You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Just wanted To Let You Know

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi all, just a short post, wanted to thank all you much better players for all the advice I have recieved through the forum, it has improved my game no end in a very short time. You are all very friendly and helpfull and its much appriciated. When I first started playing I thought it was ALL about the cards, I now know thats only part of it, especially position, so thanx again and see you out there soon

Comments

• edited November 2009
    don't be fooled... playing against poor players it is mostly about cards because it is difficult to get anyone to fold any pair without a risky 3 barrel. Hold 'em is a game of kickers they say...
  • edited November 2009

Nice one Tram.

Once you master Position you are on your way.
  • edited November 2009
    nice post tramshed, but before you think you're ready for the big boys, you really should read the thread in area 51, it's a warning about a superfluous amount of "Colins" on the site, make a note of these types and be very wary of their over inflated ego's, apparently it's just something that go's with being a Colin, but you should be aware of how this affects their game

We will be appealing to sky rich to make a certain amount of the cash tables a colin free zone, but I'm not sure anything can be done about them entering tournaments. I would advise you to visit the thread and make a note of the Colins to keep next to your computer---gl-- floppa whoppa
  • edited November 2009

be carefull on here at the lower stakes cause a lot of players limp in eg aa kk qq

• edited November 2009
    Glad to know the advise you got has been heeded. oh and POSITION is your best friend at the tables.
  • edited November 2009
    Well done mate.

You've showed commitment in wanting to improve, and you have done. Thoroughly deserved.
  • edited November 2009
    have no intention of playing with you "big boys" in anything other than low stakes tourneys for a long time yet i know i am not ready for that. Its just that when i started i was going out of tourneys in about 10 mins trying to get involved in way too many hands with what i now know are weak hands. since i started listening to good advice I am only playing better hands and have cashed a few times and am more confident. I chuckle now when i see people calling and raising everything and thier stacks are up and down like a shady ladys draws while mine slowley steadily builds and eventually the right hand comes along and.....boom.....i have thier chips. Doesnt always happen but then thats poker. at least i am not leaking my money any more. will be back to pick your brains on a regular basis.
  • edited November 2009
    great stuff tramshed---only joking about the colins---the 2.20 buy in deep stacks are an excellent investment imo, try a few of these for honing your skills, sounds like you have the patience for them. The 3.30 buy in ten seaters are also a fantastic game with a great bunch of peeps, really good for learning the importance of position, if you can cash in a few of these, you will be well on the way to taking on the "big boys"---lol--good luck!

ps--great attitude you have there !!--definately got the makings--watch out lads n lasses!--lol