You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NL20 folding big hands

edited December 2012 in The Poker Clinic

lols we never folding right ?
Am I just nutz for seriously considering folding
If I say oppo plays pretty much face up most of the time, nearly always has  Q or AA with the donk river
Do I go with my reads, perplexed I is -_- Never think oppo does this with worse houses, and deffo never ever bluffing
Pretty certain oppo would c/c all worse

thoughts plz people
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
VINEY73 Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £17.10
x Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £26.71
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

rancid Raise   £0.60 £0.90 £18.92
bazzamundo Call   £0.60 £1.50 £29.01
andybeth Fold        
VINEY73 Fold        
x Call   £0.40 £1.90 £26.31
Flop

• Q
  • Q

x Check        
rancid Bet   £1.43 £3.33 £17.49
bazzamundo Fold        
x Call   £1.43 £4.76 £24.88
Turn

• Q

x Check        
rancid Bet   £3.80 £8.56 £13.69
x Call   £3.80 £12.36 £21.08
River

x All-in   £21.08 £33.44 £0.00
rancid

Comments

• edited December 2012
    I dont think u can fold with this hand even though as you say it looks a lot like a Q or AA.

You never know he might shove something random. If u did make the fold and you were right then u are a sik guy
  • edited December 2012
    ah the old 1,2 teddy. such an advanced move
  • edited December 2012

Is this thread for reals?

• edited December 2012
    lol its a snap call fuy who shoves can easilyyyyyyyyy with a pair lower then jacks i snap faster then a snappity thing im breaking the mouse clicking away
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: NL20 folding big hands:
    ah the old 1,2 teddy. such an advanced move
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    No idea what your talking about -_- but thanks for your input )
  • edited December 2012
    lol its a snap call fuy who shoves can easilyyyyyyyyy with a pair lower then jacks i snap faster then a snappity thing im breaking the mouse clicking away
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Why would an ABC face up player shove river.
    Why would oppo shove less than JJ

The only bluff that makes sense is missed FD
    is oppo turning 1010 into a bluff

Still fink it's a good fold, wp me :D

OR do we just say, oppo going to have the Q less often just because of probability !! ok I call then
  • edited December 2012
    Is this thread for reals?
    Posted by NColley

Just the answer the questions, you can't ask questions on this thread - cmon )
  • edited December 2012
    cmon rancid long term this is a call all day long
  • edited December 2012

If you folded then you get owned in this spot so often.

• edited December 2012
    He's probably got quads.

Have to call to make sure tho ;)
  • edited December 2012
    its a snap call folding this is insane your beating so many hands u put a 1/3 of ya stack in u getting almost 6/4 the call
  • edited December 2012
    Called in a similar spot yesterday. Quads.
  • edited December 2012
    its a snap call folding this is insane your beating so many hands u put a 1/3 of ya stack in u getting almost 6/4 the call
    Posted by IDONKCALLU

No one folds full house right, so if oppo calling me down with 10's or likewise then why would and what kind of oppo donk shoves river with a lower house - they c/c off £13 all day

The only time I get owned is by stooopid man shoving worse or silly man shoving missed FD's - because no one folds full houses right - stoopid spot to bluff ) But how stoopid is oppo ? Not stoopid, very ABC - face up player - so.....

the only question I have is........do we not fold because we think we are facing bluffs more often or our 3 rd nuts is not good - so.... what kind of idiot shoves 10's in this spot ?

• edited December 2012
    everytime a tight reg shoves allin into and you have been the aggressor throughout the hand then they shove allin on river pretty much they always have the stone cold nuts.

but to answer the question in game I be too stubborn to fold vs that type of player buts most players I snap call, but I can understand why you did fold if you did vs some players at this level m8.
  • edited December 2012
    everytime a tight reg shoves allin into and you have been the aggressor throughout the hand then they shove allin on river pretty much they always have the stone cold nuts. but to answer the question in game I be too stubborn to fold vs that type of player buts most players I snap call, but I can understand why you did fold if you did vs some players at this level m8.
    Posted by liamboi11

Well ofc I called init )

but...I seriously was like what you shove - u must have a Q or cheeky AA - I should fold, every poker sense in my body was saying fold........plus like running into AA soo much at nl20 latley... so rubs the aggro AK tree the wroung way...

---result ---

Not saying !! It would just spoil the thread )

• edited December 2012
    well we have a diff level of thinking not saying im right or your right

• edited December 2012
    i even said to a poker buddy looks like a lambert post   a obvious hand and a obvious call imo   tbh in game if u fold here then ya just not playing ya   a game or cared of losing if ya rolled for it its a snap call n lose easy just rebuy its a snappity snap snap call for me