You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

thought please??

edited December 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Hand History #596370966 (21:55 10/12/2012)PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceraintimeSmall blind 30.0030.001332.50samboram45Big blind 60.0090.002555.00 Your hole cardsJ8   lerkyFold    squireav79Fold    teejay001Fold    smallstackFold    raintimeCall 30.00120.001302.50samboram45Check    Flop  28J   raintimeBet 60.00180.001242.50samboram45Raise 134.00314.002421.00raintimeCall 74.00388.001168.50Turn  9   raintimeCheck    samboram45Bet 248.00636.002173.00raintimeAll-in 1168.501804.500.00samboram45Fold    raintimeMuck    raintimeWin 884.00 884.00raintimeReturn 920.500.001804.50

Comments

• edited December 2012
    oppo playing every hand , impooss to assign a range, rasie size on flop was mistake meant to make it 154. the way he played hand jus really felt i was behind , he tank shoved turn , which jus seemed really strong to me
  • edited December 2012
    snap call ott esp w/ your reads.
  • edited December 2012
    can you tell me how you set the picture up like that please sam :)
  • edited December 2012
    cheers percival , yh probs shoukda clalled looking at it nw
  • edited December 2012
    @loololol jus go hand history and copy and paste the hand man
  • edited December 2012

loololollo,

Find the hand in your browser hand history, not the download client.

Highlight from the "P" of "Player" and drag down to the last point you want to include. Don't include the the hand history number or the buttons at the bottom.

Copy and paste that into a discussion thread.

• edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: thought please??:
    loololollo, Find the hand in your browser hand history, not the download client. Highlight from the "P" of "Player" and drag down to the last point you want to include. Don't include the the hand history number or the buttons at the bottom. Copy and past that into a discussion thread.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    doe it not wrk via downlod for u ? i copy and pasted this hand frm the download
  • edited December 2012
    Easy call as played.  Raise pre tho when opponany limps in blind vs blind to you tho as they will be playing fit or fold poker.
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: thought please?? : doe it not wrk via downlod for u ? i copy and pasted this hand frm the download
    Posted by samboram45
    It works fine for me using IE but in the past people have suggested that some browsers don't like the download's format... or something like that.

If you use the browser to both copy and paste the hand, it shouldn't cause that problem.
  • edited December 2012
    Most players are going to check their option pre-flop here (including me) but bearlyther is probably right that raising and c-betting most flops is going to be better.

I'd definitely raise more on the flop, probably to 240 total. It's more convincing as a bluff and it allows you to stack your opponent more easily by the river.

You have to call the turn, though. If you're going to fold, you have to be able to give a better reason than "...really felt I was behind..." The time he takes to make the shove doesn't really give any read unless you've seen him tank with monsters before. Even then, it can just mean he's taking a sip of coffee or he's trying to convince himself you can fold...

A reason to fold the turn could be "This guy has not raised in two hours and plays all his weak and mediocre hands passively". Even then, your hand is very strong and the pot odds are very good. With your reads that he's playing every hand and therefore could be holding any two cards, you really must call. He can have weaker two-pairs, draws, top-pair, all sorts. If he turns up with better you'd be massively unlucky and the call would still have been the right decision.
  • edited December 2012
    Most players are going to check their option pre-flop here (including me) but bearlyther is probably right that raising and c-betting most flops is going to be better. I'd definitely raise more on the flop, probably to 240 total. It's more convincing as a bluff and it allows you to stack your opponent more easily by the river. You have to call the turn, though. If you're going to fold, you have to be able to give a better reason than "...really felt I was behind..." The time he takes to make the shove doesn't really give any read unless you've seen him tank with monsters before. Even then, it can just mean he's taking a sip of coffee or he's trying to convince himself you can fold... A reason to fold the turn could be "This guy has not raised in two hours and plays all his weak and mediocre hands passively". Even then, your hand is very strong and the pot odds are very good. With your reads that he's playing every hand and therefore could be holding any two cards, you really must call. He can have weaker two-pairs, draws, top-pair, all sorts. If he turns up with better you'd be massively unlucky and the call would still have been the right decision.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    thnks BL  thnks for such in depth reply , you are spot on now im reading this and thinkin over the hand! i think i jus bottled it tbh!
  • edited December 2012
    Easy call as played.  Raise pre tho when opponany limps in blind vs blind to you tho as they will be playing fit or fold poker.
    Posted by bearlyther[/QUOTthnks for reply , i agree rasisng pre is profitable but on the other hand early on do we relly need to with a weak hand ?
  • edited December 2012
    Hi S

From what you say he could be playing anything and you do have top two pair. This makes it unlikely tha he has JJ or 88. Its probably the draw thats the worry for you. Maybe your bet-sizing could have been bigger with this in mind as he gets odds of over 4 to 1 to call your raise.. However you should think your ahead so this is a value bet.
     I think you should call tbh. Playing these kinds of players can be a pain as you feel the one time i go all the way, he's got trips and his loose/maniacal image has disguised it.
    The time taken could mean anything tbh.