You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

pocket aces

edited December 2012 in The Poker Clinic
if its coming towards the end of a tournament and 3 people have gone all in before you, does it give you a right too fold them,this is all pre flop or is there never a situation where they should be folded pre flop, just wondered about percentages of winning the hand

Comments

• edited December 2012
    In a satilite near/on the bubble its a fold.

I would probably fold if i had satted into a bog tournment where laddering would mean alot to me but generally i think you have to call. Would also depend on chips stacks of opponant and yourself position in tourny average chips ect
  • edited December 2012

You're probably gonna be 30xbb effective at most in the late stages in a normal MTT, probably less.

It's v unlikely all players are covering you, so there will be side pots to play for.

If they are all covering you, you're way too short to fold anyway.

Never ever fold!  ;)

• edited December 2012
    Hi J

Yes there are conditions for folding even aces in special events like satellites and DYM's where taking out pponents and gaining chips is not your priority. In DYM's your stack size may be so large and the blinds so high that in two orbits one of the others on the bubble will have to go. There are apps to indicate these but more foruse  after the T as they take too long to input the info needed. They tend to be based on ICM theory.

As for T's then i suppose it comes down to how much you want to win. You can fold whatever you like as they are your chips. However when you talk about the end and say the bubble has burst then short stacks will be getting it in with a wide range dependant on their csi and the big stacks will be trying to pick them off with a hand that beats it. I know that you're thinking "yes but against 3 others i've got a chance of catching a bad beat!". Well thats poker but you also have the chance of a mega pot that pushes you into the top three prizes where the good money is.

You really mustn't fold but we've all had that hand when people print "sigh" in the chatbox......if you do get beat, you can putit in BBV where you'll get so much sympathy it's untrue!!
  • edited December 2012
    Thanks for the advice, by the way your talking i should not fold but when that bad beat comes i know who too come and look for lol. thank you xxx
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: pocket aces:
    Thanks for the advice, by the way your talking i should not fold but when that bad beat comes i know who too come and look for lol. thank you xxx
    Posted by xxMOONCATx

I'm in hiding already! Cheers m8....