You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

LAG

edited December 2012 in Poker Chat
On sky I can play 4 tables before lag, on ☆ I can play 12 before lag and even then its not bad.

Is this my computer or the software? :/

Comments

• edited December 2012
    its the software, although you'll be told it's your computers fault if you ring CC.

turn wireless off ON YOUR COMPUTER

turn wireless off ON THE WIRELESS BOX

wait 1 minute

switch on

usually works
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to LAG:
    On sky I can play 4 tables before lag, on  ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ I can play 12 before lag and even then its not bad. Is this my computer or the software? :/
    Posted by sighcall
    Are you Playing using the Download or Explorer?

What is your PC Spec? Operating System/RAM/Security Software etc?

Who is your broadband Provider & what Speed do you have?

What Part of the Country do you live in?

Do you where BLUE Socks on Wednesdays? (Not really important but may help us for visual purposes)  :)

But seriously - let us know as much information as possible to enable us to offer some advice.
  • edited December 2012
    it's your computer.

I've never had lag on tut othersite, except for when they run some 40million runner tourny.
  • edited December 2012
    no its the software.

basically any other site will run 12+ fine, but sky will run like carp with 6+

this could be seen that yeh your computer hasn't got enough ram or whatever, but at the end of the day any computer will be able to run less sky tables  on it than any other poker sites' tables

therefore its the softwares fault imo
  • edited December 2012
    it has to be your pc. If ppl can play 12+ tables can only be your pc :P I can play 12 easy, I understand lag is so annoying when you have it lol
  • edited December 2012
    Yes i can play 12+ on the other site no problem just on sky its only 4 :( as for the spec its old windows Vista AMD Turion x2 64bit Toshiba Laptop. Internet Virgin media in Yorkshire.
  • edited December 2012
    prob both. you can get expensive computers that can manage 12 tables on sky, but it's also due to the poor software that doesn't allow standard laptops or w/e to multitable more