You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Does a break away from playing effect your performance?

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
I haven't played much for a couple of weeks and feel I have lost my thought processes when I have played. I am not really concerned about if you get better results after a break, but do you feel you take a while to play to your previous level again?

I feel like I need to re-learn position, bet sizing, timings, image, etc etc...

Any thoughts?

I hope you all are having a good weekend. 

Glum

Comments

• edited November 2009
    :(, sucks, only way is to put in volume and stuff will prob comeback.

Maybe post some exapmles of bad sizing etc in strategy, get some advice.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Does a break away from playing effect your performance?:
    I haven't played much for a couple of weeks and feel I have lost my thought processes when I have played. I am not really concerned about if you get better results after a break, but do you feel you take a while to play to your previous level again? I feel like I need to re-learn position, bet sizing, timings, image, etc etc... Any thoughts? I hope you all are having a good weekend.  Glum
    Posted by Grimstar30

Hi Dave, sorry to be pedantic, but its affect, and not effect...

I found that my first game after taking a break i was in with a bang, playing well and with renewed enthusiasm... The cards seemed to fall right too...

You don't need to re-learn position etc Dave, you just need to play on pure instinct and after a few hands all the basics will come flooding back and you will be at the top of your game in no time...

Best of luck at the tables...

Greg (p.s come on you spurs) Villa Away, easy win imo...
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Does a break away from playing effect your performance?:
    In Response to Does a break away from playing effect your performance? : Hi Dave, sorry to be pedantic, but its affect, and not effect...
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Hi Greg, sorry to be pedantic but it's "it's" and not "its". :-)
    Also, there should be no comma before the "but" and the "and".
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Does a break away from playing effect your performance? : Hi Greg, sorry to be pedantic but it's " it's " and not "its". :-) Also, there should be no comma before the "but" and the "and".
    Posted by MereNovice
    /thread

get this man some internets, he has won them fair and square.
  • edited November 2009
    GRAMMAR POLICE ARE IN DA HOUSE!!
  • edited November 2009
    Also, there should be no comma before the "but" and the "and".

HI MERENOVICE--SORRY TO BE PEDANTIC,  but it's very bad grammar to end a sentence with the word "and", why not try adding a few more words after it, as I have done.  Hope this helps.
  • edited November 2009
    i think it does help
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Does a break away from playing effect your performance? : Hi Dave, sorry to be pedantic, but its affect, and not effect... I found that my first game after taking a break i was in with a bang, playing well and with renewed enthusiasm... The cards seemed to fall right too... You don't need to re-learn position etc Dave, you just need to play on pure instinct and after a few hands all the basics will come flooding back and you will be at the top of your game in no time... Best of luck at the tables... Greg (p.s come on you spurs) Villa Away, easy win imo...
    Posted by GREGHOGG

this is very good greg,

its rare you see this bit of advice ,

and defo one that cant be thought by other players ,

it all comes with making mistakes one self,

but instinct so important in call down hands and pushing all in ,

well done greg.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Does a break away from playing effect your performance?:
    I haven't played much for a couple of weeks and feel I have lost my thought processes when I have played. I am not really concerned about if you get better results after a break, but do you feel you take a while to play to your previous level again? I feel like I need to re-learn position, bet sizing, timings, image, etc etc... Any thoughts? I hope you all are having a good weekend.  Glum
    Posted by Grimstar30

I had a few days off a little while ago, and to be honest buddy it done me the world of good!! so i would say no from my point of view ;)
  • edited November 2009

I would like to agree with margate, having a break is good and i am sure poker is like riding a bike, not something you would have to learn how to do again, once you know how to play i would have thought you would remember things like position/timing. Unless that is you are suffering memory loss, that i would be more worried about, lol
    XX amanda

P.s hope nobody raids my grammar, dont want the police at my door.

• edited November 2009

Hi dave mate.I say you meet me on the cash tables,play like a complete muppet,give me all ure cash and then take another break.Best way to re-train imo.lol only kiddin mate im sure you are gonna do just fine.gl pal.dav