You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Qualifying then unregistering for tournament

edited December 2012 in Poker Chat
I've been under the impression that if you satellited into a tournament then unregistered you got the cash value of the entry fee credited to your account. 
Earlier, I qualified for tonights 6K Open and then unregistered as I was running well in another qualifier that I mistakenly entered. 
My account wasn't credited and I spoke to someone at Sky who said you couldn't get the value of the entry back. I said "But on the forums etc. there are lots of people complaining about this and you often see someone who's already qualified playing the satellites still..." but he wouldn't have it, reckoned it can't happen.
Can someone help clear this up please? Can you unregister and get the money back? What if you qualify twice? Thanks.

Comments

• edited December 2012
    You have to be entered for the tournament to get a cash equivalent
    If you'd got through the second satellite you'd have RECEIVED CASH
    but you forfeit if you unregister your first qualification
  • edited December 2012
    if you unregister you lose the buyin for no valid reason.

currently if you contact customer care/helpful people on the forum then the standard seems to be to reregister you for the same tournament another night, at no point can you take the monetary value in any form.

if you register with money and unregister you get your money back.

if you are in the tournament and win another seat they have to give you the money as there is no other option.

hope that clears it up for you. 

fwiw this is something I am including in a long list of suggested improvements. just yet to finish it because it's taking aaaages!
  • edited December 2012
    Thanks very much both of you. Just busted out of other satellite on (more or less) the bubble when AA beaten by AK all-in but just to confirm the £33 would've been credited to my account if I'd qualified again? 
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Qualifying then unregistering for tournament:
    Thanks very much both of you. Just busted out of other satellite on (more or less) the bubble when AA beaten by AK all-in but just to confirm the £33 would've been credited to my account if I'd qualified again? 
    Posted by SR23

If you are registered for a tournament, then satelite into it yes you would recieve the cash. if you just satelite in and try and unregsiter you get nada.
  • edited December 2012
    Okay, cheers man. 
  • edited December 2012
    it makes little sense tbh

should have been fixed a long time ago
  • edited December 2012
    tickets would be alot eaiser if u sat for a 33 buy in u get a ticket for any 33 buy in u wish to play would be so much easier