You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

This one is bugging me, see much wrong? Do much different?

edited December 2012 in The Poker Clinic
NL100 9max live.

Take last open seat @ table.  Friendly reg warns me has been the seat of death, wish I'd listened.  Worse session in a lo ---oooo-ooong time.  Stunned disbelief tracking %'s today.

200bbs deep (or not with re straddle).  I have restraddled to £4.  Huge Lag flats in the CO, 1st straddle makes it up and I check with 106o.

£13.5 in pot 1062r.  After the flop I am in middle position 3 handed.  1st seat checks, I check behind.  Lag opens for £7, 1st seat flats I c/r to £28.  Lag opener will peel super wide.  Lag flats, 1st seat folds, I go to turn OOP.

£76.5 (£160ish back)  1062r Q.  Lag seems to have a 10, maybe even some weird OP, its moot if he has a set as I will ALWAYS pay off this individual if that is the case, as he will/does continue through streets super light.  Believing he'll call very light I bet £65.  Bit of a merge, concious that it looks kind of bluffy, but equally I expect to get looked up uber light, so its basically a potsized value bet,  He calls.

£207 (£90ish back)  1062r Q J no flush completes.  Few weird straights get there but never (hardly) AK.  Feel 10J is smack in his range, but all the other worse 10's are also 109/K/A (Q).  Not c/fing.  C/cing is ugly, still will be called by worse, shipsville.  Oppo says "I put you on bluffing with AK", but have to call, shows 10J sigh.

Seems pretty standard but is bugging me.  Any thoughts? Still tilted from session tbh, woeful.  Oppo is huge sulag

Comments

• edited December 2012
    Classic live poker here thats what i put you on ak lol.  Yea this is clearly how someone would play ak in a limped pot check his option in the bb lol.
  • edited December 2012
    indeed.  C/r table with the old runner runner nut draw after opting to check pre :p  Blows the mind.  C/r table, pot turn for value, AK rubdown.  Sigh :p  Shouldnt grumble really for the obv reasons though.
  • edited December 2012
    Such a tough spot on the river.

Up until that everything is fine although you could bet smaller on the turn.
    I guess stack sizes dictate that we can't really get away from it by the river given reads on oppo.

Say we bet £45-£50 then I think we may find it easier to find a c/f on the river. Plus we have a good stack:pot ratio for jamming on the river when a blank falls although theres not many! I mean would he really v. bet worse on the river if we checked it to him and would he call with worse often enough when we jam? 
    Would he be that spewy to call a c/r on the flop then a turn bet with a hand like 78,97,34,35 etc. and be capable of bluffing these missed straight draws?

TBH I don't really think you did to much wrong given your reads and just got ul. It's so tilting when you go busto from a trash hand that you wouldn't have played if not for being able to check pre, especially to fish!

• edited December 2012
    yeah nice post, pretty much nail on head.  Whole string of 20/1 (and worse) shots got in that night.  Frustrating, this is the only one that grates me for some reason.

He calls any blank river.  Just a huge spewbox.  Frustrating lol.  Normally turn would be smaller, but given his tendancies felt like would be bad not to go bigger.

Def capable of firing with mentioned missed draws you mention, just felt his range leaned more to 1pr 10's on this occassion.  And if he calls turn....surely calls river with 109/K/A + worse.