
    Thx loner for a genuine post

I wasnt goin to fold i just didnt get why someone with such a tight image who deoesnt get outa line would do this.

Especially against a player who is spweing left right an center
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Not a brag but want opinions:
    Why am i gunna brag about hititng a set and getting paid thats just sad? Im asking how many times will i be up against 88 here. I didnt ask u to post but i also mentioned i wasnt bragging yet you do the very thing
    Posted by kidwiz10
    You'll be up against bigger sets far less frequently than you'll be up against other hands, such as the AK's here.

If you think your opponents are only going to stack off on the flop with a set or better (which is unfathomably tight) then you should not be calling the 3-bet pre-flop. In that scenario you would only ever have big reverse implied odds for that call. I doubt that there's any player in the world that needs better than bottom set to stack off (100BB) with in a 3-bet pot, though.

If you set mine and run into an overset, then you just have to take it on the chin.
  • edited December 2012
    PMSL.

This is a joke right? You are never evervevrvervevrvevrvevrvevrvrvevrvevrvevrvevrevevrvevr folding this flop after calling a 3-BET.

The call pre is very very marginal - I prefer a fold in the long run...:/
  • edited December 2012
    How come there are so many funny fu%*ers on the forum?.

I say in my 1st post i am never ever folding yet there are ppl who need to be told twice becuse there brainless?

I just didnt understand the regs play against 2 very loose players which questioned me to put him on a set?

Thankyou for inputs anyway
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Not a brag but want opinions:
    How come there are so many funny fu%*ers on the forum?. I say in my 1st post i am never ever folding yet there are ppl who need to be told twice becuse there brainless? I just didnt understand the regs play against 2 very loose players which questioned me to put him on a set? Thankyou for inputs anyway
    Posted by kidwiz10
    If you are never folding here then what is your question?
  • edited December 2012

Ha, any thread called 'not a brag' is probably gonna be a brag!

Calm down kidwiz, even if it is, who cares? ;)

--------------------------

Think your question is how often are you going to be behind here?

Well, sometimes. David could have top set. He never has middle set. Loads of AKs and AAs :)

Other guy could have middle set quite often imo, but can never have top set.

If hes a nit-reg I'd say his range is exclusively AK and 88. 

So sometimes. But u have an out ;) 

• edited December 2012

Do not think Dubzs is calling 8's to a 3bet in this spot and he would 4bet kk pre, even if he did misclick and call i,m pretty sure he would just call the flop with both those hands. (probably has AK 99% of the time here.)
  • edited December 2012
    obv getting it in. played fine