You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Accused of collusion

edited December 2012 in Poker Chat
I was just playing in a £1.15 DYM and I had the table in mini view as I was playing in a tournament on another site as well.
When my other tournament finished I went back to standard view and noticed some chat as it scrolled past.I scrolled back through the chat and 1 player had accused me of colluding with another player.
I asked the player for an explanation and he just told me to f off.
I have just spoke to live chat support and asked them to review the DYM as I don’t like being accused of cheating.
I asked support what would be done about it, they tell me if it is proven to be unfounded then no action will be taken and that’s it.
So it would seem it is ok to make unfounded accusations  against players and the only prove you have of it being untrue is the fact you are still here.

Comments

• edited December 2012
    Seems to be a lot of that going on at the moment. I think we all just need a big group hug!
  • edited December 2012
    keyboard warriors just love to spout & rant,

you're better off noting their names if it's out of order & reporting them to support, they do their best to stamp out any off behaviour & chat bans aren't uncommon
  • edited December 2012

If all colluders are to be caught, occasionally people are going to be wrongly accused. This is a good thing, not a bad thing. 

There shouldn't be a punishment for getting it wrong, which is what I think you are suggesting.

Probably should be a reward for getting it right if anything, then more people might do something instead of ignoring it.

Strange post. Reporting yourself to be checked for collusion then complaining when you're cleared.!?

• edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Accused of collusion:
    If all colluders are to be caught, occasionally people are going to be wrongly accused. This is a good thing, not a bad thing.  There shouldn't be a punishment for getting it wrong, which is what I think you are suggesting. Probably should be a reward for getting it right if anything, then more people might do something instead of ignoring it. Strange post. Reporting yourself to be checked for collusion then complaining when you're cleared.!?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Strange post indeed
  • edited December 2012
    If all colluders are to be caught, occasionally people are going to be wrongly accused. This is a good thing, not a bad thing.  There shouldn't be a punishment for getting it wrong, which is what I think you are suggesting. Probably should be a reward for getting it right if anything, then more people might do something instead of ignoring it. Strange post. Reporting yourself to be checked for collusion then complaining when you're cleared.!?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    i see a hell of alot of this and other things too,just turn chat off mate
  • edited December 2012
    Gotta say abuse at the tables is getting worse from my experience. We should have a chat abuse button which we just press and it instantly hightlights to the powers that be to investigate and decide on any action if required. I think some players are confusing banter with abuse and dont know the difference.

My Golden rule is dont put anything on the chat that you would not say to their face.
  • edited December 2012
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Sorry but I dont agree that it is ok to wrongly accuse somebody of cheating unless there is some way of retracting the accusation if it is found to be untrue.

Strange post? Not really, I just want my name cleared and i dont see anywhere that I have complained about that.
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Accused of collusion : Sorry but I dont agree that it is ok to wrongly accuse somebody of cheating unless there is some way of retracting the accusation if it is found to be untrue. Strange post? Not really, I just want my name cleared and i dont see anywhere that I have complained about that.
    Posted by MrJoeBlogs
    Nobody knew about the accusation, other than the 5 people at the table.

Posting here, thousands will have read it and would now be aware of it.

Best line would have been to just ignore it. 

But I'm pleased you got cleared, and urge you not to hesitate to report anyone you suspect of cheating in the fututre. 
  • edited December 2012
    Well Im disagreeing with my favourite player on sky (DOHHHHHHH) and totally agree with the OP. You  cannot go around accusing people in public and then tell them to F off when asked about it. If you suspect something then do it through the proper channels for sky to investigate.
  • edited December 2012
    maybe their reaction in chat should show you that they are to be taken less seriously than most people who report suspected collusion. 

water, ducks back etc
  • edited December 2012
    The person who accused you of colluding was probably just trying to put you on tilt........and it sounds like it worked a treat. Let's face it, who's so desperate that they're going to bother colluding to try and win 85p each? Devonfish5 plays 18 DYMs at a time on mini-view, he's probably been accused of colluding several times and doesn't even know about it.

My advice is to take everything you see in the chatbox with a pinch of salt, if stuff like this winds you up then simply leave it switched off. Personally I can laugh off anything I see in the chatbox, my location gives away that I'm in a forum team, so I've been accused of colluding several times. It doesn't worry me in the slightest because I know all my hand histories would stand up to any scrutiny.

I'll only consider reporting chatbox filth that crosses the line and might be offensive to others, a fairly rare occurance in my experience. My pet hate is those awful standard avatars, they are severely tilting. There's a simple solution; I've left them permanently switched off for 3 years.
  • edited December 2012
    The person who accused you of colluding was probably just trying to put you on tilt........and it sounds like it worked a treat. Let's face it, who's so desperate that they're going to bother colluding to try and win 85p each? Devonfish5 plays 18 DYMs at a time on mini-view, he's probably been accused of colluding several times and doesn't even know about it. My advice is to take everything you see in the chatbox with a pinch of salt, if stuff like this winds you up then simply leave it switched off. Personally I can laugh off anything I see in the chatbox, my location gives away that I'm in a forum team, so I've been accused of colluding several times. It doesn't worry me in the slightest because I know all my hand histories would stand up to any scrutiny. I'll only consider reporting chatbox filth that crosses the line and might be offensive to others, a fairly rare occurance in my experience. My pet hate is those awful standard avatars, they are severely tilting. There's a simple solution; I've left them permanently switched off for 3 years.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    Thanks for this very sound advice Gary, very much appreciated.

I think I'll just give the DYM's a miss from now on and stick to the mtt's which I find much more enjoyable.
  • edited December 2012
    Ive got to say that the abusive chat really annoys me as I know they would not say it to my face. Maybe I will go miniview as it really annoys me although I try not to let it put me off my game. However this then spoils the enjoyment of having a chat with decent like minded people which is a shame and after all the sky community is one of its strong points. We need to eradicate the abusers and next time I get it I will be reporting them. No doubt I will get abused even more now lol.
    As I dont play live (except with mates), do you get abuse at these tables ?
  • edited December 2012
    keyboard warriors just love to spout & rant, you're better off noting their names if it's out of order & reporting them to support, they do their best to stamp out any off behaviour & chat bans aren't uncommon
    Posted by yoyo
    The op did report to support and all they did was they would check him out and if he had not been colluding then he was ok. No mention of bringing the accusser to book ? or have I got this wrong ?
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Accused of collusion : The op did report to support and all they did was they would check him out and if he had not been colluding then he was ok. No mention of bringing the accusser to book ? or have I got this wrong ?
    Posted by JPW33
    Thanks for your comments JPW.

you are right.
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Accused of collusion : The op did report to support and all they did was they would check him out and if he had not been colluding then he was ok. No mention of bringing the accusser to book ? or have I got this wrong ?
    Posted by JPW33
    So if the accuser is correct, the accused gets punished, but if he is WRONG then accuser gets punished????
    If that's what your trying to say then how do you expect any form of policing? People would be too afraid incase they got punished for being wrong. 
  • edited December 2012
    Why would anyone collude in a £1 dym anyway lol!!??

Like cushions on beds, pointless.......................
  • edited December 2012
    Did Pokerstars not stop the dyms at one time ,Due to it being impossible to stop players colluding at the tsble.
    Could be wrong??
  • edited December 2012
    Did Pokerstars not stop the dyms at one time ,Due to it being impossible to stop players colluding at the tsble. Could be wrong??
    Posted by ficino

yes that's right, the format is exceptionally easy to collude in.
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Accused of collusion : So if the accuser is correct, the accused gets punished, but if he is WRONG then accuser gets punished???? If that's what your trying to say then how do you expect any form of policing? People would be too afraid incase they got punished for being wrong. 
    Posted by mewillows
    No that's not how I see it.

If I am going to be accused in public then I would appreciate being cleared in public.

A public apology from the accuser wouldn't go amiss either.  
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Accused of collusion : No that's not how I see it. If I am going to be accused in public then I would appreciate being cleared in public. A public apology from the accuser wouldn't go amiss either.  
    Posted by MrJoeBlogs
    Apart from the people on your table no one new until you put it on here. So really you made it public.
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Accused of collusion : Apart from the people on your table no one new until you put it on here. So really you made it public.
    Posted by jonjo75
    He still made the accusation in public, no matter how many people was at the table.

This is quite a small pool of players on here and we have the forum as well.

So rather than hide from the accusation I wanted to answer it in public.
  • edited December 2012
    big deal out of nothing imo.
  • edited December 2012
    Ive got to say that the abusive chat really annoys me as I know they would not say it to my face. Maybe I will go miniview as it really annoys me although I try not to let it put me off my game. However this then spoils the enjoyment of having a chat with decent like minded people which is a shame and after all the sky community is one of its strong points. We need to eradicate the abusers and next time I get it I will be reporting them. No doubt I will get abused even more now lol. As I dont play live (except with mates), do you get abuse at these tables ?
    Posted by JPW33
    If you mean do players openly abuse each other to their faces (in Live Poker) the answer is no, it is very very rare indeed. 

Read into that what you will about abuse & rudeness Online.

I could name any number of poker players who are almost always abusive Online, but wholly respectful & deferential in real life.

The World of Online seems to have developed a different set of rules than those we all use in real-life.

• edited December 2012
    Gotta say abuse at the tables is getting worse from my experience. We should have a chat abuse button which we just press and it instantly hightlights to the powers that be to investigate and decide on any action if required. I think some players are confusing banter with abuse and dont know the difference. My Golden rule is dont put anything on the chat that you would not say to their face.
    Posted by JPW33
    I have offered to discuss matters with keyboard warriors at SPT and not one was interested in discussing the matter face to face.
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Accused of collusion : I have offered to discuss matters with keyboard warriors at SPT and not one was interested in discussing the matter face to face.
    Posted by Mohican
    I want to discuss the matter of you buying me a drink at Luton... I'll probably lose though :(
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Accused of collusion : If you mean do players openly abuse each other to their faces (in Live Poker) the answer is no, it is very very rare indeed.  Read into that what you will about abuse & rudeness Online. I could name any number of poker players who are almost always abusive Online, but wholly respectful & deferential in real life. The World of Online seems to have developed a different set of rules than those we all use in real-life.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    Exactly Tikay and I always try to behave the same way, unfortunately some people get brave behind a keyboard.
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Accused of collusion : I have offered to discuss matters with keyboard warriors at SPT and not one was interested in discussing the matter face to face.
    Posted by Mohican
    Exactly Mohican, they are brave behind the keyboard.
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Accused of collusion : So if the accuser is correct, the accused gets punished, but if he is WRONG then accuser gets punished???? If that's what your trying to say then how do you expect any form of policing? People would be too afraid incase they got punished for being wrong. 
    Posted by mewillows
    No thats not what Im saying (probably me making myself unclear). The correct way to report collusion is to the powers that be and not on the chat box and with swearing as well. The powers that be will investigate and some may prove right and some wrong. On the investigation they would know if someone had a genuine belief that collusion MAY have taken place but was proved unfounded then they could let that person know.

A wind up abuser who knows hes making false allegations is not going to report any suspicions if he knows it is going to get investigated. Theres a correct way to do everything and accusing someone on chat box is basically abuse and needs dealing with if the abused reports them as did the OP.
  • edited December 2012
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    lmao at this post,hope u never get accused od anything doh that u never did but dont worry they only accusing u because occasionay its fair