You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Merry UKOPS!

edited December 2012 in Poker Chat

Christmas comes LATE this year, with UKOPS running for 4 consecutive nights, from 27th-30th December inclusive.

Each night there will be FOUR seperate UKOPS Events, consisting of......

MICRO (6.30pm each night). The first three will be £2.20 each, the last one will be £3.30.

MINI (8.15pm each night). The first three will be £5.50, the last one will be £11.

SIDEY (9pm each night). The first three will be £55 each, the last one will be £110.

MAIN (8pm each night). All 4 will be £110.

Comments

• edited December 2012

There will be a 5 hour Live TV Show, exclusively covering UKOPS, on all four nights, being Thursday to Sunday inclusive.
  • edited December 2012

UKOPS1 (Thursday 27th December)

Micro

£2.20 rebuy.

£1,000 Guarantee.

Starts @ 6.30pm.

Mini

£3.30 Bounty Hunter

£3,000 Guarantee

Starts @ 8.15pm

Sidey

£55 Roller

£7,500 Guarantee

Starts @ 9pm

Main

£110 Bounty Hunter

£30,000 Guarantee

Starts @ 8pm

Total Guarantees for UKOPS 1 = £41,500
  • edited December 2012

UKOPS2 (Friday 28th December)

Micro

£2.20 Bounty Hunter.

£1,000 Guarantee.

Starts @ 6.30pm.

Mini

£3.30 Rebuy

£3,000 Guarantee

Starts @ 8.15pm

Sidey

£55 Bounty Hunter

£7,500 Guarantee

Starts @ 9pm

Main

£110 Roller

£20,000 Guarantee

Starts @ 8pm

Total Guarantees for UKOPS 2 = £31,500
  • edited December 2012

UKOPS 3 (Saturday 29th December)

Micro

£2.20 Rebuy.

£1,000 Guarantee.

Starts @ 6.30pm.

Mini

£5.50 Bounty Hunter

£3,000 Guarantee

Starts @ 8.15pm

Sidey

£55 Roller

£7,500 Guarantee

Starts @ 9pm

Main

£110 Bounty Hunter

£25,000 Guarantee

Starts @ 8pm

Total Guarantees for UKOPS 3 = £36,500
  • edited December 2012

UKOPS 4 (Sunday 30th December)

Micro

£3.30 Rebuy.

£1,000 Guarantee.

Starts @ 6.30pm.

Mini

£11 Bounty Hunter

£5,000 Guarantee

Starts @ 8.15pm

Sidey

£110 Bounty Hunter

£10,000 Guarantee

Starts @ 9pm

Main

£110 NLH Freezeout

£40,000 Guarantee

Starts @ 8pm

Total Guarantees for UKOPS 4 = £56,000
  • edited December 2012

The Sky Poker Jackpot will run throughout Xmas UKOPS, & will be on the nightly MAIN & MINI. 
  • edited December 2012
    Looks spot on to me. Like you said at Luton. Tournament's to fit all pockets!! Surely someone can't moan at this....?
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Merry UKOPS!:
    Looks spot on to me. Like you said at Luton. Tournament's to fit all pockets!! Surely someone can't moan at this....?
    Posted by FlashFlush
    LOL I'm sure someone will accept that challenge!
  • edited December 2012

Oh go on then :)

3 out of the 4 'micros' are REBUYS! Defeats the idea of making them affordable for all IMHO.

<< waits for the usual backlash >>
  • edited December 2012
    Oh go on then :) 3 out of the 4 'micros' are REBUYS! Defeats the idea of making them affordable for all IMHO. << waits for the usual backlash />>
    Posted by MAXALLY
    True. But in Sky's defense they have very large guarentee's in the micro's and I doubt they would be met without rebuys/add-ons. It depends what the micro's want. Just a small buyin with small prize pool, or the challenge of going through a big field with a big juicy apple at the end of it for a very reasonable price (Even if you have say 3 rebuys the final reward can be well worth it)
  • edited December 2012
    another ukops great stuff :)

im gonna win a big 1 i can feel it coming :)

watch this  s  p   a    c    e
  • edited December 2012
    Sounds like a pretty good mini festival, well done sky poker, looking forward to giving it a good rattle from the start this time.

Is there any kind of official leaderboard in place for the individual tiers or a combined leaderboard?

I know there was talk about previous issues with the combined system, and maybe with it only being a mini festival, its not worthwhile to produce individual tiered leaderboards.
  • edited December 2012

Hi David,

Leaderboard?

Not that I am currently aware, no, though I suppose they might. I have not asked.

The problem is, there is no wholly fair way of designing a leaderboard, some players will always be, or feel, disadvantaged, & if an Official Leaderboard were run, it would end up in acrimony & negativity, & that is the last thing anyone wants at Christmas, imo.

One of the regulars here - Slyklist perhaps? - ran an unofficial one last time, but it caused a lot of hoohah, chuntering & "not fair" complaints. Shame really, but it is simply impossible to construct one that is wholly fair.  

• edited December 2012
  • edited December 2012
    Hi David, Leaderboard? Not that I am currently aware, no, though I suppose they might. I have not asked. The problem is, there is no wholly fair way of designing a leaderboard, some players will always be, or feel, disadvantaged, & if an Official Leaderboard were run, it would end up in acrimony & negativity, & that is the last thing anyone wants at Christmas, imo. One of the regulars here - Slyklist perhaps? - ran an unofficial one last time, but it caused a lot of hoohah, chuntering & "not fair" complaints. Shame really, but it is simply impossible to construct one that is wholly fair.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi Tikay.
    I think if someone like GaryQQQ were able to do a seperate "Tournament Results" thread just for the X'mas UKOPs, then I think that would surfice, as opposed to a Cash League Leaders board.

Its always good to have a browse through the day after and see if any familiar faces managed to cash. 

Pretty Please Garry? :)
  • edited December 2012
    Why is there nothing for the micro micro players fgs? 

I assume there will be sats into the micro events and sats into them sats and microx4 sats into them sats??

Huh?  Will there??? 

Why haven't you answered yet????
  • edited December 2012

^^^^^

Behave Solly.

Did you enjoy the SPT weekend?
  • edited December 2012
    ^^^^^ Behave Solly. Did you enjoy the SPT weekend?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Are all UKOPS 6 max ?
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Merry UKOPS! : Are all UKOPS 6 max ?
    Posted by whipit
    Yes. All UKOPS, all Main events amd most of the action here on Sky is 6max.
  • edited December 2012
    Shame that one of the Micro events isn't a proper freezeout. An ooportunity missed.

Edit - even none of the "minis" are standard freezeouts either.