You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

you won a seat in a satellite...so why do you enter again???

edited December 2012 in Poker Chat
i know i will be shot down in flames... but if you have won a seat into a tourny through a satellite is there a need to enter again just to win the entry cash...i entered 3 all in sats to win a spt luton seat & they were all won by a player who had already won a seat so they win the cash ...if sky poker are trying to fill the seats then they will not fill them..will they ??? if a  high roller was to dominate the viva las vegas sats. each month just too win the cash after they already won a package im sure someone would be whispering in there ear asking to give others a chance...JUST SAYING

Comments

• edited December 2012
    In Response to you won a seat in a satellite...so why do you enter again???:
    i know i will be shot down in flames... but if you have won a seat into a tourny through a satellite is there a need to enter again just to win the entry cash...i entered 3 all in sats to win a spt luton seat & they were all won by a player who had already won a seat so they win the cash ...if sky poker are trying to fill the seats then they will not fill them..will they ??? if a  high roller was to dominate the viva las vegas sats. each month just too win the cash after they already won a package im sure someone would be whispering in there ear asking to give others a chance...JUST SAYING
    Posted by sunnyhil03
    i brought in last week and ive tried a few of the £2.20 all ins,which i believe are great then i can get my £110 back,but i must admit theres a player who won a seat then played all the allins what i have seen and then posted that they couldnt make the spt and asked to sell it to another player?but is still in the allins every night since!
  • edited December 2012
    It's not against any rules, if players want to do they are doing nothing wrong.

If you have a complaint, it shouldn't be with the players, it should be with the Sky policy that allows this to happen, it would be pretty easy to stop it.
  • edited December 2012

I understand and appreciate where the OP is coming from, as I would normally rely on the sat route to qualify for these events, but you do need to look at it on the other side of the fence too.

I qualified  from the first micro sat as I thought all the seats would go well before the event TBH and needed to get in quick.

However, there are a few seats remaining due to the fact that the event is just before the chrimbo period (possibly), so Sky have put these all in sats on to help fill the event. Now, I am yet to see one of these sats fill so where are all these 'desperate' to get a seat players? If it wasn't for players like myself, who already have a seat playing, I guess they would not be put on or cancelled due to lack of runners.

I hope you manage to get a seat anyway. I agree it is something that perhaps Sky can look at in the future.

• edited December 2012
    This was discussed in some detail here

I have to admit that I have little sympathy with people losing in these all-in satellites. The odds are better than roulette whenever they don't hit their guarantee, but essentially there is just as little skill involved. You're losing a gamble, that's going to happen.
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: you won a seat in a satellite...so why do you enter again???:
    I understand and appreciate where the OP is coming from, as I would normally rely on the sat route to qualify for these events, but you do need to look at it on the other side of the fence too. I qualified  from the first micro sat as I thought all the seats would go well before the event TBH and needed to get in quick. However, there are a few seats remaining due to the fact that the event is just before the chrimbo period (possibly), so Sky have put these all in sats on to help fill the event. Now, I am yet to see one of these sats fill so where are all these 'desperate' to get a seat players? If it wasn't for players like myself, who already have a seat playing, I guess they would not be put on or cancelled due to lack of runners. I hope you manage to get a seat anyway. I agree it is something that perhaps Sky can look at in the future.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    What disappoints me is there are three all in satellites. why not have one satellite giving a seat for every  55 entered and pay cash to winners who do not have the full 55
    It's sad that even Mods who have contributed to threads on the subject and already have places in the tournament are still taking part.
    Depriving regulars from entry
  • edited December 2012
    ITS SEEMS ITS ALL ABOUT ROI ...
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: you won a seat in a satellite...so why do you enter again???:
    ITS SEEMS ITS ALL ABOUT ROI ...
    Posted by sunnyhil03
    well that is a pretty big part of gambling
  • edited December 2012
    Lambert won £110 last night from one of these and he raised the same point as the OP a while back...

hmmmmm
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: you won a seat in a satellite...so why do you enter again??? : well that is a pretty big part of gambling
    Posted by percival09
    +1

1in30ish (most times) chance to win 50 times your stake.
  • edited December 2012
    sounds a bit FU jack im ok!!! to me
  • edited December 2012
    Please read my diary greg, or FB, I've had to defend myself a bunch of times on this. I never said I disagreed with it just wanted to open the debate/see what Ryan and others thought.

It really isn't like that Sunny, it happens to all of us sometimes, and anyone playing these all-in sats (who hasn't got their seat yet) is still getting a great deal on their money. I've bubbled 3 satellites for the same SPT once (proper sats) and I didn't even look if the people that beat me already had seats or not, it doesn't make a difference really, if ya don't get ya seat, who cares who did. Good luck with getting your seat though.
  • edited December 2012
    easy to win the cash instead :) 
  • edited December 2012
    THE ONLY WAY I KNOW THE WINNERS ALREADY HAD SEATS IS BECAUSE IT STATED IN THE LOBBY THE WINNER HAD ALREADY WON  A SEAT & WOULD GET CASH EQUIVILANT WHEN I WAS CHECKING RESULTS....I DONT EXPECT TO WIN A SEAT IN AN ALL IN TOURNY BUT YOU WOULD HAVE MORE CHANCE IF PEOPLE WITH SEATS WERE NOT INIT...
    ARE SKY GIVING MONEY AWAY BY RUNNING SATS THAT DONT FILL OR ARE THEY TRYING TO FILL THE TOURNY THE LATTER WOULD BE MY GUESS....

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THOSE GOING TO LUTON & MERRY XMAS
  • edited December 2012
    I dont see anything wrong with it. I often play Sats for the cash value as I'm a fairly low bankroll player. I know there is an argument to say if I play the event I qualify for then I could get that big score but I dont look at it that way.
  • edited December 2012
    Dont enter these but can see where sunnyhill coming from.

Surely there are enough games on here to win/lose money rather than stopping people who are trying to win a satellite to get to a bigger tournie from winning when you are already through.

Looks like selfish bullying to me.

Sky should stop it by changing rules so all you do is win a seat and no money.
  • edited December 2012
    Selfish bullying? This is poker we're talking about. It's nature is selfish: We try to win money from one another.

The all-in sats are different but as said in the other thread about regular satellites; when these players looking for the cash are involved, it increases the liquidity of the satellites. That makes it easier for us to qualify if we're better players than the majority of the field. If they're better players than us, then obviously that makes it harder.

Effectively, in the regular sats, people only complain when they're not better than those other players. The only thing depriving you of a seat in those tournaments is your own inability to win.

I went over this many times in the thread I linked to above, so I don't feel a need to repeat too much of that.
  • edited December 2012
    THERS NO SKILL TO AN ALL IN SAT. JUST A CHANCE TO WIN A SEAT TO ANOTHER TOURNY...ALL IM SAYING IS GIVE PLAYERS WHO DONT HAVE A SEAT A CHANCE TO WIN 1
  • edited December 2012
    forum good guy lambert soons loses his morals when he sees some money to be made

• edited December 2012
    Dont enter these but can see where sunnyhill coming from. Surely there are enough games on here to win/lose money rather than stopping people who are trying to win a satellite to get to a bigger tournie from winning when you are already through. Looks like selfish bullying to me. Sky should stop it by changing rules so all you do is win a seat and no money.
    Posted by vaigret
    Father V, you're an odds man, I'll try explain why the the people who are complaining shouldn't be (imo), but I can understand why they are.

Not even looked at the sats themselves, but made up example.

£110 seat on offer, exclude rake, to make it easier, £100 seat on offer, £2 entry.

25 entrants, desperate to get the Luton seat = £50

10 entrants, already have Luton seats, but want to win £100. = £20

5 entrants who dont have luton seats, dont want to play luton, but want to take a fixed odds shot @ £100 payout = £10.

Overall, sky are giving away £100 for £80 before rake.

The people trying to win the ticket to the SPT, are getting great value for their money (the odds of them winning £100 for £2 should be 50/1, but they're getting 40/1).

Take away the people "making the numbers up" and these games simply would not run.

Thus, denying the people that want to play, a +ev opportunity to make the tournament, they would probably have to go through the traditional 1 in 5 method.

I'm sure it's frustrating, but what would you prefer? At the end of the day, the people entering these sats, whatever their motive, are winning. 

• edited December 2012
    forum good guy lambert soons loses his morals when he sees some money to be made
    Posted by u_sud_fold
    Lol, I don't think it's about morals to be honest. And yes I saw a chance to make some money at poker and took it. Not too fussed what people say cos I know some people just love a dig at me, but I know loads more people that are in pretty much everyone of them and already have their seat, should I be moaned at cos I was lucky enough to win one?
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: you won a seat in a satellite...so why do you enter again??? : Lol, I don't think it's about morals to be honest. And yes I saw a chance to make some money at poker and took it. Not too fussed what people say cos I know some people just love a dig at me, but I know loads more people that are in pretty much everyone of them and already have their seat, should I be moaned at cos I was lucky enough to win one?
    Posted by Lambert180
    plenty of drinking money for the weekend now lambert (-:
  • edited December 2012

FWIW, tonight's 10.30pm sat. Only got 43 runners out of 55.

28 were looking for a seat. 15 already had a seat.

So those without seats nearly had a twice as better chance of winning then those who had one. The seat went to one of the 15.

Do think Sky would run these sats with only 28 runners??? W/O the other 15, you chances of binking a seat might not even be there.

IF SKY changes the rules, fine. As it is, I can not see a problem with it. You have just got to run better in them.
  • edited December 2012
    lambert you binked another one lol
  • edited December 2012
    Lol what can I say?

For anyone who reads my diary and saw a few weeks ago how I lost 20 BIs @ 8NL in the space of a matter of days by just cooler after cooler can't feel too much anger towards me :)
  • edited December 2012
    First: 14/3/2010
    Last: 5/12/2012
    In Response to Re: SATS GRRRRR..........

Yeah I definitely see the difference, and I know there are a few players who play satellites with the full intention of just pocketing the buy-in money when they cash which I can see how some people might have a problem with that. For instance, if it was an SPT Semi, I'd be a bit gutted if I lost out to a guy that was just playing for the £110, although I'd be gutted if I bubbled to anyone lol... 

Although on the other side of the coin, that person who bought in might have made it from 14 players to 15 players and might be the reason I get a seat for coming 3rd rather than some money... swings and roundabouts.

But I think/hope that most people who do register in advance are intending to play the event and so in them cases it wuoldnt make any difference.

nice cash m8 contradicting yaself abit on this post lol u are in spt luton an still playing sats 
  • edited December 2012
    Yet another moan about very little IMO.......most sites have the option to cash out once you have won a sat....and there are a lot of pros who make a living from it......
  • edited December 2012

Quite a few Posts have missed the point completely, but several got it exactly right, including MAXALLY, Borin, Dohhhhh & others. These Satellites WOULD and COULD not run if they were limited to those without a seat. A painful but true fact of life.

Dohhhhh nailed it here....

"....Take away the people "making the numbers up" and these games simply would not run.

Thus, denying the people that want to play, a +ev opportunity to make....."

Whether we all agree with that, like or dislike it, THAT is the situation.

I do feel bad for those of you who tried & failed to win a seat, but I'm afraid that is the very nature of poker. The whole idea of those All-In Sats was to make them affordable to everyone. In doing so, however, it was necessary to allow everyone to play.

Quite a conundrum really!
  • edited December 2012
    Quite a few Posts have missed the point completely, but several got it exactly right, including MAXALLY, Borin, Dohhhhh & others. These Satellites WOULD and COULD not run if they were limited to those without a seat. A painful but true fact of life.   Dohhhhh nailed it here....   "....Take away the people "making the numbers up" and these games simply would not run. Thus, denying the people that want to play, a +ev opportunity to make....." Whether we all agree with that, like or dislike it, THAT is the situation.   I do feel bad for those of you who tried & failed to win a seat, but I'm afraid that is the very nature of poker. The whole idea of those All-In Sats was to make them affordable to everyone. In doing so, however, it was necessary to allow everyone to play. Quite a conundrum really!
    Posted by Tikay10

Sorry maybe I am missing something, I thought you couldn't have the cash money if you won a seat again when playing SAT's.
    Did all this change and no one told me !! )

Or maybe I am confusing myself, tis early and no one has brought me a bacon roll yet !!

• edited December 2012

Just for Rancid.

I don't care what anyone says, you'll struggle to get Customer Care like this anywhere else.

Sky Poker.com - fun poker & bacon rolls.  

• edited December 2012
    Just for Rancid. I don't care what anyone says, you'll struggle to get Customer Care like this anywhere else. Sky Poker.com - fun poker & bacon rolls.  
    Posted by Tikay10

LOL, ahem but where is the Brown Sauce???