You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

50 nl Call Or No Call Thoughts And am i only beating a bluff?

edited December 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Hating this river am i  only beating a bluff i cant see what hands would bet on this river that i beat The_ovenSmall blind £0.25£0.25£50.50IDONKCALLUBig blind £0.50£0.75£116.67 Your hole cardsJA   hhamza162Fold    NODEALCall £0.50£1.25£49.50LudacrisFold    F_IvanovicFold    The_ovenFold    IDONKCALLUCheck    Flop  K10Q   IDONKCALLUCheck    NODEALBet £0.94£2.19£48.56IDONKCALLURaise £3.00£5.19£113.67NODEALCall £2.06£7.25£46.50Turn  2   IDONKCALLUCheck    NODEALBet £7.25£14.50£39.25IDONKCALLUCall £7.25£21.75£106.42River  K   IDONKCALLUCheck    NODEALBet £10.88£32.63£28.37

Comments

• edited December 2012
    Raise to £2 pre for value instead of checking.  As played like the raise on the flop dont know why you are checking the turn definately bet the turn losing so much value by checking.  River is in an easy call given how you have played the hand as your line is so passive giving up the iniative from the turn.

The guy has limped pre so i will assume he is a recreational player therefore when i get a hand like this against him i will want to go to value city looking 3 streets of value not pot control. 
  • edited December 2012
    Agree about raisingit pre. I would just give up on the turn vs him here, he has a flush so often and we don't even have a diamond. I don't mind the check ott because he's prob giving up without  a flush if we bet here, so the check is nice to then get some value on the river if it's checked through.

As played you have to really make a crying call once you call the turn, but yeah i think the turn is where i'd be folding.
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: 50 nl Call Or No Call Thoughts And am i only beating a bluff?:
    Agree about raisingit pre. I would just give up on the turn vs him here, he has a flush so often and we don't even have a diamond. I don't mind the check ott because he's prob giving up without  a flush if we bet here, so the check is nice to then get some value on the river if it's checked through. As played you have to really make a crying call once you call the turn, but yeah i think the turn is where i'd be folding.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic

Don't do this!

As said above raise pre. Why are you checking? Flop is good but you should lead turn, he can have so many hands that you can still get value from. c/f would be terrible. 

I don't think folding would be bad given oppo (ridic passive) but given how you have played it you probably have to make a sigh call.

• edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: 50 nl Call Or No Call Thoughts And am i only beating a bluff?:
    Raise to £2 pre for value instead of checking.  As played like the raise on the flop dont know why you are checking the turn definately bet the turn losing so much value by checking.  River is in an easy call given how you have played the hand as your line is so passive giving up the iniative from the turn. The guy has limped pre so i will assume he is a recreational player therefore when i get a hand like this against him i will want to go to value city looking 3 streets of value not pot control. 
    Posted by bearlyther
    this
    i expect you still to be good a decent amount of the time here

• edited December 2012
    The reason i didnt raise pre was alot of action on this table so it doesnt matter if i raised or not i would get called 4 way so im bloating a pot out of position so thought id play small ball yeah 1 mistake here i should of bet the turn 
  • edited December 2012
    The reason i didnt raise pre was alot of action on this table so it doesnt matter if i raised or not i would get called 4 way so im bloating a pot out of position so thought id play small ball yeah 1 mistake here i should of bet the turn 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    all but 1 player has folded, your raising for value pre against 1 player. If you had bet turn the river would be simpler as it is i think you have to fold the river now imo you are very rarely winning
  • edited December 2012
    raise pre, flop is fine, bet turn - a/p call river
  • edited December 2012
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    why are you so inclined to not listen to other peoples advice?

there's only 1 limper so it's obv not going 4way is it. AJ is way ahead of his limping range, you should raise for value
  • edited December 2012
    First: 21/8/2010
    Last: 10/12/2012
    In Response to Re: 50 nl Call Or No Call Thoughts And am i only beating a bluff?:
    Posted by IDONKCALLU

why are you so inclined to not listen to other peoples advice?

there's only 1 limper so it's obv not going 4way is it. AJ is way ahead of his limping range, you should raise for value

my mistake your right i should of raised this what happens when ya tired i spose easy spot to raise c - bet take down on most flops :/