You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

sort it out sky

edited December 2012 in Poker Chat
sorry to be so vulgar, and I am fully aware that sky will not pay any attention to posts of this kind but....

been away for a few days - back and wanting to play

try to install the download client

read warnings about chrome so use internet explorer

install fails continually

reboot 7527 times

still doesn't work

got zero confidence that customer support would help - so didn't bother contacting them

I mean how difficult can it be - use contral panel to uninstall adobe air & skypoker - reboot  - use internet explorer 32 to install download client - installation error.

so - what to do but to say "SORT OT OUT SKY" your software is still a POS

Comments

• edited December 2012
    How does the install fail?

What is happening exactly? Does it start to install fine?

If so, how far does it install before it fails and what pops up when it fails?
  • edited December 2012

sorry an error has occured

The application could not be installed because an application with that name already exists at the selected installation location. Try installing to a different location.
  • edited December 2012
    It's no uninstalling all of the files for some reason.

What operating system do you use?

You're definetly using the add/remove porgrams to uninstall?
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to sort it out sky:
    sorry to be so vulgar, and I am fully aware that sky will not pay any attention to posts of this kind but.... been away for a few days - back and wanting to play try to install the download client read warnings about chrome so use internet explorer install fails continually reboot 7527 times still doesn't work got zero confidence that customer support would help - so didn't bother contacting them I mean how difficult can it be - use contral panel to uninstall adobe air & skypoker - reboot  - use internet explorer 32 to install download client - installation error. so - what to do but to say "SORT OT OUT SKY" your software is still a POS
    Posted by GELDY
    Mine works just fine, but I understand your frustration.

This is what I did.........

1. Un-install "Adobe Flash Player"
    2. Un-install "Sky POker"
    3. Go to "Program Files" if you still see a "Sky Poker" file then manually delete it.
    4. Re-start PC
    5. Download latest "Adobe Flash Player"
    6. Download & Install "Sky Poker"
    7. Ensure MS Internet Explorer or Fire Fox is your default "Explorer" I Prefer MS IE
    8. Re-start PC
    9. Double Click "Sky Poker" icon"

Hope it work out for you m8 - I rarely have any probs anymore.
  • edited December 2012
    had this problem all last nite its google chrome i downloaded mozilla firefox itsssssssssssss sooooooooo much better then anything else its alot quicker with everything get this and u can download the poker client
  • edited December 2012
    delete google chrome on ya screen page and on the start button then add or remove programs delete all google chrome of there then all u have os ya basic internet on that go to mozilla firefox download that and schizzle its the best
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: sort it out sky:
    Try using this to uninstall air and skypoker http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall/en-us
    Posted by AcidMan27

This is something that sky quite specifically cant sort out, prob no chance to have support help you but shouldn't hurt unless it angers you. 

As people have said seems like uninstall isn't working correctly AND that you have the right idea about how you should be going about trying to fix it. 

GL let us know how it goes.
  • edited December 2012
    thanks for all the advice

tried everything - no luck

bought a registry optimizer and corrected all my registry errors - still no luck

given up trying for tonight
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to sort it out sky:
    sorry to be so vulgar, and I am fully aware that sky will not pay any attention to posts of this kind but.... been away for a few days - back and wanting to play try to install the download client read warnings about chrome so use internet explorer install fails continually reboot 7527 times still doesn't work got zero confidence that customer support would help - so didn't bother contacting them I mean how difficult can it be - use contral panel to uninstall adobe air & skypoker - reboot  - use internet explorer 32 to install download client - installation error. so - what to do but to say "SORT OT OUT SKY" your software is still a POS
    Posted by GELDY
    same problem as me, i had to use chrome ever since cos thats the only way i could download. computers never been the same since, crashes mid game all the time!!
  • edited December 2012
    I sent an email to Sky not long ago which was passed on to the tech team about this problem, and now notice that on the download link it says this 

(Please note: Due to a recent Google Chrome update, users may experience problems downloading Sky Poker. We recommend either using an alternative browser or installing Adobe Air before using Google Chrome)

I have also been asked by a few people on fb if I could help and told them to simply use IE they did and had no probs so I can't work out why it won't work for you GELDY bit of a strange one, only thing I can suggest is make sure bothyour Flash Player AND Shockwave Flash are bang up to date hope this helps
  • edited December 2012
    fixed

although control panel showed that skypoker was not installed, there was still a skypoker folder with some subfolders in program files (x86)

deleted these manually and it installed aok

• edited December 2012
    In Response to sort it out sky : Mine works just fine, but I understand your frustration. This is what I did......... 1. Un-install "Adobe Flash Player" 2. Un-install "Sky POker" 3. Go to "Program Files" if you still see a "Sky Poker" file then manually delete it. 4. Re-start PC 5. Download latest "Adobe Flash Player" 6. Download & Install "Sky Poker" 7. Ensure MS Internet Explorer or Fire Fox is your default "Explorer" I Prefer MS IE 8. Re-start PC 9. Double Click "Sky Poker" icon" Hope it work out for you m8 - I rarely have any probs anymore.
    Posted by POKERTREV

Or alternatively....  Buy an iMac ;o)
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: sort it out sky : Or alternatively....  Buy an iMac ;o)
    Posted by JockBMW
    I Only do BigMac's - Preferably a quarter pounder cheese :)