You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SPRINTER SACRE

edited December 2012 in Betting Chat
amazing, just incredible, and thats his main QMCC rival come march he just pummeled, just awesome, hats off

Comments

• edited December 2012
    4/7 now for QMCC, redifines the term 'lump on job' absoultely bomb proof you would imagine
  • edited December 2012
    Sure was Bell, joy to watch
  • edited December 2012
    Awesome performance, I assume we all have him as out star in the ten to follow, oh nope thats just me :)
  • edited December 2012
    LOL. I havent even got him, some tipster at the start of the season said he 

"was an accident waiting to happen " LOL

• edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: SPRINTER SACRE:
    4/7 now for QMCC, redifines the term 'lump on job' absoultely bomb proof you would imagine
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    Be very careful!
    My friend says the yard has a better horse.
    Sprinter Sacre was impressive but who did he beat? Kumbeshwar having his second run after injury!
    If you lump on the Queen Mother Champion Chase now. Its a long time till Cheltenham and as I stated earlier there is apparently a better horse in the yard
  • edited December 2012
    i wont be lumping on now, itll be on the day. i think your mates winding you up mate as well, theres nothing will beat him over 2m this season and im well prepared for the proverbial egg on face. i would like to know the name of the horse all the same, havent seen anytihng else priced up antepost from the yard to imagine Henderson would warrant running 2 when he already has the winner in the black aeroplane
  • edited December 2012
    He rides out, and his insight to date has been 100% accurate!
    I have no reason to doubt him.
    Sprinter Sacre is an above average horse but it doesn't mean there aren't other horses that have improved since last year.
    I rate the horse highly but don't believe it gives value ante post, I'll keep my eggs in the frying pan, I don't believe the horse will be the first Henderson horse home in the QMCC.
    Thats the beauty of racing we all have opinions rightly or wrongly.
  • edited December 2012

a) i havent mentioned ante post, i stated 4/7 NOW, and then went onto say will be a lump on job, i am too aware of the perils of ante post betting and am confident i can get something similar on the day!!

and b) you still havent advised name of this horse, i would genuinely like to know as if theres a contender in the henderson yard which they rate above the black aeroplane i will be following it very closely!!!

the only other henderson runner so far priced up is my old fav Finians, who will likely be Ryanair bound so unless your mates suggesting one of the 2m novices will be plunged into the 2m championship race rather than the arkle, then it must be something new to yard, would be great to get a name please!  

• edited December 2012
    Well,here is my observation!
    Paul Nicholls was testing his horse against this horse!
    They have a plan to beat this horse!
    They tried to run the horse off his feet,but did not suceeed!
    They will try something different on the big day!
    Mark my words!
    I would not back it at present odds ,ante post!

He may yet be the best horse!

I will wait till the big day!
  • edited December 2012
    He rides out, and his insight to date has been 100% accurate! I have no reason to doubt him. Sprinter Sacre is an above average horse but it doesn't mean there aren't other horses that have improved since last year. I rate the horse highly but don't believe it gives value ante post, I'll keep my eggs in the frying pan, I don't believe the horse will be the first Henderson horse home in the QMCC. Thats the beauty of racing we all have opinions rightly or wrongly.
    Posted by cleansweep
    I cant tell you at the moment but I will closer the time.
    But in the meantime, you might want to look out for a debutante called Samsons Bay trained by Victor Dartnell.
    and Three Old Amigos maybe then I might inspire some confidence in my comments
  • edited December 2012
    Afternoon chaps,

IMHO Sprinter Sacre will win easily at Cheltenham.  On ground much softer than ideal he slammed his rivals without coming out of 2nd gear in the Tingle Creek, has the all important course and distance form over fences, the handicapper has his rating as 179 (1lb below the great Moscow Flyer) and Barry Geraghty says he is the best horse he has ever ridden (and he rode Moscow Flyer).

The price is arguably still attractive as there is nothing to beat him but may be better in multiple bets with the other certainties like Big Bucks and Quevega.
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: SPRINTER SACRE : I cant tell you at the moment but I will closer the time. But in the meantime, you might want to look out for a debutante called Samsons Bay trained by Victor Dartnell. and Three Old Amigos maybe then I might inspire some confidence in my comments
    Posted by cleansweep
    no worries, thats a nice job your mate has anyways riding out for mr henderson! if he has any positive info/vibes about the Tom Du Lys for tomorrow at cheltenham please post it would be appreciated. youll know better than me but i have envisaged the conversation about SS going along the lines of 'you think hes special, wait til ya see this new one we have' but it could be one which will start out in bumpers or novice hurdles at this stage then progress to chasing in a few years and not actually have any bearing on this years QMCC.

barry geraghty piloted the great moscow flyer on 15 occasions and won alot of them and has said Sprinter Sacre is arguably the best hes ever been on (not sure if in reference specifically to 2 milers or all horses hes rode total) but i read it and to me thats a tip in itself.