You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Master Cash Edition 3, Question THREE

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat

Heads-up again, £3-£6, we are playing £578, Villain has £494. 

The play has all been VERY aggro.

We have the Button.

We have Kd Qh.

We RAISE to £18. Villain re-pops it to £60, oops. But we CALL......

Flop Qc, 7s, 8c

Mr Villain now bets out - he bets £72........

Do we.....

a) Fold

b) Call

c) Raise to £180

d) Jam

Vote now.

e-Addy as before - "skyopen@bskyb.com

Comments

• edited November 2009
    I'd give him both barrels and Jam it. Its been an aggressive table and he could be making a move with any two cards, I've got top pair with a very good kicker and the chances of him having AA, KK or QQ is remote in my opinion. 

Mind you if the villain was Mark Banin I would probably fold the hand on the basis that he has played his usual 78 off aggressively lol
  • edited November 2009
    Top pair, good kicker, aggro opponent. Raising, thinking he's drawing to a club or he has a medium pair. Not putting him on AA. KK or a set, i believe he would have checked to me if he'd hit
  • edited November 2009

The real decision for me here came pre flop. Having decided to play the hand, then I'm very happy to flop top pair. I said in example 1 id rather have position than top pair, here I have both. Im holding all the aces here.

Im in complete control of the hand. Im dictating the pot size and can play it any way I like.

95% sure I'm ahead here, he could have ANY pocket pair, ace king, or from the description of the previous action, he could have 2 3 suited.

Im flat calling his bet, with the intention of extracting maximum value, whilst keeping control of the pot. See what he does on the turn.....My position in the game allows me to play with him, hes in the palm of my hand, I can make him squirm lol. I love it! :)

P.S, wether or not I call pre flop....is another question, but once I have, and in the scenario ive been given...then as above ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

DOHH

• edited November 2009
    I'm assuming that i've been playing fairly aggressively as well so i'm making the raise. If I flat call, the villain will be suspicous. I'm hoping to extract maximum of his stack so the smallish raise may encourage the villain to re-pop with a weaker hand. Or fire another bullet on 4th street.

I'm confident i'm ahead but as so many scenarios, it all depends on tabel history.

But what do I know, I'm an official donk
  • edited November 2009
    As its an aggro table I call here knowing he will bet again on the turn, then after that bet i jam it, if he folds we have 1 extra bet out of him
  • edited November 2009
    Aggro opponent = call.

There is little point in a jam here.  We do get calls from FDs/Qx/maybe JJ+TT but we fold out his entire bluffing range.

I'd give him both barrels and Jam it. Its been an aggressive table and he could be making a move with any two cards, I've got top pair with a very good kicker and the chances of him having AA, KK or QQ is remote in my opinion.

Ok so he can have ATC so we jam when we have a massive hand in HU format?  WAT?
  • edited November 2009
    "jam".I think i am ahead here
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Master Cash Edition 3, Question THREE:
    Aggro opponent = call. There is little point in a jam here.  We do get calls from FDs/Qx/maybe JJ+TT but we fold out his entire bluffing range. I'd give him both barrels and Jam it. Its been an aggressive table and he could be making a move with any two cards, I've got top pair with a very good kicker and the chances of him having AA, KK or QQ is remote in my opinion. Ok so he can have ATC so we jam when we have a massive hand in HU format?  WAT?
    Posted by scotty77
    I've no doubt that your right Scotty, but the way the cards have be going against me just lately I dont want to give him any chance to hit that miracle card that beats me.
  • edited November 2009
    I would Jam the lot in and put him to the test.
    The only hands that are beating you are AA, KK QQ, AQ, 77, 88 or 78 and the chances of villain have them are slim.
    He has only bet 1/2 pot, which could imply a weak bet.
    As the table has been aggressive, I would got over the top with the odds in my favour of being ahead with top pair good kicker.
  • edited November 2009
    Id probably jam here and pray he doesnt call. Our hand is good but it isnt a fantastic hand im more than happy taking the £132 he has aready put in.
  • edited November 2009
    I would never have called the re-raise but after doing so I must have realised that all the money could well be going in so why not with top pair 2nd kicker, I am prob hoping he folds though.
  • edited November 2009
    jam. If were getting 3bet a lot then we need to bluff at these flops by raising when we have air or a draw. If we only raise with a draw or when were bluffing were gonna be pretty easy to play against so we need to be able to raise for value with our top pair hands aswell. Theres also a lot of turn cards which would kill the action or improve his hand. Hes more likely to stack off light on the flop with worse pairs or a draw than he is on the turn.
  • edited November 2009
    I would Jam.

I've took too many hits on the river and turn lately so i want to kill this hand off ASAP.
  • edited November 2009
    It's potentially a fold from me, to be honest.

I don't think a call is an option, because if he's that agressive, we can be sure of another continuation on the turn which would have us pretty much committed from the call on the flop. Also, if another club, or a straightening card come, or even another 7 or 8, we're going to be in trouble.

Also, an all-in with what is essentially A pair isn't a good move for me in that situation.

If the table is that agressive, then I feel as though waiting for a better hand is the optimum move.
  • edited November 2009
    It's potentially a fold from me, to be honest.

I don't think a call is an option, because if he's that agressive, we can be sure of another continuation on the turn which would have us pretty much committed from the call on the flop. Also, if another club, or a straightening card come, or even another 7 or 8, we're going to be in trouble.

Also, an all-in with what is essentially A pair isn't a good move for me in that situation.

If the table is that agressive, then I feel as though waiting for a better hand is the optimum move.
  • edited November 2009
    Jam, im ahead most of the time, pretty sure he doesnt have a monster or he wouldnt have raised pre-flop, could easily just be C-betting with AK AJ A10 A9 KQ KJ and any low pocket pair.

i get my money in and kill the hand
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Master Cash Edition 3, Question THREE:
    Heads-up again, £3-£6, we are playing £578, Villain has £494.  The play has all been VERY aggro. We have the Button. We have Kd Qh. We RAISE to £18. Villain re-pops it to £60, oops. But we CALL...... Flop Qc, 7s, 8c Mr Villain now bets out - he bets £72........ Do we..... a) Fold b) Call c) Raise to £180 d) Jam Vote now. e-Addy as before - " skyopen@bskyb.com
    Posted by Tikay10
    Easy all in he has ace rag and has missed so he represents your hand. Push and he folds his ace 5. Even if he calls he is likely to have a7 or a8. Get those chips in!!
  • edited November 2009
    Jam with extra strawerry

The hand isn't big enough to to encourage further bluffs by either calling or raising.  We're heads up against a very aggro player with a massive range, the turn could complete any number of straight/flush/two pair draws.  Jam and take down the pot.  If he's got bigger then reloadand get him the next time.

P.S. Don't like the call preflop, that was a moment to make the stand or decide the oppo's hand was genuine.
  • edited November 2009
    What flop do we want after that call pre?  We defintately have to raise it here although when playing so deep an all in is not necessary. I repop to £180 and if he then goes all in i take my read on him whether i call but those horror decisions are what happens after the horror call of the reraise pre!!!
  • edited November 2009
    i repop to £180 just like my hero phil12uk! :)