You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Top of the Pots

edited December 2012 in Poker Chat
Hi Guys

Just wanted people's view on the Top of the Pots show on 861.

99% of whats broadcasted on the channel is quality (i.e: don't get involved in hands / no limping etc etc) but the "Top of the Pots" show lets the channel down badly to the majority of the people watching it. Because basically everything the presenters preach about all week goes completely out of window in this show when some (HERO OF THE CHANNEL) x3 bets with 85 against KK and then no doubt hits his straight and wins a £2K pot which makes the presents laud over the hand which normally they would slate.

maybe a slot on the channel for low end "normal" players instead of the usual BS.

Ta

Comments

• edited December 2012
    I disagree. I like totp. Nice to see thousands of £££ being thrown around the table!
  • edited December 2012
    I agree with Percival. Also it's usually good players who aint just throwing money in with ATC, there's dynamics involved and higher level thinking than you get at low levels and the person who might call IP with 67s or whatever, usually hits the flop and plays it aggressively or whatever, it's not just a case of they chuck the money in and just get there.
  • edited December 2012
    Lambert,,,, i thought you may have grew a pair recently and disagreed wth something against Sky!!!! maybe not

how can you both agree, seriously

what if you was in them games sat there KK / AA and some hero bums you for 2K with a str draw? is that fine just because they are the "premier league" of Sky?

so define how it's fine to promote this play when much of the week is based around a true reflection on how poker should be played.
  • edited December 2012
    you gave your view. We gave our views. You're then quite rude to lambert. Cba
  • edited December 2012
    The dynamics of the game changes at this level.

Most of the players at those tables know each other inside out and do their best to balance their ranges.

The reason why we don't advise taking these kind of lines on the lower stakes cash tables is because playing these kind of styles would be a losing play at those tables.  

However everyone can learn from the hands we see on TOTP, as certain parts of their play like no limping/being positionally aware/not being passive, are skills that apply to all levels of cash poker.
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Top of the Pots:
    The dynamics of the game changes at this level. Most of the players at those tables know each other inside out and do their best to balance their ranges. The reason why we don't advise taking these kind of lines on the lower stakes cash tables is because playing these kind of styles would be a losing play at those tables.   However everyone can learn from the hands we see on TOTP, as certain parts of their play like no limping/being positionally aware/not being passive, are skills that apply to all levels of cash poker.
    Posted by scotty77
    ^^^ this

Also, as the honourable Tikay said last night, a few times, you need to do the opposite of what other people are doing sometimes.  The implied odds of hitting with your 4 8 are massive. Times they don't smash the flop, they can float, they represent monsters, they outplay (well, they believe they can) the opposition, when the opposition misses.

It's a whole other level (non-ABC) up there, and I for one enjoy the big boys, who have clearly cut their teeth, earnt their roll, seeing how they "dance"