You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Good or bad fold not sure

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
demondog11Small blind 75.0075.004000.00
madred71Big blind 150.00225.001862.50
 Your hole cards

FIRE08Fold    
loolololloRaise 300.00525.002465.00
DARREN424Fold    
demondog11Fold    
madred71Raise 600.001125.001262.50
loolololloCall 450.001575.002015.00
Flop

madred71Check    
loolololloBet 150.001725.001865.00
madred71All-in 1262.502987.500.00
loolololloFold    
madred71Muck    
madred71Win 1875.00 1875.00
madred71Return 1112.500.002987.50

Comments

• edited December 2012
    Hi L

Maybe no one wants to answer as 'its one of those'. Personally, i say good fold. Its relatively early in T, you raise and get a rer and caller in bb. You get odds of less than 3 to 1 to catch a five as thats the only way you're winning i feel. However with two players the implied odds are there.
    The flop could be good but if one of the two has an overpair then you are sunk. I feel that the all-in shows this and you should fold. Even if he is Ak or other over cards then he has outs. Maybe he has AT but i'm surprised he'd raise pre but is oop. He could easily have spades and feel good about his chances. I think its early so its a fold m8, for me. If you are behind then you've 8% equity to catch a five which is too small.
  • edited December 2012
  • edited December 2012
    If you're gonna fold this flop , you'ld be better off folding pre.

With these stack sizes the original raiser is going to shove a big ace all day

Only reason to bet 150 on the flop imo, would be to induce a shove
  • edited December 2012
    shove >>> fold >>> call preflop

why are you min betting on the flop? makes no sense
  • edited December 2012
    Hi guys
    Shove with 25 BB's?
    You guys are obv good playrs but i don't understand this game if shoving is the correct play here in a non rebuyT. I don't know about L but i could certainly do with a detailed explanation of why? If its fold Equity stuff the with what hands should the players behind call it please?
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Good or bad fold not sure:
    Hi guys Shove with 25 BB's? You guys are obv good playrs but i don't understand this game if shoving is the correct play here in a non rebuyT. I don't know about L but i could certainly do with a detailed explanation of why? If its fold Equity stuff the with what hands should the players behind call it please?
    Posted by profman15
    We have around 15bb's. With 25bb it's a fold pre. With 15bb it's a shove unopened in the cut off.
  • edited December 2012
    He has 15 bbs not 25 we can profitably jam a hand even like qk for 18 bigs
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Good or bad fold not sure : We have around 15bb's. With 25bb it's a fold pre. With 15bb it's a shove unopened in the cut off.
    Posted by Curt360x27
     Hi Curt
    Madred has about 15bb but we have two players in between who are yet to bet ....surely we can't consider the effective stack sizes to be 15 bb's when there are other players in the pot still to act? Yes/no?
  • edited December 2012
    yeah i think you guys are right in including the shove on this flop 
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Good or bad fold not sure :  Hi Curt Madred has about 15bb but we have two players in between who are yet to bet ....surely we can't consider the effective stack sizes to be 15 bb's when there are other players in the pot still to act? Yes/no?
    Posted by profman15

It doesnt matter if the 2 players inbetween which you are talking about has 2 big blinds or 100 big blinds its still a profitable shove for us with 15 bigs.  
  • edited December 2012
    yeah i think you guys are right in including the shove on this flop 
    Posted by loololollo
    Dont shove the flop. shove pre
  • edited December 2012
    Profman 20xBB @ 75/150 = 3000

Hero starts the hand with 2.7k

I just open jam, if I'm minraised then it's 100% jam or fold now cos you just can't be calling and fold post flop and you'll hate most flops. As it is you got about as good a flop as you can hope for (without flopping a set or quads lol) and you folded.

Jam pre, jam over the raise pre, call the flop shove imo.
  • edited December 2012
    Profman 20xBB @ 75/150 = 3000 Hero starts the hand with 2.7k I just open jam, if I'm minraised then it's 100% jam or fold now cos you just can't be calling and fold post flop and you'll hate most flops. As it is you got about as good a flop as you can hope for (without flopping a set or quads lol) and you folded. Jam pre, jam over the raise pre, call the flop shove imo.
    Posted by Lambert180
     soz guys he has 18 BB'S, doesn't he. My apologies. TY LAMBERT, for pointing this out. Its his stack size that decides the shove w/18 BB'S. Sorry i muddied the waters there. I agree with the shove idea now but being so nitty i'd probably wait for AA!!!! TY for being patient and kind enough to explain. Cheers guys.....