You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SPT Luton - SOLD OUT

edited December 2012 in Poker Chat

The Online Lobby for SPT Luton has now been closed, to allow the names of those registered to be processed with the Venue.

It reached its Online Cap of 160 players this morning & will now be removed from the Lobby.

Around 30 seats will be on sale at the Venue, on the day, & these will be sold on a first come first served basis, just arrive early, & give your name to SPT Rich who will try & ensure you get a seat.

Even if you do not have a seat for the Main Event, there will be sideys on Friday evening & Saturday, & all are welcome to come along.

A camera crew from 861 will be present, & Lord Orford will be conducting interviews & generally fiffing & faffing around, as per.

There will be a Live Stream - technical glitches apart, we hope - & a commentary on the Live Stream throughout, with various Guest commentators, as well as a Live Update on the Community.

Hope to see some of you there, & if you have any questions, fire away, either here on the Community, or in person at the venue.

The whole idea of the SPT Events is that we just have a good time, & all of us will do our best to make sure you do. 

If you are not a Member of G-Luton, you MUST bring ID, such as a Drivers Licence or Passport.

The normally somewhat strict dress code will be relaxed slightly, but please remember that the Venue has right to refuse entry to anyone they consider improperly dressed. (Arrangements have been made to make exceptions in the case of Hoggers & Thewy).

Adam plans to be there, to, as always, & will happily take questions & in some cases give demos on the various software developments currently in-train at Sky Poker.

Luton it is then. Don't be late.      

Comments

• edited December 2012
    In Response to SPT Luton - SOLD OUT:
    The Online Lobby for SPT Luton has now been closed, to allow the names of those registered to be processed with the Venue. It reached its Online Cap of 160 players this morning & will now be removed from the Lobby. Around 30 seats will be on sale at the Venue, on the day, & these will be sold on a first come first served basis, just arrive early, & give your name to SPT Rich who will try & ensure you get a seat. Even if you do not have a seat for the Main Event, there will be sideys on Friday evening & Saturday, & all are welcome to come along.   A camera crew from 861 will be present, & Lord Orford will be conducting interviews & generally fiffing & faffing around, as per.   There will be a Live Stream - technical glitches apart, we hope - & a commentary on the Live Stream throughout, with various Guest commentators, as well as a Live Update on the Community.   Hope to see some of you there, & if you have any questions, fire away, either here on the Community, or in person at the venue. The whole idea of the SPT Events is that we just have a good time, & all of us will do our best to make sure you do.  If you are not a Member of G-Luton, you MUST bring ID, such as a Drivers Licence or Passport.   The normally somewhat strict dress code will be relaxed slightly, but please remember that the Venue has right to refuse entry to anyone they consider improperly dressed. (Arrangements have been made to make exceptions in the case of Hoggers & Thewy).   Adam plans to be there, to, as always, & will happily take questions & in some cases give demos on the various software developments currently in-train at Sky Poker.   Luton it is then. Don't be late.        
    Posted by Tikay10

looking forward to it see you there :)

• edited December 2012
    In Response to SPT Luton - SOLD OUT:
    The Online Lobby for SPT Luton has now been closed, to allow the names of those registered to be processed with the Venue. It reached its Online Cap of 160 players this morning & will now be removed from the Lobby. Around 30 seats will be on sale at the Venue, on the day, & these will be sold on a first come first served basis, just arrive early, & give your name to SPT Rich who will try & ensure you get a seat. Even if you do not have a seat for the Main Event, there will be sideys on Friday evening & Saturday, & all are welcome to come along.   A camera crew from 861 will be present, & Lord Orford will be conducting interviews & generally fiffing & faffing around, as per.   There will be a Live Stream - technical glitches apart, we hope - & a commentary on the Live Stream throughout, with various Guest commentators, as well as a Live Update on the Community.   Hope to see some of you there, & if you have any questions, fire away, either here on the Community, or in person at the venue. The whole idea of the SPT Events is that we just have a good time, & all of us will do our best to make sure you do.  If you are not a Member of G-Luton, you MUST bring ID, such as a Drivers Licence or Passport.   The normally somewhat strict dress code will be relaxed slightly, but please remember that the Venue has right to refuse entry to anyone they consider improperly dressed. (Arrangements have been made to make exceptions in the case of Hoggers & Thewy).   Adam plans to be there, to, as always, & will happily take questions & in some cases give demos on the various software developments currently in-train at Sky Poker.   Luton it is then. Don't be late.        
    Posted by Tikay10

Sigh

Can I Just point out that last year Anna Fowler managed to get in wearing ripped jeans!! I don't think ANYONE else would have managed that! 

Can't wait for this one! Always love Luton!

• edited December 2012
    Good luck to all those who are going to Luton.  Feel sorry for those who didn't make it due to players winning satellites who had already qualified.
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: SPT Luton - SOLD OUT:
    Good luck to all those who are going to Luton.  Feel sorry for those who didn't make it due to players winning satellites who had already qualified.
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    That old chesnut again?!
  • edited December 2012

Wouldn't be an old chestnut if not true would it :-)...

I would have loved to be there, unfortunately didn't qualify and can't justify to the misses on spending the money it would take to get there and the buy-in..

Plus it snowed this morning in Luton....

• edited December 2012
    Unfortunately Sky & Tikay don't seem to think there is a problem with it, so YES I'm afraid it will keep on coming up.
  • edited December 2012
    The thing is, seats going to people who already had one had no impact. It had a 160 cap, and it met the 160 cap, so they gave the maximum number of seats that they were going to via Sky. Just means they closed satellites down a few days later than they might have otherwise done.
  • edited December 2012
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    *due to sky allowing players to take the cash equivalent

• edited December 2012

160 seats avaiable

160+ buy ins

only one winner - SKY

extra rake ftw
  • edited December 2012
    You say that, but Sky were basically giving away about £50+ of overlay 3 times a night, every single night. Ok it might not be big bucks to them, but nonetheless, people were getting a very cheap chance to either win a seat or win some cash, they gave free money away in them sats. If they were full it would be extra rake for Sky but they were never even close.
  • edited December 2012
    I qualified through the sats, but would have bought in if I had not done so.  I'm now in a dilemma for next time as to whether I should be allowed to play the sats at all because I am potentially depriving someone else from winning a place through the sats when I am going to play whatever.  Sorry Steve but I think your argument is very weak, and I'm not sure what you expect Sky to do about it.
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to SPT Luton - SOLD OUT : Sigh Can I Just point out that last year Anna Fowler managed to get in wearing ripped jeans!! I don't think ANYONE else would have managed that!  Can't wait for this one! Always love Luton!
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Turn up dressed like Anna, then. It might work out for you.
  • edited December 2012
    well done sky,  good luck to all !  I will come to one of these one day. never played live
  • edited December 2012
    Have fun all. iv never played live poker. But i will come and watch one of these events one day