You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

First post on the clinic, can i get away form this?

edited December 2012 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancedarsum333Small blind 10.0010.003712.00StonedRoseBig blind 20.0030.001685.00 Your hole cardsKJ   KevwinsomeFold    VAGABONCall 20.0050.002198.00RLT16Raise 140.00190.001960.00LuckyDaveBFold    darsum333Call 130.00320.003582.00StonedRoseFold    VAGABONFold    Flop  76J   darsum333Check    RLT16Bet 320.00640.001640.00darsum333Call 320.00960.003262.00Turn  J   darsum333Check    RLT16Bet 960.001920.00680.00darsum333Raise 1920.003840.001342.00RLT16All-in 680.004520.000.00darsum333Unmatched bet 280.004240.001622.00darsum333Show66   RLT16ShowKJ   River  6   darsum333WinFour 6s4240.00 5862.00
 I think this is pretty standard and not much i done wrong, but feel free to put me right.

Comments

• edited December 2012
    pretty standard ul
  • edited December 2012
    rasie smaller pre. Dont bet pot on flop.

But no, no you probably cant get away
  • edited December 2012
    nah cant get away

id prefer a smaller raise pre and smaller bet otf but w/e
  • edited December 2012
    Make it 80 pre after the limper but no you cant get away
  • edited December 2012
    Even the best go broke here, anybody who is good enough to fold trips with a king kicker must have paranormal powers!!!!
  • edited December 2012
    Never with your stack
  • edited December 2012
    I wouldnt be able to get away from it BUT regardless not a fan of the bet sizing at any point. I'd be raising 3-4x pre.
    I think I make it 75 pre. Assuming you still get the one caller, I bet 140 into 180 otf. I'm sure Darsum raises here and it goes in either ott or river but you could exercise a bit more pot control IMHO.
  • edited December 2012
    Hi RLT
    Its very early in a T here. By betting fairly large pre, you will bloat the pot quicker and could get committed to it with not so great hands. Normally its 3x plus i bb for each limper so 80 ould be fine. Remember early doors players set mine and play suited connectors in order to win that big pot early on so always keep in mind that someone could have trips especially when they call  big pot sized bets on the flop. Remember your opponent limped from HJ then called a big raise. That suggests either small pocket pairs or suited connectors.
    You should have a plan before you go into the pot ...then when the flop comes...ask "do i want a small pot or big pot?" and act accordingly. You need to balance your bet sizing with your stack size, i think, but it will come with playing more, i'm sure.
    You'd have made a fantastic hero fold to fold his raise on the Turn but by that stage, it'd be wrong anyway. You'd have to be psychic i think. Less than 1% would have got away from that. Maybe not even that as its early doors, low buy-in etc so you had no choice really. Just a cooler really but try to be aware of what he could be playing with the info you have ie his position, his stack size and the fact that he limped then called your raise. that suggested that he had a hand which needed to catch well.
  • edited December 2012
    yes,
    don't play kj
    dev
  • edited December 2012
    edited as per below
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: First post on the clinic, can i get away form this?:
    just another point i didnt see. initially i didnt look at the villain or position. Its gone limp, youve raised and got called by a good player out of the SB. From my notes and observations, his range of hands to call your oversize raise here is going to be something along the lines of TT or smaller PP. It may also contain AJ, AT and maaaaybe AQ although Id expect a 3 bet from AQ. So if I size my bets as 80 pre, 140 on flop and 330 on turn, Id prob ask myself on turn can he have AJ, 77 or 66 and early stages make a tight fold with 550 invested from my 2k starting stack. This is player dependent in this case as I dont see this player showing up with QJ or JT here. Does anyone else think this is an ok ish line (assuming it plays out like this) or should we still go broke?
    Posted by mj8bs
     Hi %%%%

Yes, fair points BUT and its a big BUT.....

I don't think that the player in q would like it advertised on the forum about his betting pattern/hand ranges so specifically....

RLT, its new for you but cancel out the name of the player in question in future. They won't mind it then but if their play is shown along with their hand it gives us info on them. Poker is a game where the more info we have then the better decisions we make (supposedly).

Maybe we need sky to put a messge board of how to put hands up along with points made about
    a) players in the pot and their type(TAG etc...)
    b) previous play before this pot
    c) your image to table.......

Without this info you may be making assumptions that aren't correct. Also it may justify their behaviour.
    The likes of Beaneh has been stating this, quite correctly, from time after time. Maybe a layout of info to include along with the hand history could be put forward by the likes of him or a group of experienced players that SKY could  paste up at the start of the clinic

• edited December 2012
    Fair point Prof - ill edit my post but as youve quoted me, youll have to edit yours for it to be any use!